Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Bun Suite invite 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Bun Suite invite
I got an invite to the Bun Suite this year. Sent my response for which game I want. My top pick was Southern Miss.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Bun Suite invite
I think everyone picked USM this season.

I think my list was:

USM
PV A&M
USA
ULM

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah USM is going to be hard to get. I want it because its the only one of the home games that lines up with my 9/80 Friday off.

My order was

USM
ULM
PVA&M
ULM

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just got back from Frio River Weekend and noticed I received an invite this year. Who on here attended one from last year? What can I expect?

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

A quiet and more reserved group with only a handful or 2 of people actually interested in the game. It's a very comfortable way to watch a game, great conversations to be had with nice people. An impressive spread of food and open bar. Give me free shiner and football and I'm happy. Me personally, I like to be in the shit. We have 1st row tickets and we are loud and obnoxious. Some people enjoy the comforts of a suite though, which I completely understand because it's freakin awesome but I like the game day experience down in the trenches. With that said, I got an invite again this year and will definitely take them up on the offer. You will be greeted by Dr. Trauth and her husband and have a chance to speak with them briefly and more chances later if you catch her at the right time. Barbara Brier was there when I went and she is incredibly nice and genuine. Can't remember who else from the University was there.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tc1209 wrote:
A quiet and more reserved group with only a handful or 2 of people actually interested in the game. It's a very comfortable way to watch a game, great conversations to be had with nice people. An impressive spread of food and open bar. Give me free shiner and football and I'm happy. Me personally, I like to be in the shit. We have 1st row tickets and we are loud and obnoxious. Some people enjoy the comforts of a suite though, which I completely understand because it's freakin awesome but I like the game day experience down in the trenches. With that said, I got an invite again this year and will definitely take them up on the offer. You will be greeted by Dr. Trauth and her husband and have a chance to speak with them briefly and more chances later if you catch her at the right time. Barbara Brier was there when I went and she is incredibly nice and genuine. Can't remember who else from the University was there.

that's not the experience I had.

Most of the folks were VERY into the game (I went to the stAte game) until late in the game, when we had it 100% wrapped up. Now, while they were into the game they weren't yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs.

But what you can expect... An older crowd (like 30's and up mostly). Dressed a little nicer (most were wearing a sports jacket and polo). Open bar. Lots of food. While I was in there, I saw Larry and Denise, and a few HIGH rollers.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatDis wrote:
Just got back from Frio River Weekend and noticed I received an invite this year. Who on here attended one from last year? What can I expect?

You'll have a great time. We went to the stAte game last year as well and had a blast. The suite was bigger than we expected and there were a lot more people there than we thought. I had worried it was going to be this small group of people that i'd have to pretend to be interested in, but there was easily 20-30 people in there. Hence, if your deal is to remain anonymous and just enjoy the game, you can easily do that. Food was great, seeing some old professors was nice and chatting with Ms. Trauth was great. I really respect her and when you think about her role in our university and the size of a workforce she commands, it humbles you a bit. More than a bit... I was giddy and she was super easy to talk to. Then, the beat down we put on stAte was the icing on the cake. So, you can expect to have a great time and for the bobcats to beat down our opponent. :)

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was there for Georgia southern game. But to be fair in my assessment, we went back down to our normal seats at half. So maybe people were still just getting settled in in the 1st half and got more into it in the 2nd half.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

My letter stated they were trying to engage young alumni, graduate after 2000. So the crowd could be mostly under 40.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

beatomatic wrote:
chatting with Ms. Trauth was great. I really respect her and when you think about her role in our university and the size of a workforce she commands, it humbles you a bit.

hhmmm...

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Dr.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

Got the S. Miss game. Totes pumped brahs.

Seriously though, I'm excited.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You're gonna be partying with me.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We're here to fuck shit up

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next