Poll ended at Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:40 am
Adrian Bellard 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
David Mims II 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Robert Lowe 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13

Most likely to be the next Bobcat drafted 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Most likely to be the next Bobcat drafted
Some of these seniors have a lot to play for this season, who do you think has a big year and helps their stock the most?

I really think Mims is going to step up nicely into Mager's old spot and really get scout's attention.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Most likely to be the next Bobcat drafted
lowe is a prototype nfl grinder. i'd like to see him as the focus of our offense this year - 20 carries a game. if that happens, i think he's a 13-1500yd guy and a 3rd-4th round pick.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:00 am
SuperCat

I think Lowe's entire stock depends on how he runs the 40. If he can run 4.5 or below he will get draft anything higher and he will go undrafted. Teams will take a shot on a slow back from a power five conference but hard to think they will take a shot on one from the Sun Belt

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:02 am
True Bobcat Fan

I think anything below 4.6 will be fine, only 3 RBs last year had under 4.5.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Mims.

I don't think Lowe gets drafted, purely because Fran likes the rotation too much, and he won't be featured.

Bellard? I'm hopeful he comes in angry, dedicated, and ready to show off. But until I see that from him (and some consistency), I can't think he'll be drafted.

Mims had a really good season last year, is getting preseason hype, and should have another good year, that puts him in the NFL.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

Despite Bellard's shortcomings he has the one thing you can't coach...size. He does have some skill though that I think gets overlooked because his lack of a motor. I think he's a guaranteed 7th rounder.

If Mims plays well, he could set himself up to get invited to the combine. I think he'll get dinged at the combine when they measure him and he's 2 inches shorter than his listed 5'11. Good hands, good instinct, decent athleticism...my guess is 6th or 7th round.

I agree with Rev on Robert Lowe in regards to the rotation...that will hurt him (especially with Nutall back). But if Franks got a chance as an undrafted free agent rookie...Lowe will certainly get a shot.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:13 am
True Bobcat Fan

i'm not seeing it w/ bellard. he's a jag when it comes to fbs o-linemen. there are 50 kids in every recruiting class that big, so not seeing that as a marker for the nfl - especially where he could be considered. just looking at the g/t drafted in the 4th5th rounds last year, 4 were the same size or bigger, 6 were shorter/lighter.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
I agree with Rev on Robert Lowe in regards to the rotation...that will hurt him (especially with Nutall back). But if Franks got a chance as an undrafted free agent rookie...Lowe will certainly get a shot.

That's kinda the bad thing... he's a grinder like Saul noted, so with the rotation, he won't have many miles on his tires. But he won't be able to show what he can do enough to get noticed.

Typical catch 22.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

This is an interesting website that ranks college players at each position for the NFL draft.

Adrian Bellard (ranked 22 out of 131)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=122029&draftyear=2016&genpos=OG

David Mims (ranked 51 out of 259)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=95231&draftyear=2016&genpos=CB

Robert Lowe (ranked 61 out of 194)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124093&draftyear=2016&genpos=RB

Another interesting player that I looked up was Germod Williams (a sad loss this offseason). I thought he was potentially NFL caliber if he continued to improve. He is currently ranked 65 out of 140 for the draft the year after next.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

that's a great find, twinky.

going off of the last 3 drafts, that's right on the cusp of the 7th round/udfa w/ 22, 18, 23 ot drafted in last 3, respectively.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Folks are saying (and I really hope it's true) that Bellard saw Mager & Mayo get drafted, and it really lit a fire under him...

If that's the case, given his size and natural ability, if he focuses and got in the weightroom this offseason, he could climb up a few spots to "guarantee" a draft position.

And I'm really hoping whomever starts opposite Mims turns out to be a stud, to force more plays Mims way, causing his draft stock to climb.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:37 pm
SuperCat

I cant see Bellard playing tackle at the next level. If Martin (ND) and Collins (LSU) couldnt play tackle at the NFL level, I cant see Bellard doing it. He might have a shot at guard

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I am a huge fan of Lowe and think he is one of the best runners we have had here. I believe that Franks got a shot because of his speed alone. Guy is fast. While I hope all three get a chance, my money is on Mims.

If Fran is smart, he will run Lowe. Guy is great.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

agreed ra - i think he's a natural guard.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

RAtxstate1151 wrote:
I cant see Bellard playing tackle at the next level. If Martin (ND) and Collins (LSU) couldnt play tackle at the NFL level, I cant see Bellard doing it. He might have a shot at guard

That website lists Bellard as a guard for the NFL. That's like Draftexpress (for basketball nerds like myself) who list college players at the position they are more likely to play in the NBA rather than what they currently play at their school.

I agree with you...he's not playing tackle in the NFL.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:10 pm