Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 the mess at baylor 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: the mess at baylor
While I do not condone any of the stupid things that have happened at Baylor, the top teams have problem kids. I call it fact that many of them come from some tough upbringings. I don't bring this up to defend this kid because its disgusting that he thinks that is how to discipline a dog.

P5 schools allow these things to happen and its part of the reason I wanted nothing to do with college athletics as a coach or administrator in athletic departments when I was involved due to the "responsibility" of who coaches sign or what they may allow. I have what I call core values that I will not bend for anyone, especially some entitled kid. Nope. "FTP" - George Lopez quote (I'll let you look that up).

If you want me to be very clear on "allow", the examples are everywhere like Baylor, UNC (yes, where Withers was at), TT years ago, Uni. of Miami even longer time ago, Louisville, etc... Its always been the same... if I have plausible deniability then "I didn't know" or "I was not aware". Then you have idiots like Greeny on Mike and Mike, who is pro players, argue that coaches can't know everything defending coaches that are paid millions (coach better pay someone to know!).

First and foremost, its a business and don't ever forget that when you see players break rules but get to play bowl games (Ohio St. players), a player sits a game against a smaller school then is allowed to play the rest of season, basketball & football scandals where fans of those schools and others argue not to blame the current players... which usually means don't blame my school for this happening so they can continue to go dancing/bowling as it was the old coach or regime, or where lives are affected (death, rape, assault) on all sides.

High school and college kids aren't hold accountable rather are given excuses that allow things like this to continue or receive minimal reprimand.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

i read that and just shake my head, bk34. you've complete missed what has happened at baylor. every school/program has issues, it's how they handle them that differentiates good from bad. baylor, both the coaching staff and university, systematically (<--key word) covered up sexual assault of it's students, actively engaged/intimidated victims, and allowed accused players to play for years. read that last sentence again as many times as necessary to erase any concept of "what happened at baylor happens everywhere" because it absolutely doesn't. what happened at baylor it isn't about holding athletes accountable, it's about holding coaches and administrators accountable.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
i read that and just shake my head, bk34. you've complete missed what has happened at baylor. every school/program has issues, it's how they handle them that differentiates good from bad. baylor, both the coaching staff and university, systematically (<--key word) covered up sexual assault of it's students, actively engaged/intimidated victims, and allowed accused players to play for years. read that last sentence again as many times as necessary to erase any concept of "what happened at baylor happens everywhere" because it absolutely doesn't. what happened at baylor it isn't about holding athletes accountable, it's about holding coaches and administrators accountable.

Saul... you completely miss my point which was about schools creating a nature of allowing things to go unnoticed. In my post, I specifically discuss the dog incident only. Everyone knows Baylor has bigger federal law issues, which is why I did not go into it because that is bigger than just athletics. We're talking federal laws not institutional laws.

I'm discussing the environment that allows players to sleep with prostitutes (Louisville) or create fraudulent academic rule (UNC, TT many many years ago) and other issue that will be discovered in the coming years (can you say Ole Miss).

I know this happens but its common or should I say the norm today. This didn't just start happening... how many Nebraska players has assualts but were allowed to play? Tons of them. The U likely had many and on and on.

Its not suttle things or cover ups like at Baylor... either way its horrible.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
Saul... you completely miss my point which was about schools creating a nature of allowing things to go unnoticed.

i must have, because there's nothing about what's going on at baylor that has anything to do with just going unnoticed.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

wow - temple's matt rhule to baylor. i can't wait to see how much money they had to pay him. what an odd move...

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

He's going from one former Baptist to another former Baptist school.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

he's making some great hires - the kind that withers should have when he was hired. joey mcguire from cedar hill, shawn bell from cedar ridge, and david wetzel from sa reagan. mcquire is a big, big, get.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Do these people know that the shoe is going to drop at Baylor. Baylor is going to be sued by plaintiffs and sanctioned by the NCAA. If you ask me they are worse than SMU in the 80's but recently Penn State did not get the death penalty so probably will not be worse than PSU. Are these people going to stay when Baylor gets sanctioned in probably no more than two years?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

lawsuit doesn't affect football and the ncaa won't do anything.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
he's making some great hires - the kind that withers should have when he was hired. joey mcguire from cedar hill, shawn bell from cedar ridge, and david wetzel from sa reagan. mcquire is a big, big, get.

Hiring from HS can be risky. Georgia Southern hired high school coaches.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Hiring from HS can be risky. Georgia Southern hired high school coaches.

. . and still did better than us . . .

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

They had a lot of returning talent that won in spite of their coaching staff. We lost half our team.

They went from 9-3 (8-0) 2014, 9-4 (6-2) 2015 to 5-7 (4-4)

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Matt Breida of GS went from being one of the most explosive backs in the league in 2015 to being 9th, just barely ahead of Mayberry

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

CatMom wrote:
They had a lot of returning talent that won in spite of their coaching staff. We lost half our team.

They went from 9-3 (8-0) 2014, 9-4 (6-2) 2015 to 5-7 (4-4)

I'm aware . . . .

. . . and based upon years of following this program, am of the belief that if everything had been equal, THEY still would have performed better . . .

We don't Win . . Don't have a Winning Culture . . Don't appear to have an AD or Admin. that gives a s$&t about either.

The only thing we do well . . is incessantly debate, rationalize, (year after year) why our Athletics SUCK soooo Badly.

Signed,

Cynical and Jaded . .

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

They also have a fanbase that will not accept anything less than a winning season and boosters that are at the ready to oust their coach, AD and even the school President when things go south.

The win over Troy saved their coaches job but another season like they had he will be gone.

There aren't enough of us that care enough to do what they accomplish.

I don't accept the crap we get from our athletics but until someone has enough balls (or a group of someones) to clean house, we're stuck.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next