Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lunch topic: what would make you walk away as a fan? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Lunch topic: what would make you walk away as a fan?
Honestly, I don't think I would ever totally walk away as a fan. I have too many amazing memories of San Marcos and the Hill, that I would never be able to stop supporting the place that shaped a lot of who I am today. I wouldn't know my 3 best friends in the world if not for Texas State, so I would never be able to disown it.

I might stop opening the checkbook though and just start watching games if we keep Larry around for much longer without more progress.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think it would take working there for me to leave completely.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:15 pm
SuperCat

I was similar to LT Spider in that while I was here I didn't go to many football games until we went FBS my senior year. I went to plenty of other sporting events though since they played all the big boys and football didn't when we were FCS. But since FBS I've been a pretty staunch supporter. I've been in the Bobcat Club since I've graduated, but I don't get season tickets since I get free tickets.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Ask my wife, I walk away weekly after every loss in a slew of profanities.
Although we both went to TxState, my wife isn't much of a sports fan, so it's pretty hard to get her into the games. So, when I give her a heads up on my game schedule for the weekend(we have 3 kids - heads up on future plans are a must), she always replies with a "I don't know why you do this to yourself every weekend" and a half smile head shake.
I start getting excited again around Thursday/Friday and come Saturday, I'm wearing my Bobcat gear and getting my yardwork/to do list knocked out early so I can watch the game and start the cycle over again.

Truth is, very much like StallionJockey, that school shaped my life today. I don't think I could ever walk away from it. Too many memories and friends made there. When it comes to TxState football, I'm a proud masochist.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17464999/joy-pain-college-football-kickoff-week
*Edit - I posted this link, because after reading it, my wife somewhat understood the joy/pain that TxState football brings me and why I put myself through game after game.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I haven't completely walked away, but I started walking away when Teis sent that letter to the SMDR detailing how good we were with Fran as our coach and how fans only care about athletes walking into the end zone versus across the stage. That letter, was the stamp on Teis dedication to mediocrity. I took another step out when I watched Teis embarrass all of us as he stumbled through that introduction of Everett Withers. I pulled my bobcat club donation after a decade of donations and let my football season tickets go. I still watch the games at home and really like coach Withers. I just simply can't go all in any longer on Bobcat athletics with Teis running this operation.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

graduated in 82. Watched Wacker and the boys win those championships. We had very good basketball and track programs also back then. Came back in 2005 and been here since. I stay because I go to games with family and friends. At the end of this year. the family thing changes and I'll probably still come to support the Bobcats next year.

I look at UT and wonder why people pay so much money and get so little in return. We're still lucky here. Our tickets are reasonable and bobcat club membership is affordable. When both start getting higher, then they might lose me if the on field results don't improve in the sports I go see (football, basketball, baseball, and track).

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

"When it comes to TxState football, I'm a proud masochist."

You never grew up rooting for the Cubbies. That takes masochism to a whole different level. This could be the year, but I doubt it. Something will happen, and the Billygoat curse will continue.

:-(

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

ChicagoGuy wrote:
Something will happen, and the Billygoat curse will continue.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:
Something will happen, and the Billygoat curse will continue.

Heh

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I say this while wearing a cubs shirt and a condo booked walking distance from wrigley for the WS weekend. It is much easier being a cubs fan than a bobcat fan.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
I say this while wearing a cubs shirt and a condo booked walking distance from wrigley for the WS weekend. It is much easier being a cubs fan than a bobcat fan.

Please think of me while you are having an Italian Beef sandwich. I hope you get to hear Wayne Messmer sing the National Anthem.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Chicago Guy and Spider . . .

You two are hilarious . . . I grew up an American League guy, and at this moment have no "horse in the race."

Obviously, I'm also a LONG suffering Bobcat Fan (aren't we all).. . even that cannot compare to the suffering of Cubs Fans, in fact, not much can . . . .

This year, IMO, the ideal WS Match . . Cubs Vs Indians, and Gawd willing, This is the year of The Cubs! (In 7).

The Goat Dies this year . . .

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Taxman hired as head coach.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

lurker wrote:
Taxman hired as head coach.

I see how it is.....you give Withers a few years to build something, yet would immediately turn on me!? 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

From Trauth to Teis to whomever our Men's Athletic program is one large fail cascade.

In the real world, if either worked for a company where measured results actually matter neither would be employed at the level that they are at today.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next