Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Game Pictures - Say it all 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Game Pictures - Say it all
My husband had no clue what was going on about the paddle. I kept yelling "Follow the paddle!!!!" and yanking him around to do so. Anyway, he got a few, including this one:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Game Pictures - Say it all
He didn't get the row boat, unfortunately. Here's the team right after they snagged the paddle back. The Nicholls players didn't like this one bit.

----still not sure who actually got it first
---

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:40 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

this pic is bad ass. i remember seeing him standing on the bench holding the paddle.
i've been trying to find pics from past football games this season. does anyone know of a website or link on the txst website. the pictoria through the athletics dept sucks. there has to be someone at the games constantly taking pictures.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

My husband has taken about 1000 pics from the last 3 home games, though he pared it down and did some editing. He has them on flickr. I'll have to get the link when I get home from work.

BTW - he is a freelance pro. Anyone know how he can get credentials to be at field level next year?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Wait, I have this.

http://www.flickr.com/welcome/32471647/636846/

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

they definetly need someone. i am sure they do but i have come across some pictures through the texas state website not sure of the quality once i print them. i've been looking for pictures of barrick nealy, markee white, terrell harris, cam luke, donovan king (thanks for posting this one) some other of my favorites. although i have come across some through the texas state website not sure how they will look once they print out. i am assuming he takes these from the stand then. must be a nice camera.

he could try to contact bryan miller (assistant AD marketing and promotions). i believe he might over see some of the video and pictures for games.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Site Admin

BobcatFans takes a lot of pictures. Here are a few from the last game.

Attachments:
luke.jpg
luke.jpg [ 105.5 KiB | Viewed 4595 times ]
jamal.jpg
jamal.jpg [ 119.27 KiB | Viewed 4588 times ]
stan.jpg
stan.jpg [ 114.79 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]
travis.jpg
travis.jpg [ 109.83 KiB | Viewed 4569 times ]
fg.jpg
fg.jpg [ 136.54 KiB | Viewed 4571 times ]
Rub.jpg
Rub.jpg [ 143.07 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]
paddle.jpg
paddle.jpg [ 151.37 KiB | Viewed 4564 times ]
group.jpg
group.jpg [ 136.03 KiB | Viewed 4584 times ]

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

the last one. is that all of the seniors.

do you have the pictures uploaded online?
i sure would like to sort through them.
i would be willing to pay.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Those are very well done, BFMag! The lighting set up perfectly on these. Very nice job indeed.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CatMom wrote:
He didn't get the row boat, unfortunately. Here's the team right after they snagged the paddle back. The Nicholls players didn't like this one bit.

----still not sure who actually got it first
---

Funny how the Nicholls players didnt like it....they have been doing the SAME thing (running to the sideline to grab the paddle) year after year when they win the paddle.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am
Site Admin

We shot about 1500 pics this game so they are not online. If you email me with what you are looking for I can send a couple of thumbnails your way and you can purchase some if you'd like. rick@bobcatfans.com

Attachments:
canady.jpg
canady.jpg [ 105.74 KiB | Viewed 4411 times ]
crosby.jpg
crosby.jpg [ 111.37 KiB | Viewed 4413 times ]
rivas.jpg
rivas.jpg [ 107.42 KiB | Viewed 4412 times ]
rivas2.jpg
rivas2.jpg [ 90.12 KiB | Viewed 4401 times ]
stan2.jpg
stan2.jpg [ 99.89 KiB | Viewed 4400 times ]
burton_paddle.jpg
burton_paddle.jpg [ 133.33 KiB | Viewed 4400 times ]
group2.jpg
group2.jpg [ 126.52 KiB | Viewed 4365 times ]

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:21 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Is it not great to see students in their seats and reacting??? They were not huge in numbers saturday but I thought they were great.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

boyfootball wrote:
Is it not great to see students in their seats and reacting??? They were not huge in numbers Saturday but I thought they were great.

Agreed. This is the first time I ever sat on the Dark Side, and I have to say it is boring on that side. No one gets into any of the chants and they clap politely after a big TD catch as if we were on the golf course. I felt awkward when I was the only one in my section cheering or even daring to stand after a huge play. I'm so used to sitting on the student side and everyone around us is cheering and just getting into the game. But I will say, I really enjoyed watching the LC and other students cheering from across the field. That was quite entertaining and they really helped elevate the game atmosphere a whole bunch. If we could get the stadium full to capacity and cheering like that, it would be awesome.

I also just want to comment that I have not been to a game since the home opener, and on top of the rambunctious student section, I really enjoyed the game day atmosphere alot. The integration of the video board was great, especially during those "TV" timeouts (What was with the long timeouts even though the game was not televised?). I love that they have a permanent shop set up to sell TxState attire; I ended up spending quite a bit of money there. I also love how there is a Pizza Hut in the concessions as well (another place I was lured into spending money), and all those posters on the concrete columns really look nice as well. I tried to make it to the bobcatfans tailgate but ended up getting to San Marcos in time for the kickoff, but I did walk by and I got to give it to the alums. Despite their lack of enthusiasm in the stands, the folks on the alumni side of the lot know how to tailgate. Kudos to the Athletic Department on a great game day atmosphere, I absolutely loved it. Now if we can get more people in the stands, and kids wearing maroon shirts running out of the tunnel before the game, then that stadium will be rockin!

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:18 pm
Site Admin

El Gato wrote:
This is the first time I ever sat on the Dark Side, and I have to say it is boring on that side. No one gets into any of the chants and they clap politely after a big TD catch as if we were on the golf course. I felt awkward when I was the only one in my section cheering or even daring to stand after a huge play. I'm so used to sitting on the student side and everyone around us is cheering and just getting into the game.

I get yelled at every game because of standing and cheering. It's a football game, you don't want to stand you don't have to. If I don't want to sit I shouldn't have to either.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

How was the crowd? Pics of that anyone? I hope it was a LOT BETTER than the NwSt I was able to attend a couple weeks ago.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:47 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next