Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 ***Louisiana v. TXST '16 Gameday Thread*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***Louisiana v. TXST '16 Gameday Thread***
Saul Goodman wrote:
sontino wrote:
Talking about this one

fair enough, but "why not both?" applies here. the ol is shit, and calling the same swing passes over and over again isn't helping anything.

personally, i'd like to see them moving the pocket on every down. roll out l, roll out r, rinse, repeat. if we can't protect, let's make the dl chase on every down and give tyler a chance to make plays on the run, which he's pretty good at doing.

Yes exactly. If the pocket collapses just roll jones out.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

withers ran off the entire team. instead of trying to change the culture he got rid of them, left the team with a bunch of fresh meat, the wolves are feasting on the fresh meat, they are all wounded, now we are just trying to finish the year. team is pathetic.

#party in the field goal

what a joke.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

#PartyifwecanfindtheEndZone

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 pm
Junior Bobcat

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
withers ran off the entire team. instead of trying to change the culture he got rid of them, left the team with a bunch of fresh meat, the wolves are feasting on the fresh meat, they are all wounded, now we are just trying to finish the year. team is pathetic.

#party in the field goal

what a joke.

There wasn't much of a team for him to run off. You act like Franny left us with anything. I bet we would probably would have lost to both Ohio and Incarnate had fran still been here and most likely gone 0-12

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 pm
Junior Bobcat

#Partyintheiredzone

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:06 pm
Junior Bobcat

Texas State is the 4th largest University in the state of Texas. This is the product we put on the football field. Wow!

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bunch of scrubs.

at least withers has rules and standards... :roll: creates winning and the compliance AD is happy.

wait for basketball season...... we suck

wait for baseball season..... we suck, but we had Goldschmidt 7 years ago so Harrington should keep his job for ever.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Withers: "We're getting ready to hit the road and go recruiting this week and I can't wait. It's red alert because we don't have enough."

Let's hope we can win February at least and not have to settle for "OKG's".

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just cheer on the Women's teams. Basketball should great this year same with Softball

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cheer on the women's teams? they dont win anything either. only thing we have a chance at winning is lacrosse and some bullshit called quidich, and thats a fucking harry potter game from my understanding.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i bet you're a real blast at parties.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

because i dont know what harry potter games to play?

we have a great time at our tailgate parties, the shitty football seems to get in the way.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 pm
SuperCat

It just sucks...we are all sick of the "wait til next year BS" and just want a winning program. Heck I would just be happy with being competitive at this point.

Regardless of the why ... we are behind UTSA...which is unbelievable to me and our team ranks at or near the bottom of all of FBS. As far as Withers goes - I wish him well, but our issues seem to run deeper than just the head coach. We all love our University and know it could be and should be so much more.

Sorry for the rant...back to the Tequila

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I've been all 3 home games so far. Both lines got easily handled once again. This is possibly the worst O-line unit we've ever had even going back to FCS. They couldn't get much push against UIW, so I figure there's 15-20 FCS teams that would boatrace us just because of our shitty lines.

On defense we've got to play such soft pass coverage because we've got no pass rush. Blitzes won't work either when your blitizing linebacker is 6'-190ish.

On offense you guys are bagging on the calls but there is not much else they can do with the players we have. This game TJ probably had an average of 2 seconds to set up and get a good throw off. Freeman said on the postgame we're on pace to give up about 45-48 sacks on the season and in 2014 we gave up 25 total for the season. Also we've got no big receivers on the roster to throw the ball upfield to. Unless he's throwing to Schrade, TJ is trying to hit guys that average 5'7-8" and 170 lbs.

Honestly this has me wondering why we have sucked so much at recruiting and keeping good players. O-line and D-line comprise about 20 roster spots. How can we, in the middle of the state of TX, not have one anywhere in this group that is even close to be conference honorable mention? Were Fran and his staff doing the bare minimum on recruitment? Do the resources and perks here for athletes suck so much that no one good will come play here?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
cheer on the women's teams? they dont win anything either. only thing we have a chance at winning is lacrosse and some bullshit called quidich, and thats a fucking harry potter game from my understanding.

Wat. We won VBall conference in '13 (we looked prime to win at least our division) and made it NCAA regionals in Softball. In Basketball, we get a get a lot of returners + good freshmen (a pair of twins actually) + an SEC transfer coming off sitting out (named SEC freshman of the week and scored a lot of them points while at Arkansas). At least read up on how the Women do before you start hating. :^)

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next