Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Herman to LSU 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Herman to LSU
Wonder if this means his core rules are no longer in effect?

Bunch of kids gonna be skipping class tomorrow while their out getting ears pierced, buying some drugs, and slapping ho's, all while shooting guns off.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
strong fired today. 5:1 herman doesn't coach the cougars bowl game.

Don't feel too badly for him .. . Dude's leaving town with 10 milly

(Reported buyout figure)

Last edited by Bobcat87 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat87 wrote:

Don't feel too badly for him .. . Dude's leaving town with 10 milly

:shock:

Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I guess the question is where does Herman end up. You got LSU, Texas, and Baylor all to choose from and if you are looking at $$ how much can Texas afford after blowing all that money in the past 3 years on Mack + buyout, plus now Strong and buyout. LSU may be the only one to be able to offer some enticing money's.

Not to mention maybe even Oregon in the picture, Texas Tech, Aggies don't seem real contest with Sumlin but I doubt anything gets done this season with him. Point being I give Herman a less than 10% chance of remaining a coog at the end of this season.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

0% chance that herman is the uh head coach in 2 weeks.

texas has the money ready, or the move wouldn't be made. fenves/perrin can't fire him without having donors committed to making it happen - both the buyout of the current staff, and the buyout for the incoming staff.

oregon and knight can make it hard on texas by looking herman's way, but that isn't a real likely option (herman to oregon), so not sure how much that really factors in.

baylor and a&m have no chance at all. for baylor to even talk to herman realistically, texas and lsu would both have to whiff. plus, they have a talent issue after the scandal- the cupboard isn't bare for next season, but they'll be incredibly thin and do have a real gap after that. a&m can't cover sumlin's buyout after tapping their donors so much for the stadium upgrade. he's there for at least another year.

on the $10mil buyout for strong: there are rumors of a negotiated resignation at a lower amount, as opposed to a straight firing for the full amount. just internet rumors, so take w/ a grain of salt.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yup. All points that I agree with 100%. Well except for the fact that I don't believe anything is ever absolute and despite it being Texas maybe candidates think that well is posion with how crazy those boosters are and the demands with Longhorn Network. Maybe Houston offers a little more to entice Herman and while it doesn't even come close to what UT/LSU can offer it's enough coupled with what I just said and maybe a, "hell maybe we can do it here" and a little sense of "loyalty" can all be just enough to keep Herman there. Not likely, but the reason for my 10% forecast as opposed to a 1% or 0% chance. Either way watching what unfolds up the road in Austin is going to be interesting to watch.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

El Gato wrote:
Yup. All points that I agree with 100%. Well except for the fact that I don't believe anything is ever absolute and despite it being Texas maybe candidates think that well is posion with how crazy those boosters are and the demands with Longhorn Network. Maybe Houston offers a little more to entice Herman and while it doesn't even come close to what UT/LSU can offer it's enough coupled with what I just said and maybe a, "hell maybe we can do it here" and a little sense of "loyalty" can all be just enough to keep Herman there. Not likely, but the reason for my 10% forecast as opposed to a 1% or 0% chance. Either way watching what unfolds up the road in Austin is going to be interesting to watch.

and for Whorn Fans' sake, they go about it more intelligently than they did when they ran off Mack Brown.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:38 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat87 wrote:
and for Whorn Fans' sake, they go about it more intelligently than they did when they ran off Mack Brown.

My prediction is that his departure will be every bit the hot mess that Mack's was.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

why? strong doesn't have the political clout brown did. remember that the reason it was a shitshow, is that brown made it that way. he hauled ass to florida to "recruit" so he could avoid face-to-face meetings, he agreed to step down then renegged on that, just to buy a little more time, etc. strong won't do any of that - he knows he's gone. he knew it on saturday in kansas.

my prediction is that friday morning, they announce strong is gone, and that's it. within a couple of days or a week, herman is announced. not sure why anyone thinks this will be anything like 3 yrs ago.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
when they ran off Mack Brown.

i love this wording, as if brown was doing a great job but was run off for some reason other than sucking at what he got paid $5m+ to do.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
why? strong doesn't have the political clout brown did. remember that the reason it was a shitshow, is that brown made it that way. he hauled ass to florida to "recruit" so he could avoid face-to-face meetings, he agreed to step down then renegged on that, just to buy a little more time, etc. strong won't do any of that - he knows he's gone. he knew it on saturday in kansas.

my prediction is that friday morning, they announce strong is gone, and that's it. within a couple of days or a week, herman is announced. not sure why anyone thinks this will be anything like 3 yrs ago.

I think it is a shitshow for a different reason than Mack's. I'm basing the likelihood of a shitshow on the fact that the rumor mill is already a hot mess, player use of social media is much higher now than even just a few years ago (and players seem a bit more vocal), this will be the termination of a minority coach (so more will get made of that even though it shouldn't) and that as Red McCombs ages he is less able to STFU.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

from what i can tell, mcraven/fenves/perrin have boxed out the bmd like mccombs and hicks and aren't going to let them be a part of this in any way. granted, mccombs can say something stupid any time he wants, so you could very well be right there.

the others are the same issues every single p5 firing/hiring situation will have to deal with.

given that the players know what's going down, i think the social media has been pretty quiet. you saw some outrage when they found out on sunday night, then it was pretty clear charlie told them to simmer down, because they have been silent since.

the minority thing would be an issue if he had wins, but he doesn't. i work from home about 75% of the time and have espn or sportsradio on in the background and have heard that comment only once. i'd bet there are those dying to use it...then they look at 16-20 and are like *shit!*

fwiw, here's a post from orangebloods, by someone friends w/ a players parent. grains of salt and all that.

Quote:
- Strong told the kids last night that he would not be returning next year. It's done, and the players and coaches know that.

-Players were super pissed and sayid they would not play against TCU without Strong as the coach. If he was fired today and not allowed to finish the season like Fenves promised, they would not show up to the game Friday.

- Players believed Strong was coming back had they just beaten Kansas.

- The PC today was not to try and save his job. It was to communicate why things went wrong, in hopes that it would help him going forward.

- Believe it or not, as much as the kids love Strong, some offensive players are excited about the potential opportunity to play for a guy like Herman. If Herman does get the job, expect current recruiting concerns to change in a hurry.

- Guys like Malik and Omenihu wanted the team to be there today to support Strong. They feel like they are ultimately responsible for him being fired.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobcat87 wrote:
when they ran off Mack Brown.

i love this wording, as if brown was doing a great job but was run off for some reason other than sucking at what he got paid $5m+ to do.

I see your burnt orange glasses leave you with selective vision . . . You conviently leave out certain facts,
Like Whorn making a play for Nick Saben, then in their arrogance running off Mack BEFORE they secured any commitment from Saben (and yeah, as Mack didn't leave on his own, running off is correct). Then Saben told the Whorn to go pound sand . . . which left YOUR favorite U scrambling for a HC . . . Enter Strong, a guy whom never should have been hired for the position to begin with. His results speak for themselves.

Better luck on the next hire.

Oh, and if you think winning 8 or 9 games a year is "sucking," we should be so lucky as to have a Coach that "sucks" like that ... .

Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

dear lord man...the guy's name is saban. he's the best coach in the game and has been for the last 10 years. how can you not spell his name right?

none of that nonsense you posted has anything to do w/ brown being "run off." he was fired for sucking at his job, which he had, since the 2010 rose bowl.

Bobcat87 wrote:
Oh, and if you think winning 8 or 9 games a year is "sucking," we should be so lucky as to have a Coach that "sucks" like that ... .

we absolutely should be that lucky, but we don't live in that world, do we? 8 and 9 wins at a program like texas means you are beating the weak tit schools and losing to the 4 or 5 toughest teams you face. that is a baseline performance for a bigtime coach, not a goal. it means you're finishing out of contention for the conference and going to bowl games that don't matter.

nevermind the horrid recruiting over the last 5 years he was there. from dominating the nfl draft in the mid 00's to nothing in 2014. from picking and choosing top in-state talent for a decade to getting pushed out in 2013. complete whiff at the qb position for years. nothing on the offensive line for years. losing all top dl recruits in the final years. it's not just the w/l that coaches are responsible for.

it's funny when people make comments like that for brown getting fired, or les miles for that matter. that's not what those guys are hired to do. it's not ok to be pretty good at your job when you're at a top 10 program. mack brown checked out when colt mccoy's shoulder got busted up in that rose bowl, and he should have been let go sooner than he was.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

if herman to lsu is true and ut misses on him, that will be a HHUUUGGGGEEE shitshow- especially if charlie pulls off the win tomorrow.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next