Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 TXST Lacrosse 2017 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: TXST Lacrosse 2017
Per twitter 11-8 Bobcats. Good win for us.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

it was actually kind of sloppy. we got out to a big lead at half (8-2) and then really lost focus on offense the 2nd half. their goalie was a sieve and we should have put 20 past him. their f/o guy was really good though - i'd bet he actually won more than weir last night.

be nice so see a more complete game vs tcu today.

more students at the game last night than at the hoops game weds.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:45 am
Junior Bobcat

Bummer, a 15-7 loss to TCU today for TXST. :(

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

yeah, that sucked. lot of things going on though.

you could see the guys were clearly gassed from the night before. that's just club ball - you play back-to-back games and deal w/ the consequences.

weir isn't on his game - his dad said he thinks he's battling some nagging injuries.

gould didn't play. no idea why.

had a player get a really bad concussion and have to go to the hospital. apparently the 2nd on the year, so he could be done.

one of the reasons the defense hasn't looked sharp is they are missing one of their starters. he was supposed to be back for the lsu game, but just not ready. hoping to have him back for ou next weekend.

the defense overall doesn't seem to have the confidence, especially in their stick skills, as year's past. our clearing game has been a huge strength for quite a while, and now we're getting bogged down in the back 1/3 of the field.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

not being able to clear is a real issue not to mention struggling at face and goalie. Not optimistic against OK, or anyone else for that matter, if things don't change. Hope they get things healthy again soon.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

don't think goalie is an issue at all, as far as stopping the ball. aj is playing well, considering what's in front of him. i do wish he was more aggressive immediately on the clear, but i don't know what the coach is asking for there.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Clearing is one of those things coaches stress but don't really practice enough. For those not familiar, it's like your defense getting a turnover in the red zone and then your offense immediately turning the ball over after your defense did such a great job. Takes any momentum away and kills the team.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

nice win tonight vs a very improved sooner squad

13 txst
10 ou

3-4-3-3: 13 bobcats
3-2-1-4: 10 sooners

weir was back to old form at faceoff

cody gould was back and FEELING himself. scored some AMAZING goals and had a gorgeous behind the back assist (maybe 2?). prettiest offensive performance i've ever seen from a bobcat.

whole 1st mid line had a strong game. 41 has matured into such a savvy player. he was impressive as just a big, raw athlete as a freshman, but he's really developed - both hands, multiple dodges, patience, vision. our best player coming back next year. adam jones.

well, best offensive player. 44, jacob Hamilton, is a hell of a defenseman and he had a great night as well. he also returns next year.

play texas tech (2-9) tomorrow and then at texas on thursday night. if you're in austin, you should make that game. 7pm at the caven lacrosse complex. park across mlk. it's a nightmare down there w/ all the med school construction, so give yourself time.
https://goo.gl/ggdMRe

Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tech game cancelled due to weather.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

rough night for the good guys up in Austin.

2-5-2-3: 12 longhorns
1-2-0-1: 4 bobcats

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 pm
Junior Bobcat

Does that drop us out of the play-offs?

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hate losing to those guys.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Does that drop us out of the play-offs?

no sir. in fact, last night was a no-win going into the game as far as the playoffs went. we would have had to win by 5 goals to move up in the seeding. we will be the 3 seed on our side of the bracket next weekend.

here is the write-up for playoff scenarios from before last night: https://lonestarpowerranks.wordpress.co ... ff-primer/

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 am
Junior Bobcat

Hey Saul, the you listed is predicting TXST at SMU. What are the chances of a run in playoffs? I saw where you said SMU is hard to read, or would a different team in rd 1 be a better match-up? Thanks for any insight.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

the exact time/date still tbd, but yes, we will play at smu next weekend.

i don't know a ton about the ponies, so i can only go off of schedule & scores. they definitely aren't the same team we lost to in the conference finals last year. 8-5 on the year w/ 5 goal losses to both texas and ou in conference. we handled ou with ease, and ou did the same to texas for 80% of their game, until ut came back to win in ot, then ut put the wood to us. so can we beat smu? on paper, for sure. but they are at home, and there's certainly bad blood between the teams, so who knows?

can we make a run? sure - there's not a team in the conference we can't beat on the right day. but we don't have the luxury of winning at less than 100%. as i've seen more games through the end of the season (most of the early ones were away), it seems to be the role players who really dictate our success. our studs do pretty damn well most of the time - they might be shooting wide or dead at the goalie, but by and large they get their offense organized and the shots they want. but our turnovers typically come from the next level guys, and that keeps the studs from being able to do what they do.

my gut says we are a handful of quality players away from being the class of the conference. our top guys are pretty damn good, but we need another 1 or 2 there to be deep. we really don't have a quality 2nd line on offense this year. our role players have to be better overall, and we need 2 or 3 more at that level as well. i don't have the numbers, but i'd bet our overall rotation per game is closer to 16 than it is to 20 or 21, and that's a difference maker.

i'll post the bracket once it is published.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next