Total votes : 25

Worst Performance of the Night 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Worst Performance of the Night
It was ugly all around but who was the worst

Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Worst Performance of the Night
I went with d line because they got little to no pressure on their QB who had all day to throw. And WTF was that after getting within 7 and letting the RB escape a stop for a loss and take it to the house?

But in reality the defense as a whole should be running laps tomorrow.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Why isn't officiating crew an option?

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXST 2005 wrote:

I didn't want one category to get 100% of the votes

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXST 2005 wrote:

I think this counts as close enough to pay my bar tab

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

how is john thompson not an option? or fran? or people who use apostrophes incorrectly?

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
how is john thompson not an option? or fran? or people who use apostrophes incorrectly?

I almost put people who start sentences with or and don't capitalize proper nouns but decided against it because this isn't a fucking grammar exam.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I thought Thompson was supposed to be some blitz happy coordinator?

I didn't see many blitzes all night. I didn't see ANY pressure either. I think we are definitely thin on defense, but the defense tonight was just... well, they were outmatched both talent wise and scheme wise.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 pm
SuperCat

Coach Fran knew we had to score on damn near every possession and we came into the second half ultra conservative and ran the ball 5/6 plays and two three and outs! He always does this crap.. 2nd when had the ball first and goal from the 4 yard line Late... We didn't throw the ball to the Endzone once! Rand it w Lowe up the middle.. Ran it w jones up the middle .. Threw a stupid screen to best and then on 4th and goal from the 4 we throw a 3 yard out route!! What kind of effin play calling is that!? Not to mention we waisted one of our timeouts on 4th down that was obviously something we had to have on defense if we scored on that play.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:31 am
SuperCat

bobcatfanatic05 wrote:
2nd when had the ball first and goal from the 4 yard line Late... We didn't throw the ball to the Endzone once! Rand it w Lowe up the middle.. Ran it w jones up the middle .. Threw a stupid screen to best and then on 4th and goal from the 4 we throw a 3 yard out route!! What kind of effin play calling is that!? Not to mention we waisted one of our timeouts on 4th down that was obviously something we had to have on defense if we scored on that play.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched it. Thirty seconds ticked off the clock from the end of the third down play until they called the time out. Poor time management throughout the last drive.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:46 am
SuperCat

Ya the first 2 drives in the second half were the difference in the game. We lost it there. The blown call on the fumble didnt help but our o needed to score every drive. I see alot of people put the d line. Ya their performance was bad but I am not sure there is alot of talent there. So I would argue that they are playing up to their talent level. The d line has been handled every game including against PVU so at this point i look at it as a bunch of "Just A Guys" and will be more surprised if they make a play

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Ol reliable conservative Fran. My wife who doesn't know a lot about football, turns to me in the 3rd quarter and says, "why are we playing so conservativel? It's like the coach is scared and playing it safe."

It's that obvious.

And the clock management! Holy shit. All of us in our section are screaming timeout, and 30-40 seconds later he calls that TO.

Yes, Fran should be a choice on this poll, but I'll go with the DLine who gave the QB all the time in the world to pick apart the defense. I swear I saw the QB pull out his phone, take a selfie, and send out a tweet @USMQB Just picking apart another shitty defense #AllTheTimeInTheWorld #ThisIsEasy

Not much better against the run either. Their OLine gave their RB's 3 yards of push it was no wonder they were averaging nearly 6 yds a carry.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The DL was the source of the defensive woes. A bad DL makes the entire defense bad because it gives the opposing offense too much time to pick the entire defensive scheme apart. Your DBs are going to get blown up if the DL can't apply any pressure.

I want to know what the fuck Thompson has been doing for the last nine months, because he sure as shit hasn't been preparing a defense.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
The DL was the source of the defensive woes. A bad DL makes the entire defense bad because it gives the opposing offense too much time to pick the entire defensive scheme apart. Your DBs are going to get blown up if the DL can't apply any pressure.

I want to know what the fuck Thompson has been doing for the last nine months, because he sure as shit hasn't been preparing a defense.

Thompson is a victim of EA NCAA Football going away. He would always work out his defense on his Xbox. He hasn't figured out how to update the rosters on his own, so we are screwed.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 am
SuperCat

El Gato wrote:
My wife who doesn't know a lot about football, turns to me in the 3rd quarter and says, "why are we playing so conservativel? It's like the coach is scared and playing it safe."

It's that obvious.

My girlfriend hasn't ever had any interest in football (we've only been together 6 months, I'm working on it)

These are real quotes from her while watching the game:
1. Why does your quarterback seem to only throw sideways?
2. Your defense is really good at caressing guys as they run by.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:49 pm