Vandals vs Bobcats 
SuperCat

Post Vandals vs Bobcats
I saw tonight that the Cats are 8.5 point dogs against the Vandals. With this game and at NM State, these games may be the last two hopes of wins for the season. I think we'll have a better chance of winning against the Vandals, especially being a home game. Anyone else thinking that we have a real shot at winning this one?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Vandals vs Bobcats
So need more alcohol to watch this game. Got it. on that topic watching this electoral map unfold is like watching bobcat football. Need much more alcohol to absorb these results.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

OL is a problem so no matter who we play there right now is not really going to change it at this point. Offense can't get going and yes... its the trenches that is the problem.

In today's press conference, Withers noted Brewer was our best OL right now. Not Melton, Cattaneo, or Romero, who seems to already be losing PT. I'd expect as we continue to count down games 4 to 3 to 2 to final game we'll continue to see more freshmen be it Pierce, Lemons, Williams, and maybe Washington.

At this point, I'm not holding my breath that this leader-less offense can turn it around. I wish we could but not seeing it on the field.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We won't win another game this year . . .

. . . 2-10 for the season, Book it . . . . Better hope that Withers is a Recruiting SOB moving forward . . . ,

. . . and even if he is, don't look for a good season until 2018.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I have to agree with 87.
Unfortunately, I am usually wrong about everything. So, we may win another game! More than likely, it will be found that we had ineligible players participating in the Ohio game and our record will drop to 1 - 11. :cry:

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

rtuncap wrote:
Anyone else thinking that we have a real shot at winning this one?

:sign: i'm all in vs both idaho and nmsu.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:40 pm
SuperCat

Buying tickets and making a weekend of it in San Marcos. Not expecting much at all but I've been a fan through the bad years and the...well, they've almost always been bad, so this feels normal. My wife is a former Strutter and she could not give a shit about the actual games, and according to her the Strutters are having a great year...so there's that.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:42 pm
SuperCat

I am interested to see our defense against their O. Linehan will pick us apart if given time. I expect us to be more aggressive. I would like to see us get after his ass and play man. Hasn't been the strongest aspect of our game, but we gotta try. We would give up some big plays, but we have to force the issue IMO. Turnovers and putting them in some bad 3rd down spots would be a great result of some pressures. He will pick our zones apart; with our inability to get no rush from our front 3. We will have to bring 5 & 6 men more often; living or dying with the blitzes.

Offensively, the next two weeks should be better matchups for our guys. Phill Steele ranked Idaho with the worst front 7 in conference. The Aggies with the worst secondary. BTW, we were tied with the Vandels and Aggies with the worst LB and DB corps respectively.

As for playing young guys, that is likely a good idea. Parcells once said, "if they don't bite when there puppies, they usually don't bite." Lets see who will use those canines.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Siudzinski rushed for 170 yards against them last year at their place.

Hope him and Mayberry find some running lanes on Saturday.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BoobCat33 wrote:
Siudzinski rushed for 170 yards against them last year at their place.

facts:
345y rushing for his career
170y against idaho
175y in 11 other games

conclusion:
idaho can not stop siudzinski

assumption:
bobcats win, because: siudzinski

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We still have HOPE on our side, I still say we have a shot at 2 more W's...

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:04 pm
SuperCat

At this point I don't even care if we win, I would just like to see a competitive game.

2016 has been so messed up that maybe we win out and sneak into a bowl. Crazier things have happened this year (see Cavs, Cubs, the elections, etc.)

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:26 am
SuperCat

Colt Golden wrote:
I am interested to see our defense against their O. Linehan will pick us apart if given time. I expect us to be more aggressive. I would like to see us get after his ass and play man. Hasn't been the strongest aspect of our game, but we gotta try. We would give up some big plays, but we have to force the issue IMO. Turnovers and putting them in some bad 3rd down spots would be a great result of some pressures. He will pick our zones apart; with our inability to get no rush from our front 3. We will have to bring 5 & 6 men more often; living or dying with the blitzes.

Offensively, the next two weeks should be better matchups for our guys. Phill Steele ranked Idaho with the worst front 7 in conference. The Aggies with the worst secondary. BTW, we were tied with the Vandels and Aggies with the worst LB and DB corps respectively.

As for playing young guys, that is likely a good idea. Parcells once said, "if they don't bite when there puppies, they usually don't bite." Lets see who will use those canines.

OK, our brain trust decided to try and play bend/don't break D. It didn't work. They must have felt that our offense was good enough to put some points up and win a shoot out. I am choosing to go with that thought process. They expected our offense to perform better and we would outscore em in the end.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 pm