Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 transfer opportunities 
True Bobcat Fan

Post transfer opportunities
i had this thread going over on tos and it's the time of year guys start leaving for whatever reason. i know they aren't coming here, but it's fun to chat about.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: transfer opportunities
3* ol zach ledwik leaves aggie football team
http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Ledwik-n ... m-35979494

http://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Ledwik-31031

maybe he stays at tamu and focuses on school, maybe he changes his mind over the summer.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'll keep my eyes/ears peeled. If I get wind of anyone, I'll post.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

Engineering is a 5 year degree and it would seem he's decided his future is not in football is my guess. He may not have liked being moved to guard and made a quick decision to quit. We know about quitters in our time too like Ike, Summers, and whatever you want to call the Rodney Woodland saga of not eligible, then planning to go pro, then trying to become eligible to stay at TXST. Ah... good times... :sign: :texasstate: :texasstate: :eatemup:

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

4* dt justin manning (tamu) hasn't been at practice at all this spring and it's now being reported he's taking a personal leave of absence and should rejoin the team this summer.
http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Manning-12431

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
4* dt justin manning (tamu) hasn't been at practice at all this spring and it's now being reported he's taking a personal leave of absence and should rejoin the team this summer.
http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Manning-12431

He's going to collect his hush money from his secret daddy.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

3* og alex anderson leaving texas.
http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Anderson-30018

Quote:
Word we received is that the 6-4 320 pound offensive linemen out of New Orleans will be transferring from Texas. It sounds like the redshirt freshman is leaning towards Louisiana Tech early on. No reason was given but we have to assume getting passed up on the depth chart by guys like Connor Williams, Brandon Hodges, and Tristan Nickelson probably factor in.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

5* og darius james transferring from texas

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-s ... m-37132655

Tue May 05, 2015 9:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I like this thread and it's interesting to think about, but do you think our coaches are even paying attention to these transfers?

I think it would be stupid for our coaches to 1, not pay attention to it, and 2, but at least give these kids a call.

I just ask because I've never heard anything about our coaches making contract with anyone transferring out if the big schools like this.

Then again, I guess you would only hear about things like that from websites like bobcat report and they've been mia.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i have not. this thread and the one i had going on br.com are for my benefit and hopefully stir some kind of discussion. i highly doubt they monitor boards. they aren't savvy enough to make it worthwhile.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It's not so much that they should be monitoring the boards, but they should be staying on top of it themselves. I would hate for us to miss out on a 4* or 5* athlete because our coaches aren't paying attention.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

social media is how they would find out, just like the rest of the world. message boards & twitter are the 1st to know.

any junior programmer can set up google alerts and scripts to monitor dozens/hundreds of sites for any texas hs player that goes out of state and every in-state program. any correct combination of name + school + transfer spits out a notification.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

As much as we like to kick the coaching staff around, the one thing I'm confident about is that they keep a close eye on transfers from P5 schools given our tendency to also rely on junior colleges to fill certain gaps. It all comes down to the type of baggage & reasoning for the transfer, and what that player is seeking. In James' case, it appears he expects to get screwed on playing time due to his injury last year. The link on James clearly states he has feelers out to other P5 schools that have shown interest. I'm sure we reached out to at least gauge the situation given proximity and James being from Harker Heights (reasonably local if family proximity is a factor), but don't go expecting the #1 offensive guard from 2013 to pinch his nipples about Texas State when he is likely being hit on by P5 schools.

Alex Anderson, by contrast, could be a legit shot for us. I think the only limiting factor would be another school with a better perception (reputation or conference affiliation) or if he is dead-set on playing close to home (NOLa). Louisiana Tech is supposedly his likely landing place, but that's the type of transfer we've got a good shot at. We play a lot of away games within reasonably short driving distance of NOLa.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Doubt he is even considering a school in TX but I'm posting it anyway

ND QB Everett Golson transferring, effective immediately. Originally from Myrtle Beach, SC

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/feldman-qb-everett-golson-transferring-from-notre-dame/ar-BBjmL89?ocid=ansFOXsports11

Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

247Sports spoke to sources close to Everett Golson that indicated the Notre Dame transfer is most likely to end up at South Carolina or Georgia.
http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Source- ... --37163577

edit to add:

Quote:
Georgia and South Carolina

According to 247Sports, these two schools will be in the mix early as Golson would like to play close to home. Sophomore Connor Mitch is the apparent starter in Columbia and Brice Ramsey looked like the guy in Athens, but neither coaching staff is blessed with the confidence of knowing how their quarterbacks will handle a full season under center. Golson's experience is the selling point to each staff, and the school's proximity to home makes them potential landing spots. ESPN is not so sure the Gamecocks are interested.

LSU and Alabama

Everett Golson-LSU rumors first surfaced in January, and even though he told us, "Don't believe everything you hear," it is hard to imagine that those lines of communication are closed. But if Golson left Notre Dame to avoid a quarterback rotation with Malik Zaire would he jump into the battle with Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris? A battle that has already been ongoing for more than a year now? I doubt it. Alabama won't commit to any one quarterback, and we're not sure how likely Golson's interest would be in playing for the Crimson Tide, but it would be so odd to see him playing for the team that beat the Irish in the BCS title game.

Texas and Florida State

ESPN's Brett McMurphy mentioned both of these schools as teams that might be interested in Golson. Depending how the whole waiver process goes with the SEC, joining Texas or FSU could be easier to negotiate with as much payoff in terms of on-field opportunities. Charlie Strong and Jimbo Fisher would be hesitant to crown Golson the starter from day one in fall camp, but if he can grasp the offense quickly, there is certainly an opportunity to beat out Jerrod Heard and Tyrone Swoopes in Austin or Sean Maguire in Tallahassee. Texas, moving to a simpler up-tempo attack this spring, could benefit the most from Golson's dual threat skills and experience under Brian Kelly.

Off the radar options

While Boston College and Syracuse would love to get Golson for 2015, Virginia Tech --apparently comfortable with Michael Brewer for now -- seems like a good mix of "close to home" and being talented enough to compete for league titles. Plus, the Hokies were one of the schools offering Golson a scholarship in high school. Near South Bend, Indiana and Purdue have not settled their quarterback situations yet. UCLA is probably your West Coast dark horse, though any Pac-12 school would be a surprise given the initial reports.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... in-the-sec

Thu May 07, 2015 4:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next