Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Don't Mean To get Ahead.... but 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Don't Mean To get Ahead.... but
patssle wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully they will be there this time around since it looks like at this point if we win we are in the playoffs and conference champions.

Don't forget the * next to champions, unless UCA loses to McNeese.

That's just absurd. UCA is NOT a member of the SLC yet because of the transition. You want to give the championship to a team that's not even in the league?

It just really sounds like sour grapes from a guy whose team that hasn't done well this season.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
It just really sounds like sour grapes from a guy whose team that hasn't done well this season.

Nope! I made sure to post those same thoughts before SHSU was eliminated from a championship* and playoffs - because I knew somebody would try that baseless claim.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

The SLC said it themselves. UCA isn't elligible for a conference championship so Texas State will be the outright champion with a win next week and a UCA win over McNeese. If McNeese beats UCA then McNeese and Texas State will be co-champions and Texas State will go to the playoffs because we hold the head to head tie-breaker, so sorry Pat there is no * either way. If we win we are the champs....period end of story.

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

patssle wrote:
Quote:

Nope! I made sure to post those same thoughts before SHSU was eliminated from a championship* and playoffs - because I knew somebody would try that baseless claim.

So you do indeed support the idea of giving a championship to a team that is not even in the league?

Is that what you're saying? Because that just sounds... well, stupid to be honest.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Be sure to send the UCA coach an e-mail to remind him he is "not in the league" and doesn't deserve a championship.

Quote:
"And you know what; we have cliched a share of the Southland Conference Championship! And noone's going to take that away from us!"

Here's his e-mail if you have the balls to do it.

cconque@uca.edu

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:46 pm

patssle wrote:
Be sure to send the UCA coach an e-mail to remind him he is "not in the league" and doesn't deserve a championship.

Quote:
"And you know what; we have cliched a share of the Southland Conference Championship! And noone's going to take that away from us!"

cconque@uca.edu

Don't have to do that...the SLC already did. Didn't you hear about the memo this past week that the SLC sent to UCA reminding them that they are transitional and the NCAA told the SLC that they couldn't give them a title if they weren't elligible for the playoffs. I agree it does suck for UCA but that's what both the NCAA and the SLC have told them so believe me they know.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

patssle wrote:

Quote:

cconque@uca.edu

Never said it didn't suck for them, but that's the rules. As I stated elsewhere, if somehow the SLC as a group were able to play... Cal Poly one year, and Cal Poly ended up beating everyone in the league, should we give them the title? Of course not. That's just common sense.

But I guess that's not so common for you, is it?

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Seems like UCA and the SLC are both just a little pissed at themselves for being dumb enough to not read the rulebooks...I think Hammersmith over on AGS summed it up pretty good....

-----------------------------

Quote:
UCA and the SLC are DUMB. In fact, the first thought that popped into my head as I read the thread title was, "No s--t, Sherlock." Like it's been pointed out, this rule is almost a decade old. What's more, at least four schools and three conferences have dealt with this issue in the last three years. This isn't some obscure rule that no one's heard of before. When UC Davis was invited into the Big West, part of the contract was that they were not eligible to be conference champions to protect the autobids. When Northern Colorado was invited into the Big Sky, same thing. When NDSU & SDSU joined the Summit League, our presidents and ADs signed papers making us ineligible for the conference championships. Didn't anyone at UCA & the SLC talk to the BWC, BSC, & SL or the AD/presidents at UCD, UNC, SDSU & NDSU? It's not like these were uncharted waters as they were for UCD & UNC(the first schools to move up after the moratorium & rule changes). If I were the NCAA, I wouldn't have sent a letter because I never would've considered that a conference would jeopardize its autobid in such a ridiculous manner.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Answer me this question. If UCA is not not a full member of the conference and cannot be crowd champion, then how can losses (or wins) vs them be count as "conference" losses? I think it should be an all or nothing deal? If that was the case then we would be 4-1 in conference with McNeese at 4-2 with their season effectively being over (from a conference perspective since they play UCA next week).
Why is it not this way? If it was, it would help us slightly because then if we lost and NWST lost we would still go to the playoffs reguardless of the result of the McNeese/UCA game.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:43 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

patssle wrote:
Quote:

Yeah sure, it was easy to say when your team had no realistic shot of winning the CC or AQ and you needed multiple dominoes to fall in perfect order for it to happen... :wink:

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

patssle wrote:

Quote:

cconque@uca.edu

Tell him to check out NDSU from 2006 if you wanna feel sorry for someone. How about at 10-1 season with the only loss coming at Minnesota 10-9 and includes a win at Ball St. Argueably the best team in I-AA gets to have an early offseason because of this "transition" BS.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
So you do indeed support the idea of giving a championship to a team that is not even in the league?

they are in the league..thats why wins and losses against count as part of our conf record in all sports

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 am
SuperCat

This has probably already been mentioned, but could UCA go in as an "at large"?

Gil
:texasstate:

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:04 am

Gilgamesh wrote:
This has probably already been mentioned, but could UCA go in as an "at large"?

Gil
:texasstate:

No. Because they are still in "transition" they are not elligible for the playoffs either as a conference champion or as an at large and because they are not elligible for the playoffs they are also not elligible for a football conference championship.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 am
SuperCat

Hey, BC Reloaded and I are heading to Huntsville next week for the game. We would like to sit with the BOBCAT fans, where would be a good place to meet up with you guys???

HUNTSVILLE HERE COME THE CATS!!!

:eatemup:

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:23 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next