Texas State Need to Start Thinking Big 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Texas State Need to Start Thinking Big
My 2 cents

Parking/Tailgate

The parking pass is worth the BC donation, period. (Unless you are Ties protesting) Most FBS stadiums do not have drive up stadium lots, we are lucky it doesn't take a large donation to get parking benefits. As far as tailgating, if you do not want to see the drunken debauchery try heading to the RV lot, you can join the Alumni Assoc. for $50 bucks (was $18.99 during Step Up for State) and you and 1 other can eat and drink for free or you can pay at the door. I've been doing it for awhile and haven't seen a fight or anyone urinating ( UPD did have one guy penned up against the outfield wall at the Navy game but I didn't see the act) You can also join the BC at a certain level and get pavilion passes, enjoy a pregame meal 90 minutes prior to kick. There are some good options for different budgets to have a good time.

Program

We as a program are still learning. I have been going to games for the past 17 years and when I look back at the growth of the program it has been steady. Some of our home openers in the past decade have been against Tarelton, ACU, Angelo St., Southern Arkansas, now just think we just played the #6 team in the country at Bobcat Stadium. I'm not saying we need to be content with this, but it does take time, money, and winning to become big time. We do not have a Phil Knight or T Boone Pickens so we all need to support the program either by joining the BC, coming to games, buying gear, or just spreading the word via social media or word of mouth. (Grassroots Marketing)

Stadium Experience

Speakers = horrible (Intro/kickoff music you can barely hear/ Harley Davidosn Commercial will hurt your ears the bass is so bad)
Video Boards = Too small and too far away
Concessions = lines, lines, and more lines
Students = learn when to cheer (Quite Offense at Work made an appearance, the Wave when we have the ball seriously!?!)
Overall as fans we need help with cheering, our band needs help with when to play, I thought UH band ha fit down, I liked their Womp Womp cheer (sans profanity)

I could go on with our faults, but we are learning. I do agree that we need an AD to step up and move this at a quicker pace, but I think if Withers and his staff can win that could help that along.

Feel free to critique or enlighten me. Eat'Em Up!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
tpopt wrote:
a guy was raising his voice talking graphically about male genitalia while my daughter was is in front of him. And before you say it, .... Yes, my wife and I prepped her before we got there. Hell it's the public right and you may hear and see anything? Just didn't think I was taking her to a place that had no consideration for families on family weekend.

did you say anything to him?

Yea but it was just a quiet "Really?" and a gesture to my daughter. Tried to communicate without my daughter knowing or getting a heated response in return. She was already anxious/scared and dad getting into an argument or worse would have been the cherry on top of the already screwed up day. The guy didn't necessarily show any concern or apologize even though he did shut up the rest of the time we were there. I think that him shutting up was because his buddy was noticeably uncomfortable and I think that he just refused to carry on the conversation anymore.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tpopt wrote:
The kids actually made me get out of my truck to break up the 15 kids fighting when none of the other 100 people around seemed to care much.

I call bullshit here. No way tptotptotptotptotptopt could stop a fight between two toddlers, let alone young adults.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Good to have you back bud. Place wasn't the same without the Rev Douche Bag.

In response:

At first it was just a show but when it didn't end quickly, my wife and daughter started screaming at me to go break it up.

Apparently they feel that I can do anything since the possibility of me being the one getting his ass kicked didn't even cross their minds. Had I been drinkin, I wouldn't have hesitated. But that wasn't the case so I wasn't near as confident in my ability to affect the situation as they were. Hell, It's not natural for anyone to just go walk into a drunk fight of around 10 - 15 people. Not sure why women don't understand that.

Didn't actually get out of the truck until one kid got on top of another and I felt that someone might get seriously hurt.

Honestly, it was probably the soccer mom behind me that scared them off. Nobody screws with soccer moms.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tpopt wrote:
Good to have you back bud. Place wasn't the same without the Rev Douche Bag.

In response:

At first it was just a show but when it didn't end quickly, my wife and daughter started screaming at me to go break it up.

Apparently they feel that I can do anything since the possibility of me being the one getting his ass kicked didn't even cross their minds. Had I been drinkin, I wouldn't have hesitated. But that wasn't the case so I wasn't near as confident in my ability to affect the situation as they were. Hell, It's not natural for anyone to just go walk into a drunk fight of around 10 - 15 people. Not sure why women don't understand that.

Didn't actually get out of the truck until one kid got on top of another and I felt that someone might get seriously hurt.

Honestly, it was probably the soccer mom behind me that scared them off. Nobody screws with soccer moms.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those two comments just made my day!

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:59 am
Bobcat Wannabe

2-4

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:02 am