Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 transfer opportunities 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: transfer opportunities
Bobkat34 wrote:
I wished we'd have a shot at some of these players but these guys don't go from P5 to G5 unless they are kicked off team or grad senior.

And the 2 Aggies leaving with 2 others going pro (Speedy Noil- underachieved, Ricky Seals-Jones-underachieved) is telling. Instead of sticking around and likely to have a better chance of playing have decided to leave. Seems very similar to how the QBs left last year. Personally, I'm not surprised. Since their old WR cold left for KU (head coach), I felt that dude knew his time was coming to an end at A&M so he was lucky to find a good landing spot.

Oh... very doubtful they'd consider us. I bet they end of at BU or some other Big 12 school like TT.

We've got to have at least a sliver of appeal to some of these players. I suppose 2-10 doesn't help, or no QB, or G5 status, etc... *long sigh*. Maybe playing time for these kids isn't as appealing as I think it should be.
I'm a strong believer in Withers, but good lord the hill is steep for him.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

the 2 aggie wr that left haven't been able to see the playing field. they aren't going to see the field at tech or baylor either. maybe they aren't p5 guys, but they've got some measurables and if they want to play, stepping down a little bit instead of all the way to juco might be an option.

remember, that 2005 team of ours was littered w/ transfers, several from p5.

rb daniel jolly - colorado
te matt padron - arizona
ol jonathan lehmannn - arizona state
db gary shepard - arizona

qb barrick nealy - houston
wr dameon williams - houston
ol beau tuft - houston
ol buck koalenz - air force
ol jd maracek - new mexico
ol luke horder - new mexico
dl matthew siska - utep
db chad white - wyoming

also...this thread is really just about having a little more football talk on a board that has minimal participation and an aversion to talking about any other schools for some reason. but i really would love to see our program make a concerted effort to pull in as many p5 transfers as possible. to be known as a place where guys can play and succeed if they get caught up in the depth chart at baylor, tech, texas, tamu, etc, would be a GREAT thing for us. wouldn't you rather have texas guys that were overrated as 4* who spent time at big time programs than unrated oos guys from jucos?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
And the 2 Aggies leaving ... is telling.

remember this a couple of months back?
Bobkat34 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
it's more than the big games. losing 2 5* qb, losing half the 2013 class, losing recruiting battles left and right the last 2 cycles, finishing 4th, 6th, 6th in the division the last 3 years (i think 5th at best this year, 5 losses in conference). it's getting worse as time goes on, but because of the schedule, the w/l still looks good. i'll tell you this too - the ol recruiting has been downhill since sumlin showed up, and that's what made 2012 happen.

2013 - 4*, 3*, 3* (4* transferred to baylor)
2014 - 4*, 4*, 3*, 3* (both 4* graduate this year, starters)
2015 - 4*, 4*, 4*, 3* (4* are starter, his backup, not on depth chart)
2016 - 4*, 3*, 3*, 3*, 3* (4* freshman not on depth chart)
2017 - 4*, 3*, 3*, 3*

if mond flips to auburn and blumrick is the only/best qb take this cycle, man...

Don't disagree with any of that.

it looks like mond and blumrick will both stick, but man, the aggie depth chart is THIN going into next year.

mond is a hell of an athlete, but he's not a p5 qb today, much less an sec west qb. playing him as a true freshman will ruin him (think gilbert at texas). but who do they play? starkel? hubenak? they need another transfer something fierce.

btw - they are also down to 32 scholarship upperclassmen for next year (16sr/16jr). :o

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:43 pm
SuperCat

The difference from that 2005 team and where we are now is that P5 transfers now have to sit out if they transfer here. When we were FCS, it was obviously easier to get the kids who weren't seeing the field at bigger programs because we could offer them immediate playing time. That's not the case for us anymore, unfortunately.

Not to take away from your effort here, because I absolutely believe that our staff should be in the ear of every capable P5 transfer.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

^^ fair point on the sit out year.

i counter w/: the river and hot snatch. :sombrero:

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:10 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
^^ fair point on the sit out year.

i counter w/: the river and hot snatch. :sombrero:

The river and hot snatch wins every time. The fact that these kids aren't flocking here is mind-bottling!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcatbro wrote:
mind-bottling!

I don't know whether to kiss or slap that mouth.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

@Jake_Trotter
Texas Tech DT Breiden Fehoko announced over Twitter that he plans to transfer. Fehoko,
a former ESPN 300 signee.

http://247sports.com/Player/Breiden-Feh ... ution=9881

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:03 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
6'6" tamu wr frank iheanacho is leaving college station. 4* out of hs but hasn't played much at all and rs last year. would have to sit 1 to play 1 if he doesn't want to drop divisions.
http://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Ihean ... tion=21145

Headed to SFA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPiuv66hJx9u01ShLjGsr_rsGRMYZgPSY5A8O40/

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

from the smu rivals publisher:

@NikkiChavanelle
I've heard from sources that at least 7 #SMU football players have quit the team since surprise drug testing this weekend.

from reddit:

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

per perroni, tamu rb james white is transferring to lamar. pretty meh.
http://247sports.com/player/james-white-7628

rumors all over that tamu lb richard moore is transferring after spring semester. nothing on where. better numbers in half a season as a true freshman than a whole year as a soph, but definitely not meh.
http://247sports.com/player/richard-moore-21088

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:39 pm
SuperCat

Texas Tech WR Bronson Boyd, who was a highly recruited early enrollee, was dismissed from the team after something like 9 days. He got in an altercation with teammate Will Farrar and end up pulling a knife, ultimately cutting Will's face pretty badly.

I know some might frown on this kind of behavior, but Boyd seems to have that killer instinct that Withers has been looking for.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcatbro wrote:
I know some might frown on this kind of behavior

Just some?

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcatbro wrote:
Texas Tech WR Bronson Boyd, who was a highly recruited early enrollee, was dismissed from the team after something like 9 days. He got in an altercation with teammate Will Farrar and end up pulling a knife, ultimately cutting Will's face pretty badly.

I know some might frown on this kind of behavior, but Boyd seems to have that killer instinct that Withers has been looking for.

Yeah, I'm thinking those are two totally different types of "killer instincts" that we are talking about.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcatbro wrote:

then why isn't he in jail? seems odd/exaggerated.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next