Mike Jinks vs. Everett Withers 
SuperCat

Post Re: Mike Jinks vs. Everett Withers
nUTSAck wrote:
jj1180 wrote:

I would have gotten into Harvard, if I was smarter. The incompetence on this board is mind boggling.

I think you should be more concerned with the incompetence of our Athletic Director. Oh and thanks for informing us that we’re in the ESPN Bottom 10 like anybody here didn’t already know that. Please enlighten us with more of your wisdom.

You picked Kendal Briles as our next head coach. You're a bigger nut sack than any UTSA alum, don't tell me what I should concern myself with.
Regarding the link...it was posted today, and included a more "in depth" review on Texas State. I thought one of you morons that think this team should be 5-1 or 6-0, would like to see that.

Last edited by jj1180 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jj1180 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom101618/georgia-bulldogs-gains-bottom-10-respect

We should be 6-0!

Hah, fuck Georgia fans.

Quote:
5. Georgia (6-1)

For a month and a half, I've been barked at by Dawgs who said their team wasn't receiving the same attention as Bama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame, or even Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma and UCF. The LSU game was UGA's chance to finally earn respect for their accomplishments. Well ... hey, going from being ranked second in the nation to being in the Coveted Fifth Spot, that is quite the accomplishment.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jj1180 wrote:
I would have gotten into Harvard, if I was smarter. The incompetence on this board is mind boggling.

So are you saying we are not a few bad coaching decisions away from a 5-1 record this year?

I'm not even trying to say would've, could've, should've, just trying to say that we have a bad coach that might be as bad as Fran was in game day decision making. Again, not making excuses for where we are or trying to say we shouldn't be where we are, just pointing out the reality that with a better coach, we might be 5-1 right now instead of 1-5...

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 pm
SuperCat

We are actually a few bad coaching decisions away from 0-6.
Bill Belichick couldn't coach this team to 5-1. It's a combination of a big shitstorm, why this team is 1-5. It starts at the top with you know who...

I'm actually pretty high on EW. Get another recruiting class in here, more depth and 1 year of experience for Vitt. Next year could be fun to watch.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jj1180 wrote:
I'm actually pretty high on EW. Get another recruiting class in here, more depth and 1 year of experience for Vitt. Next year could be fun to watch.

i want to believe this so much, but he's making it really tough.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

jj1180 wrote:

Funny you should say that considering I received offers from every Ivy League school for academic scholarships coming out of high school. :-|| :-||

Next you're going to say how any advanced degrees aren't good like **some** people with inferiority complexes on this board. :o :o :o

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jj1180 wrote:

Bill Belichick couldn't coach this team to 5-1. It's a combination of a big shitstorm, why this team is 1-5. It starts at the top with you know who...

It's nice to hear from you, Kara. Sorry to hear about your son's injury.

Explain how next season's team is going to be fun to watch as a Texas State fan:

1) Your top receiver is a tight end who averages almost twice as many receiving yards as the next closest guy. He is gone after this year.
2) That same tight end averages 19 fewer yards rushing per game than the top running back. Let me repeat: your fucking tight end is only 19 yards per game away from averaging more rushing yards than the top running back (who averages 29 yards a game). Don't forget - that tight end is gone.
3) Your offensive line has gotten worse from year 1 to year 3. So most come back? That would be a positive if they weren't shit and were being coached well. Clearly, that isn't the case. Shit doesn't turn into gold with good coaching. Shit definitely doesn't turn into gold with bad coaching. Your shit will still be shit.
4) Your most talented defensive player who leads the team in tackles for loss, sacks, and is third in total tackles is gone after this season.
5) Your long-snapper, one of the few bright spots on this team, is gone.
6) The very few proven players who return next year (Brewer, London) have a very good chance of leaving. Why would those guys continue to stick around and bust their ass, hold up their end of the deal, and not have the coaching staff hold up their end of the deal when those players could be starting at numerous P5 schools? Not only do they want to experience winning and getting to bowl games, but they are also stunting their professional opportunities by staying at Texas State.
7) Yes, Vitt can be expected to improve from year 1 to year 2 . . . well, most quarterbacks can expect that to happen. However, the current QB coach does not have a record of doing that. In fact, he has the opposite track record. In his one year with Tyler Jones, he regressed. In his one year with Nick Fitzgerald, he regressed. In his one year with WJIII, he regressed. But give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Vitt does improve next year. He loses, by far, his top receiver (Brown). He returns running backs who haven't shown shit during their careers. He gets the same exact line he has had that has been dominated.

For you to expect next year to be fun, you're asking for an entire roster, outside of a few guys on defense and one or two guys on offense, to greatly improve . . . and hope the few stars on the team don't leave for their last season.

I heard the two major lotteries are close to reaching $1 billion now. You have better luck winning both of those than this team being fun to watch next year under the current staff.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Funny you should say that considering I received offers from every Ivy League school for academic scholarships coming out of high school. :-|| :-||

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm
SuperCat

run faster wrote:
jj1180 wrote:

It's nice to hear from you, Kara. Sorry to hear about your son's injury.

Explain how next season's team is going to be fun to watch as a Texas State fan:

1) Your top receiver is a tight end who averages almost twice as many receiving yards as the next closest guy. He is gone after this year.
2) That same tight end averages 19 fewer yards rushing per game than the top running back. Let me repeat: your fucking tight end is only 19 yards per game away from averaging more rushing yards than the top running back (who averages 29 yards a game). Don't forget - that tight end is gone.
3) Your offensive line has gotten worse from year 1 to year 3. So most come back? That would be a positive if they weren't shit and were being coached well. Clearly, that isn't the case. Shit doesn't turn into gold with good coaching. Shit definitely doesn't turn into gold with bad coaching. Your shit will still be shit.
4) Your most talented defensive player who leads the team in tackles for loss, sacks, and is third in total tackles is gone after this season.
5) Your long-snapper, one of the few bright spots on this team, is gone.
6) The very few proven players who return next year (Brewer, London) have a very good chance of leaving. Why would those guys continue to stick around and bust their ass, hold up their end of the deal, and not have the coaching staff hold up their end of the deal when those players could be starting at numerous P5 schools? Not only do they want to experience winning and getting to bowl games, but they are also stunting their professional opportunities by staying at Texas State.
7) Yes, Vitt can be expected to improve from year 1 to year 2 . . . well, most quarterbacks can expect that to happen. However, the current QB coach does not have a record of doing that. In fact, he has the opposite track record. In his one year with Tyler Jones, he regressed. In his one year with Nick Fitzgerald, he regressed. In his one year with WJIII, he regressed. But give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Vitt does improve next year. He loses, by far, his top receiver (Brown). He returns running backs who haven't shown shit during their careers. He gets the same exact line he has had that has been dominated.

For you to expect next year to be fun, you're asking for an entire roster, outside of a few guys on defense and one or two guys on offense, to greatly improve . . . and hope the few stars on the team don't leave for their last season.

I heard the two major lotteries are close to reaching $1 billion now. You have better luck winning both of those than this team being fun to watch next year under the current staff.

Because I'm one of the few that wants to give EW one more year, I get accused of being his wife? Just a casual fan here.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 pm
Junior Bobcat

jj1180 wrote:
nUTSAck wrote:
jj1180 wrote:

I think you should be more concerned with the incompetence of our Athletic Director. Oh and thanks for informing us that we’re in the ESPN Bottom 10 like anybody here didn’t already know that. Please enlighten us with more of your wisdom.

You picked Kendal Briles as our next head coach. You're a bigger nut sack than any UTSA alum, don't tell me what I should concern myself with.
Regarding the link...it was posted today, and included a more "in depth" review on Texas State. I thought one of you morons that think this team should be 5-1 or 6-0, would like to see that.

lol....all that name calling and your best idea is to give a 5-25 coach that is not improving another year? Simply amazing. I assume you will be saying the same thing next year after EW loses to Nicholls.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:39 pm
SuperCat

And your best idea is to give a degenerate prick full reign of the program? I'll give EW one more year.
In case you're too dense to realize, the nut sack name calling was in direct reference to YOUR name calling username...
If I hurt your feelings, deal with it.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jj1180 wrote:
And your best idea is to give a degenerate prick full reign of the program? I'll give EW one more year.
In case you're too dense to realize, the nut sack name calling was in direct reference to YOUR name calling username...

I saw nothing in that article to justify 1-5 BUT...

If it's any consolation this fan would much, much, much, rather see Teis gone next year than Withers. I could be sold on one more year of withers if he can get the support he wants. I have to think at this point that TXST's problem starts above the FB HC position.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 pm
SuperCat

josh_ooh_ahh wrote:
jj1180 wrote:

I saw nothing in that article to justify 1-5 BUT...

If it's any consolation this fan would much, much, much, rather see Teis gone next year than Withers. I could be sold on one more year of withers if he can get the support he wants. I have to think at this point that TXST's problem starts above the FB HC position.

Yes. We are on the same page.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I can certainly stomach one more year of EW if it meant Larry would get fired. We all know Everett is getting one more year no matter what.

Last edited by LSU Bobcat on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

josh_ooh_ahh wrote:

I could be sold on one more year of withers if he can get the support he wants. I have to think at this point that TXST's problem starts above the FB HC position.

What do you base that on? What kind of more/better support does he need?

He has some of the very best facilities in the conference. He has the best recruiting area in the conference. He has the second biggest enrollment. He has a competitive budget as a head coach, for his ten assistants, and definitely for his off-field staff (strength coaches, DFO, player personnel, player development, high school relations guy, video guy, etc.). He has a great overall football budget that provides things many other schools cannot provide. Hell, his budget is so good for recruiting that he wanted to host all of the official visitors in Austin hotels (pure stupidity on his part regardless of the extra expense) which resulted in a heated, long discussion with Teis in front of a ton of players, coaches, boosters, cheerleaders, etc. on a tarmac.

Even a half-assed coach could utilize those things to be an average Sun Belt team. What kind of support do you expect him to get?

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 am