Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Road Game Regiment.... 
SuperCat

Post Re: Road Game Regiment....
El GATO LOCO wrote:
Just wondering were is the money coming from to pay for this? I rather them spend the money on the Band and send them to SHSU next week.

If it works, and they start winning, then the increase in ticket sales that will be generated will most likely help cover a big portion of it, and if they continue to lose then they will stop doing it and go back to normal, and which they will only be out a few stays at a hotel.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think this could work for the guys. I mean, this way you can do curfew checks to make sure they aren't down at the Square or 6th Street. If they win and this is one of those factors, then by all means carry it over into next season. I'm getting an increase in my athletic fees already so why not let it go towards this?

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El GATO LOCO wrote:
Jody wrote:
Robert_W wrote:
Just wondering were is the money coming from to pay for this?

Well we know it aint comming from those 3 shirts they throw out at every game lol ...Im just saying when i visit other stadiums they throw out like 30 shirts per side ... So i know it aint comming from there ... just trying to break it down lol

"They said Bo didn't know football ... Well my name ain't Bo"

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

KleinTx05 wrote:
Well we know it aint comming from those 3 shirts they throw out at every game lol ...Im just saying when i visit other stadiums they throw out like 30 shirts per side ... So i know it aint comming from there ... just trying to break it down lol

Didn't they give out like 500 free shirts one game then some rally towels another game. :wink:

If this works and we stomp Nicholls that will help to build a buzz. If we don't get a home playoff game perhaps this along with a playoff birth will carry the buzz over to the next season and attendance will bump up again. Definitely sounds like something we should be doing EVERY game. Could become a nice tradition for the athletes. Makes me think of The program.

Caution Strong Language!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSSmI6P2QA

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
If we don't get a home playoff game perhaps this along with a playoff birth will carry the buzz over to the next season and attendance will bump up again

chances of a home game i kissed goodbye a loss or two ago...IF we even manage to make it in we will play a seeded opponent.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 am
Site Admin

Seems like a good idea to me.

BTW, if we can somehow magically win out and NWST loses another game, giving us the auto-bid (and a backdoor championship, apparently, which I am ready and willing to accept)... I wonder what the chances are that we get matched up against another unseeded team (since we won't get a seed) so that we can buy a home game?

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Casey wrote:
Seems like a good idea to me.

BTW, if we can somehow magically win out and NWST loses another game, giving us the auto-bid (and a backdoor championship, apparently, which I am ready and willing to accept)... I wonder what the chances are that we get matched up against another unseeded team (since we won't get a seed) so that we can buy a home game?

Slim to none. We'll be the "worst" (W-L record) team in the playoffs and will travel to seeded Montana or Weber St.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Always retain the positive. There are still a few 7-3 and 6-4 teams in the top 25. If we win out, and they falter, we may not have the worst W-L record (if we make it)

So, using this, if we are 8-4 and conf champions (AQ) while another team is 8-4 and not, but a selection to fill the field, who gets the better deal?

I think I recall that some guy from Mass. decided the seedings in 2005. Help me out here.

#7 Richmond 7 - 3
#14 Furman 7 - 3
#20 Tennesse Martin 7 - 3
#21 Maine 7 - 3
#22 Massachusetts 6 - 4
AND
#25 Western Illinois 5 - 3

Need to check their Conf standings though. Will post later on this.

Which 8 conferences get the AQ?

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Okay, so that's a bust as too many of these are either in the same conference (and not leading theirs) or just plain not in position to qualify either way. My point is moot. :roll:

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

if we miraculously get in we will be traveling...(we the bobcats cause i sure as hell cant go anywhere)

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2