Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 THE SOUTHLAND SOAP OPERA 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: THE SOUTHLAND SOAP OPERA
4-5 "smaller school" WR prospects get drafted every year.....Luke is definitely #1 or #2.....i dont see a situation that he WOULDNT get drafted....he has all the tools.....and with guys like marques colston busting out, i think the NFL will look at these kids more...

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

Took some time to look around a few free sections of sites that I have had access to in the past. NFL Draft Scout ranks him 98 out of 320 at the WR position.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57094&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

Luke is getting no love elsewhere. Anyone have an idea if he's been invited to some of those postseason all-star games? I have not seen him name mentioned and Dave Coulson has nothing for me in that department.

On the other hand, Mel Kiper has both Brown and Bomar as amongst the top 5 QBs heading into the draft. Bomar has accepted an invite to the Shrine Bowl and is apparently going to the Senior Bowl as well. Brown is going to one of them, can't recall which.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 am
Junior Bobcat

I believe Marquez Branson will be drafted.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:17 am
Junior Bobcat

Quote:
Took some time to look around a few free sections of sites that I have had access to in the past. NFL Draft Scout ranks him 98 out of 320 at the WR position.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=WR

Luke is getting no love elsewhere. Anyone have an idea if he's been invited to some of those postseason all-star games? I have not seen him name mentioned and Dave Coulson has nothing for me in that department.

On the other hand, Mel Kiper has both Brown and Bomar as amongst the top 5 QBs heading into the draft. Bomar has accepted an invite to the Shrine Bowl and is apparently going to the Senior Bowl as well. Brown is going to one of them, can't recall which.

That website also says CL runs a 4.68?....i dont think anyone really believes that....that website only caters to the BIG school players anyways.....(besides maybe at QB because there arent many QBs that are NFL material this year)......

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You can probably cut his numbers in half if he played in the SEC. I'm as big a CL fan as anyone, but you have to take that into account.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SanMarcosWay wrote:
You can probably cut his numbers in half if he played in the SEC. I'm as big a CL fan as anyone, but you have to take that into account.

I see what you're saying, but I think that given he has RIDICULOUS numbers in the SLC, that would translate to darn good numbers in the SEC or Big XII. Thus being a mid to late round pick (which is where I see him going).

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 pm
Site Admin

TheRevSWT wrote:
SanMarcosWay wrote:

I see what you're saying, but I think that given he has RIDICULOUS numbers in the SLC, that would translate to darn good numbers in the SEC or Big XII. Thus being a mid to late round pick (which is where I see him going).

We all thought the same thing about Nealy. Truth is, if ESPN isn't constantly slurping him, he won't get much attention.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Problem with Nealy, given he was a great athlete and all, He was not really a NFL quarterback. He was another BIG reciever playing QB at a school that fit his style of QB play. Thats why he wasnt drafted as a QB and was drafted by Minnesota to play WR. BUT since he had NO SKILLS at running routes, even tho he could catch, he was cut. CL had played QB all his life until he chose to play college ball. Given he had a big arm and great scrambling ability, he would have been in the same boat as Nealy. He chose the best route for him, which was to use college to teach him to perfect his route running before he graduated, something Nealy should have done. You can be all world at QB in college but that dont mean nothing if you get to the league and they project you as a WR. One question ... Look at Armanti Edward, App St QB ... You think he's gonna play QB in the NFL ... My Answer: HELL NO!!! He better learn some route QUICK son!!! Ask the former QB for the Colorado Buffs ...Pittsburger Steeler ...Kordel Stewart that quickly found his self learning to run routes ... Im just saying unless you are an all american you better be thinking hard about your position

Thats just my 2 cents ...

"They said Bo didn't know football ... Well my name ain't Bo"

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:05 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2