Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Herman to LSU 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Herman to LSU
8) :lol: :!:

oops

Last edited by Canaquedista Man on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Hermann to LSU
duh

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Not sure who Hermann is but Herman is about to win another conference and possibly a national championship at UH.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

and then he's going to pack his bags and head to baton rouge. enjoy this year, because he's gone.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Herman to LSU
wow. couldn't believe when i heard

Would love to have lsu's success

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

there's political stuff going on there - not 100% about w/l. they tried to fire him at the end of last season as well.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... s-backlash

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Geez I hate that stuff. Dealing with boosters is probably what hell is like.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 pm
SuperCat

Cougar King wrote:
Not sure who Hermann is but Herman is about to win another conference and possibly a national championship at UH.

Nahhh, they'll coog it again.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:44 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

First post. Enjoyed my trip to San Marcos this past weekend. as a coog fan, the people were nice. Lines were bit long but still ok. A lot of coog fans representing. Overall, worth the trip.

And about Herman. Herman may leave in the future. No coach stays forever. Jimbo Fisher is also a possibility for LSU.

But this year, Herman is a coog and UH is an elite team (like last year) . They've got a great new facility and a lot of backers for the University. The LSU rumors is actually good for Houston because the big 12 would not want LSU to hire Herman because that would help the SEC. So adding Houston to the big 12 makes even more sense. If the coogs make it to the big 12, Herman will be one of the highest paid ever. He's already the highest paid non power coach.

His commitment to Houston is also proven in this video just from a few hrs ago.

http://thespun.com/college-football/vid ... ked-to-lsu

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Houston is never going to be a blue blood program no matter how much they pay or what facilities they have. Texas might be in the mix for Herman as well if Strong doesn't produce an 8 win season.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

bobcathusband wrote:
Houston is never going to be a blue blood program no matter how much they pay or what facilities they have. Texas might be in the mix for Herman as well if Strong doesn't produce an 8 win season.

I haven't learned much, but I have learned not to try to predict the future for other teams, especially Texas teams. I doubt it would be difficult to find posts insisting they would never be where they are now.

I'd rather they get as far as they can, to offer a blueprint for success for our next AD. (Larry would just put the blueprint in a powerpoint, somehow omitting all of the key points.)

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 am
Bobcat Wannabe

bobcathusband wrote:

Sure. Houston may never be a true blue blood program but at the moment, they are a successful, top ranked, and top recruitment school given their situation.

And if you cant respect and model what they're doing, schools like Texas St have no shot or future.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't know if I buy the LSU attention on Herman as good in any way for UH, especially in regards to UH getting to the B12. I mean, if LSU takes Herman, it could mean rebuilding the program. Then the B12'S argument that they've "already got the Houston market" gets more credence again. Is that theory way off the bag?

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 am
Bobcat Wannabe

SanMarcosWay wrote:
I don't know if I buy the LSU attention on Herman as good in any way for UH, especially in regards to UH getting to the B12. I mean, if LSU takes Herman, it could mean rebuilding the program. Then the B12'S argument that they've "already got the Houston market" gets more credence again. Is that theory way off the bag?

Part of the reason all the talk about expansion for the big 12 is because they're losing money and don't have the market that the SEC has.

Big 12 doesn't have the Houston market.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... rket-2015/

That's the argument. It's part of the reason why Tech and Longhorns have already verbally voted Houston for the big 12.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

the schools in the b12 aren't losing money by any stretch of the imagination. they would be losing money by adding teams, which is why they haven't done so. espn has said they aren't upping the money w/ more teams, so what's now split 10 ways would have to get split 12 or 14.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next