What do you Get out of Week 1? POLL 

How will the Bobcats Finish Out the Season?
11-1 UH who, Whoa, maybe an access bowl? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10-2 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
9-3 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
8-4 50%  50%  [ 19 ]
7-5 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
6-6 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
1-11 for phratawhatever who thinks we are doomed 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 38

What do you Get out of Week 1? POLL 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: What do you Get out of Week 1? POLL
you're underestimating uh.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 am
True Bobcat Fan

At the moment, they are both up in the air to me. I think we have the talent to win both of those games but we also have the capacity to lose just as easily.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

Most of those players from the 2012 team are either gone, key seniors or got buried on the depth chart. Also none of the coaches from that game even work for UH anymore.

Giving Coach Herman two weeks to prepare is a pretty big mistake. Texas State won't have what it takes to stop us but first we have to take on Louisville.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:09 am
SuperCat

Did we really see anything in week one to change your opinions on any games? Teams got rolled that we thought would get rolled, teams won against FCS teams and Georgia State and Idaho still are very bad. I am not sure we learned anything in week 1. Some point that well Ga Southern doesnt look good. How would we look playing with a back up qb on the road at a decent power 5 team? They were down 2 tds at half and there d was playing well but turned it over 4 times in the second half and WVU is probably underrated this year. Ya ULL played Kentucky close but Kentucky went up big and than took the foot off the gas, plus they are replacing a ton on D. Not sure we learn anything this past week. I think its takes a good 4 weeks to get a pulse of what the teams are going to be like. So until than I am sticking to 8-4

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

Cougar King wrote:
Most of those players from the 2012 team are either gone, key seniors or got buried on the depth chart. Also none of the coaches from that game even work for UH anymore.

Giving Coach Herman two weeks to prepare is a pretty big mistake. Texas State won't have what it takes to stop us but first we have to take on Louisville.

CK, I think that I've heard that song before. First...you'll be favored at home so that's a damn ballsy prediction you have. Second...you're a douche.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

tpopt wrote:
Cougar King wrote:

CK, I think that I've heard that song before. First...you'll be favored at home so that's a damn ballsy prediction you have. Second...you're a douche.

Not just a douche, but the douchiest douche of all the douches in Doucheland.

But I digress...

It's all out there said by smarter people than me -- the only thing we know about this team is that they don't measure up to FBS royalty. Not surprising.

What I took from the game (as I got on a remarkable drunk with a very cute little lady) is:

I liked our discipline, which can NOT be underestimated. One penalty (!!!) and one turnover, in a VERY loud, VERY raucous environment.

The players seem to have weathered things well.

No one got hurt.

Do I have questions about our D-line? Absolutely, but we will not be competing against Florida State kind of speed again this season and I think the defense will make major jumps in the next two weeks.

Southern Mississippi will be the first real test, for sure. Going 3-1 into Lafayette is possible, going into Lafayette 2-2 is possible. I'm hoping for the best.

:cat:

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

CatMom wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Biggest week1 takeaway is that SBC is 0-9 in FBS play- further proving our irrelevance to the rest of the football world. Why would they give us more tie ins. Yay for being stuck in the belt

3 middling P5 wins (Vandy, Purdue, UCF)

UCF is G5. Don't give the conference with CK's team any more credit than it's due.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:55 pm
SuperCat

Based on the improved discipline others have already talked about (we are better than we looked against FSU), I think we will beat Southern Miss, and give Houston a good game (we scare them but they probably squeak out a win). Our tougher games in the Sunbelt are away games for the most part, so those will be even harder to win. Assuming we beat Southern Miss and lose to Houston I think we will go 7-5, and miss a bowl game, again. I am a pessimistic person, but I don't think 8-4 is out of the question. Strange as this sounds, when I try to be unbiased (not a homer) I predict 7-5, but I expect Fran and the team to win 8 games. If we don't win at least 8 games, and don't make a bowl game, and can't see how the university can get alumni and students to put their butts in the stadium seats or buy season tickets next year.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ATX_Harley_Bobcat wrote:
Texas State won't have what it takes to stop us

See everyone that's the part that's hard to get our head around. If the UHoh athletic department isn't concerned about the game then why are they wasting their buy week the week before they play the cats. That wouldn't make any sense unless they thought that the cats did in fact have what it takes to roll the UH defense.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
ATX_Harley_Bobcat wrote:

See everyone that's the part that's hard to get our head around. If the UHoh athletic department isn't concerned about the game then why are they wasting their buy week the week before they play the cats. That wouldn't make any sense unless they thought that the cats did in fact have what it takes to roll the UH defense.

Not sure how you attributed that quote from CK to me, but I didn't say that. It would be cool if you edited your post to reflect the correct attribution. It would be extremely fucked up if you didn't.

Cougar King wrote:

:cat:

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Thought that was gonna get a response. ha

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
ATX_Harley_Bobcat wrote:

The Traitor and the Troll: a story of betrayal and an annoying dude.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

6-6. Fran's our coach. Enough said.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
tpopt wrote:
If you say so

To give some credit where it's due, taxman is right: UH & USM are VERY winnable games for us. We need to play well, but we can win those no problem.

Now, the question is... do we play well in those games?

All I'm saying is we had one penalty and no turnovers against the #10 team in the country and hung with them for an entire half. Don't think either one of those schools would be able to accomplish that. FSU being so much better hides the fact that this is the best team we've had since the 11-3, 2005 team.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:44 pm
SuperCat

hard to turn the ball over, when all you do is throw screens and 3 yard routes.. i rather turn the ball over every now and then and throw the ball down the freaking field..

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm