BobcatFans.com
http://bobcatfans.com/

***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***
http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26879
Page 4 of 4

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***

TXST1 wrote:
My statement was that even if just one of the mentioned guys stayed, it could have made a difference.

your statement was that any single player off your list would have made a difference. if any player on that list would not have made a difference, your statement is invalid. bingham alone kills it.
TXST1 wrote:
You noted 2 players as ones you would have liked to have.

i noted 3.
TXST1 wrote:
Gamble was class of 2015. Add up your years.

my bad - copy/paste error. doesn't change the fact that gamble contributed nothing in his 1yr on campus.
TXST1 wrote:
At least Gunter had a touchdown reception. He was injured last year, so it's misleading to only note how many catches he has had in 3 yrs.

7 catches in a single year isn't a hell of a lot better, especially when 3 of them were against an fcs team. his injury his freshman year is suspect as well. gunter is a guy i was very high on coming in, and even going into last season, but the reality is he's not an fbs player. hell, he's not even playing at tarleton.
TXST1 wrote:
I think Hoskins (if healthy) would have played well.

based on what?
TXST1 wrote:
Readus:
-I am aware that he broke the team core values, but as I stated, don't kick off one kid for fighting and then offer another kid who was dismissed from FSU for hitting a woman. It's almost laughable that we offered that guy when Withers says his players must respect women.

not sure why people have such a hard time w/ the concept of punishment served and second chances. the coach wants players to behave a certain way as members of this team. until they break a rule as a member of this team, there shouldn't be an issue. see: orakpo, yendrey
TXST1 wrote:
The Rest:
-Sure, none of these guys were proven contributors, but that doesn't equate to them not contributing this year. Ex: You state that Kerry Walker had 0 games played in 1 yr, therefore since he didn't do anything under Fran was likely not to contribute. Since Bryan London also had 0 games played in 1 yr - by your logic - he would likely not contribute. Let me know how many tackles Bryan London has this year.

fair point, but exceptions and rules and all that. if your argument is that any player who hadn't played would be a significant contributor, you're on shaky ground.
TXST1 wrote:
BTW: Per 247, Readus, Hutchison, & Anderson were all also 3* star players.

fair point as well - i was using rivals and should have been using 247.
TXST1 wrote:
Lastly, thanks for noting the lack of a trade deadline in college sports. That was extremely enlightening.

you're welcome. seems like it would be enlightening, since you are complaining about something in season 1, that shouldn't be a complaint until about season 3. what, exactly, would you like a coach to do about upgrading talent during the season?

Author:  BobcatDis [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***

Forget those old names, delete old culture, and move on

Author:  Phratcatbocoloco [ Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***

Saul Goodman wrote:
man
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 am
Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***
this was about 10min into the game:


What? Nobody wanted to see a 2-10 TEXAS team take on a Canadianesque FCS team? That's shocking.

Let's just change the tagline so it's official. You heard it first. "There's always the season after the season after the next one" 2020: The Bokopolipse: How Everett Withers' polarizing playcall melted the Polar Ice Cap starring Jared Leto and Val Kilmer

Author:  jimbobway [ Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***

Vandals are 6-4 in FBS play this year. If you're gonna call a team out there FCS, it was the 2-7 team from San Marcos.

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***Idaho @ TXST Gameday Thread***

vandals are 5-4 in fbs play this year
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sch ... edule.html

they also have 0 wins against teams with winning records. they are the 2014 version of us.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/