Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Georgia State 
Junior Bobcat

Post Georgia State
Did you know the Bobcats haven't won two games in a row since the 2014 season? I think the Cats get it done this weekend. Thoughts?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Georgia State

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That doesn't surprise me.

2015 - 3-9 season. Not likely to get back to back wins there.
2016 - 2-10 season. Nope, not likely either.
2017 - 2-10 season. See above.
2018 - 2-6 thus far. Kinda seeing the pattern now.

I think we have the ability to win this one. Particularly if Vitt is cleared to play (is he good to go has anyone heard? Last I heard he was hopefully going to practice on Monday, but haven't heard since).

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:29 pm
SuperCat

Let's hope we break the streak and I believe Georgia St comes at a perfect time for us. Hopefully momentum will keep building.
Texas St. 27
Georgia St. 21

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:25 pm
Junior Bobcat

Given that GA State beat Louisiana Monroe 46-14...I think we lose.

Last edited by nUTSAck on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:42 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

That would be awesome if we got the W. But I can totally see Teis and Withers being well...we got 3 wins now...that's what I call improvement... and then Teis just goes on about his day and thinks that everything is ok. But hey, I hope we win.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TxBobcat07 wrote:
we got 3 wins now

we do?!

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:14 pm
SuperCat

Georgia State has given up more rushing yards than they have thrown for. We just barely have thrown for enough to outgain our opponents run total.

We held the Aggs Adkins to his worst QB rating of the year. IMO Adkins missed some open shots that I am not sure Ellington, the Junior QB of Georgia State, will. Ellington has posted solid performances against SBC opponents and has not thrown a pick in four games. He has only thrown 2 for the year.

I think our offensive plan should be to control the ball with a new and improved run game against a porous Panther run defense. This is a game where we need that young oline to step up. Hoping for no penetration, combo blocks to lb's, and more pancakes in the power game. We need 6yds a carry and 250 yds rushing. It would be nice if our RB's can get 75% of that. I fear another must is converting our redzone chances into TD's. So basically, we need an offensive performance like we have not had this year, at least against an FBS opponent.

Defensively, we can't miss tackles on Penny Hart and company. For the most part, I feel like we have tackled on the edge well versus the screen game. I haven't actually charted the missed tackles and chances out wide; so I can't back up this take. I also haven't seen film or numbers on their WR's yards after catch. However, I do know their top 3 wideouts are built more like RB's. This and a limited knowledge of spread teams leads me to believe the WR screen game is a staple of their offense.

It's likely their taller receivers, who are farther down the catch total, are redzone threats. Minimum # of catches but a high td %. Maybe, fades with back shoulder options in the redzone.

The other defensive key is how we handle Ellington. Against New Mexico State I was disappointed that we had to blitz in order to get pressure. Again this is just my perspective from just watching the game live, but I don't remember a time when we got much pressure by just bringing 4. I would like to be able to get pressure without bringing a corner or multiple lb's. Ellington is also their leading rusher which leads me to believe he is mobile. We might go with a game plan to keep him in the pocket and have a lb spy instead of being committed to blitzing. It will be interesting to see how Withers and company gameplan. They have the info on how accurate Ellington is from the pocket, rolling left, rolling right, and pressure scrambles.

Hoping their defense continues to crumble and we end up not being the worst Cats in the Sun Belt.
BOBCATS 35
PANTHERS 23

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
TxBobcat07 wrote:
we got 3 wins now

we do?!

I do believe ol' 07 was referring to the events that would unfold should we win this weekend, not as in the current state of affairs (unless he is counting FBS wins over the tenure of Withers).

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So desperately wanted to fly out to ATL just to fly my “Fire Teis” flag, but could not make it happen... hopefully someone else can pick up my slack if they made the trip.

Last edited by ThunderCat on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
TxBobcat07 wrote:
we got 3 wins now

we do?!

Reading comprehension still not your strong suit, thank God Rev is here to kindergarten everything for you. :roll: :roll:

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ThunderCat wrote:
So desperately wanted to fly out to ATL just to fly my “Fire Teis” flag, but could make it happen... hopefully someone else can pick up my slack if they made the trip.

That brings up an interesting question... Would Ties try to get you kicked out of an opponent's stadium for flying the banner of "you suck donkey balls, Teis"?

Of course a sign using that wording SHOULD get you kicked out as they are trying to promote a family friendly environment, but you get my point.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:16 pm
SuperCat

GA St has nice stadium and the rebuild looks good, you can hardly tell it was the Braves old ballpark but they have more empty seats than ours.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Our defense makes them look so good!

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm
SuperCat

We usually give up big plays in 1st qtr...Wish Vitt was starting...Iimited Off again...lots of QB read options all day

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next