Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Herman to LSU 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Herman to LSU
Regarding the minority issue, I saw a blurb about it on the AAS Bevobeat section early Sunday morning and it soon disappeared or got altered....it basically said Fenves was sick to his stomach over the thought of having to fire the school's first African-American coach.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

FYI don't know if any of you caught this but Withers and Trauth gave comments to the Houston Chronicle article on black coaches this past week

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college/article/As-minority-hiring-stagnates-black-coaches-point-10623764.php

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

for those of you who hate the longhorns, you need to be rooting for memphis today. if that happens, there is absolutely no way for texas to come out a winner. if they get herman, half the fans will be bitching about taking a guy that can't beat smu and navy and memphis. if they don't get herman, especially because he goes to lsu, half the fans will be in an uproar because lsu scooped them. if they end up having to keep charlie because there aren't any other options out there (there really aren't...), half the fans will be bitching about keeping a shitty coach w/ 3 straight losing seasons. by half, i mean 95%, for all scenarios.

Last edited by Saul Goodman on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:23 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

What does Whorn Saul prefer?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

i'd have preferred perrin to fire charlie after kansas like foley did muschamp a couple of years ago at florida. "wish charlie the best, but it's not working out here, he's going to finish the season and then we'll part ways."

if texas doesn't end up w/ herman in the next couple of days or so, they are proper fucked. there isn't another big hire out there this cycle - petersen isn't leaving washington and who else is there? nada.

on a surface level, keeping strong isn't as terrible as most will make it out to be. he's going to have an incredibly talented team coming back next year and you have to believe some of those wins come at some point. however, it would simply be another season of "when are they going to fire charlie" so why go through that? it would literally be a no-win situation for all involved.

i think herman would kill it at texas. he's a hell of an offensive coach w/ experience at the biggest programs and recruiting in the best areas. all signs point to him being the next great hc in cfb. if he could pull aranda in as his dc as well...that would be a really formidable staff w/ great resources. if he could keep gilbert, mattox, traylor and maybe even haley too? dream scenario.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:12 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

As expected Strong is gone at Texas.
LSU hires Ed Orgeron.
And now ESPN sources reporting Herman to Texas.

All of this breaking within the past 2 hours.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:52 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Curious as to where Miles and Strong will land. I can't imagine them being out of a job for long, unless they truly want to take some time off. (Although I read Miles is already actively hunting).

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I heard Miles to Baylor as a possibility. But that's his interest, not necessarily the schools intrest.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

saw that today and can't think of a weirder fit. kind of want to see him there just for the awkwardness of the whole situation.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 am
SuperCat

Heard the rumor that Briles is talking to Houston. That would so pathetic if Houston would stoop so low to hire that douche bag.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:16 am
Bobcat Wannabe

I could see Miles going to UH before they took Briles. Regardless of what he knew or didn't know, Briles is damaged goods and a school looking to get some respect on a national level (and eventually join a P5) wouldn't touch him with a 10-ft pole.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

hard to think uh would be looking to briles, but tilman fertitta has been sounding a bit frustrated and desperate this week. black cloud aside, they really need to stay the course and find the next big thing, not go backwards and to get an older, proven winner.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:35 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

so, while Applewhite was at TU he had that thing with the young lady that ended up in court. Can he follow Hermann to Austin? Maybe not.
If not, why doesn't uh hire him?

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

yes, applewhite can go back to texas.
yes, applewhite is up for the hc gig at houston, along w/ the dc orlando.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

naivar and washington will join herman at texas

Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next