Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Pop the Colonels: 11/15 game thread 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Pop the Colonels: 11/15 game thread
congrats to the team. these boys looked unstoppable tonight.
the D line showed up. offense was outstanding.

McNeese beat NWS.
one game to go!

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

MaximumBobcat wrote:
anybody hear the announcers just say we we are the LEAST penalized team in the conference?

just wanted to say congrats to coach wright and everybody for pulling that off...I remember not too long ago some games under bailiff, didn't we have 100 yds of penalties in a first half once?

bring on sammy st.

:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

I have noticed penalties have dropped down alot since the Bailiff days. However, the Cats were penalized 6 times for 55 yards as opposed to the 2 for 10 that Nicholls had and 5 of the 6 came at the most inopportune time.

We had a couple of pass interference calls to keep their drives alive (one on a 3rd&2 that extended their drive and eventually lead to a FG, the other one on a 3rd&11 that also extended their drive but lead to one of their missed FG's and both were committed by Moriss Crosby), a false start by the offense on 1&G on the 2 which moved the ball back to the 7 (this is the drive where George also burned two timeouts). Then Rivas rushed into the endzone the next play only to have it negated by a holding penalty which moved the ball back even further to the 17. That drive really stalled and it eventually ended in a FG from the 4 yd line. Then on a 4th& inches in the 4th Q the Cats went for it only to be moved 5 yards back on a false start penalty and were then forced to punt instead.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Keep in mind that Bailiff and Teis fought behind the scenes to get rid of the flag happy high school officials that were calling our games. Those guys would call high school games on Friday night and then try to call college games the same way. The man that was head of officiating for the Southland Conference lost his job after the year of the flag happy refs, as did more than 20 officials. (I remember reading an article about it on BobcatFans.) ( I think a video from Bobcat Fans was used as proof of how poor the officiating was when it showed us scoring a touchdown and the official not giving it to us.) Now, if I remember correctly, there are no longer Southland officials. I think we started using the same officials as the Big 12. That's part of the reason the penalties are different.

In checking Rice stats, they are one of the least penalized teams in the nation.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcat88 wrote:
Keep in mind that Bailiff and Teis fought behind the scenes to get rid of the flag happy high school officials that were calling our games. Those guys would call high school games on Friday night and then try to call college games the same way. The man that was head of officiating for the Southland Conference lost his job after the year of the flag happy refs, as did more than 20 officials. (I remember reading an article about it on BobcatFans.) ( I think a video from Bobcat Fans was used as proof of how poor the officiating was when it showed us scoring a touchdown and the official not giving it to us.) Now, if I remember correctly, there are no longer Southland officials. I think we started using the same officials as the Big 12. That's part of the reason the penalties are different.

In checking Rice stats, they are one of the least penalized teams in the nation.

Hmm...that makes sense. Officials are only human and are bound to make some mistakes, but that said I've been very satisfied with the officiating this year. Definitely much different than the crew during the Bailiff years.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El Gato wrote:
bobcat88 wrote:

Hmm...that makes sense. Officials are only human and are bound to make some mistakes, but that said I've been very satisfied with the officiating this year. Definitely much different than the crew during the Bailiff years.

Last year was the 1st year of use of B12 officials doing SLC games. Matter of fact TS has had one of the best B12 crews officiate its games this year. The Supv. Official of the B12 is the same for the SLC. 88 was correct for awhile you had officials work HS games and work SLC games on the weekend.

texas and Mass are the only states who use NCAA rules in HS so......but anyway thats why you have B12 and SLC officials all under the same umbrella.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This was a good win for TS. Who would have thought this season would happenthis year.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4