Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Camping 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Camping
APridg04 wrote:
I agree with blueshirt. Back when I was in college, and a UT fan, I'd start tailgating at 8:00 for the 11:00 games. And there were about 60,000 people doing the same.

The time of the game should be irrelevant. The game should be your big weekend plan.... the thing you make sacrifices for. Like, "I'm going to wake up tomorrow at 7:30 and tailgate my a$$ off, so maybe I should try to get some sleep tonight."

But, like I said, that's how it should be. Unfortunately, not like it is. If we had College Gameday come to San Marcos, half of the students would complain that it airs at 9:00 AM.

I'd like to add, I am no longer a UT fan. If I lived closer to San Marcos, I would never miss a game. The kickoff time is no excuse.

Apples to Oranges. You are comparing top FBS powerhouse fan support, to "1-doublewhat?" program with a history of losing. We need to make it EASY for potential fans to jump on the bandwagon, because unfortunatley, until we put a quality product on the field, students are not going to sacrifice their Fri night debauchery to go to an early game that they don't give two sh*ts about.

Sad but true.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Camping
True that. I think that the cops need to chill out a little on the tailgating, as well. SMU has only won 1 game in the last 2 and a half seasons, but since they've got a nice tailgating atmosphere, people still attend.

Is there any rules against setting up tents in that intramural field accross the street from the parking lot? I think that would be better than the current situation and a lot harder for the bicycle cops to pop out from behind a car on you.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2