Georgia State 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Georgia State
GSU received approval to purchase Turner Field for 22.8 mill. They will convert the stadium into a 23,000 seat football field. Can this be correct? 23K? That wouldn't build a high school school stadium in an urban ISD in Texas! Gotta love playing in the Shitbelt.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:28 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Georgia State
Given our history of producing shit, I'd say we're lucky to be in the shitbelt right now. I do hope that changes at some point. A fan can dream, right?

:texasstate:

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:
GSU received approval to purchase Turner Field for 22.8 mill. They will convert the stadium into a 23,000 seat football field. Can this be correct? 23K? That wouldn't build a high school school stadium in an urban ISD in Texas! Gotta love playing in the Shitbelt.

23K with pre-planned expansions. It is a smart strategy so that the stadium always appears fairly full even if actual numbers are low, and it allows for incremental size increase. It is essentially the same strategy being employed at Bobcat Stadium.

Given what we're putting out, we've got no room to complain about the ShitBelt.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:

We should be so lucky to have 23,000 show up for this Saturday's game.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We are getting a bad reputation amongst the conference for how we talk about it.

We are the worst team in the conference and here we are talking shit about it like we are too good for it or something. Yet the rest of the league, that all have better football programs than us, pretty much universally are able to speak positively about the league and it's members.

It's great to aspire for something better. We should be doing that. I just don't see the point in badmouthing our current home that is currently too good for us to even compete in.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Kinda like how UNT was, right?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Kinda like how UNT was, right?

Yes. Pretty much exactly like UNT.

We are acting like UNT fans. Which is sad and embarrassing.

Actually, on 2nd thought we are far worse than UNT. The Sun Belt was significantly shittier back when they came in the league, so at least they had more of a point. Also UNT won 4 straight conference championships from 2001 to 2004 after they entered the league. We are 9-18 in league games since we joined the conference. Absolutely no room to talk bad about it.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I do not think that a few out of touch posters should count as "We".

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think it's because some people are still bitter about how UTSA got a CUSA invite and we didn't. They started a football program and in 3 years passed us by. We thought we deserved a better conference given how long we've existed. Unfortunately, that's all we've ever done is just exist.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Some of you guys need to pay attention.

CUSA is a shitty athletic conference. It's no better than the Sun Belt.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Conference ratings by site:

RealtimeRPI:
Sun Belt - 9th
CUSA - 11th

Sagarin (breaks into divisions):
Sun Belt - 16th
CUSA West - 18th
CUSA East - 19th

Warren Nolan:
Sun Belt - 9th
CUSA - 10th

USA Today (As of 9/30, looks like they haven't updated since then):
Sun Belt - 8th
CUSA - 10th

The Sun Belt is universally ranked higher than CUSA this year, and I think the future looks brighter for the Sun Belt after the last round of realignment than it does for CUSA. CUSA certainly has historically been the better conference, but things have changed and are continuing to change. It's time we move on and quit crying about where we're at. We may be better positioned in the Sun Belt anyway. It would be nice to have a couple other Texas teams in the conference for football, but other than that there is no benefit in being in CUSA other than the Sun Belt.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't disagree with what you said or the stats. It's just that at the time UTSA got the invite, CUSA's perceived reputation was much better than the Sunbelt 's.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ThunderCat2006 wrote:
I don't disagree with what you said or the stats. It's just that at the time UTSA got the invite, CUSA's perceived reputation was much better than the Sunbelt 's.

It's the Texas State way... Sometimes, we fall bass ackwards into being in the right place.

At the time, it was worse... Now? It's better. Except for bowl tie-ins... They have better bowls (for us) I believe.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ranked teams 11/13: sunbelt - 1, cusa - 0

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Keep in mind, I'm not knocking the Sun Belt. There is plenty I don't like about it, but there would be plenty I don't like about being in the MWC too.

My statement is merely an indictment on the Administration because they had an opportunity to get us into CUSA, and failed. It doesn't matter that now in hindsight, it's better for us to be in the Sun Belt. It's that, yet again, they strived for something (albeit, they strived half assed) and failed.

If Teis back then had come out and said "Guys, trust me... The Sun Belt is where we want to be, we just need to give it a few years", I'd be patting him on the back for making the move. But instead, he said "we sent CUSA a power point, but they weren't interested. We tried guys."

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:36 pm