Georgia State 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Georgia State
Agreed. I'm not saying the admin did a great job during the last round of major realignment. There's not much criticism of the athletic department as a whole on this site that I defend. The athletic dept. has a loooooooooong way to go before we start to see consistently successful athletic programs.

I will defend the Sun Belt from some of the unwarranted criticism it gets on here though. It's not near as bad of a conference as it's perceived (both by our fanbase and nationally). It did earn that negative perception from a pretty terrible first decade (keep in mind the Sun Belt has only been a football conference for 15 years), but the past 5 years have seen the conference really improve it's positioning amongst the other G5 conferences. It's probably a perfect fit for us right now. We need to focus more on our own performance, which is unacceptable. Many of the other programs in our league are doing their part to help the league, we are decidedly underachieving when we have the resources right now to be a solid Sun Belt program.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:54 pm