Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Tightening up Under Pressure??? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Tightening up Under Pressure???
X2

Remember Bailiff had 2, for all intents and purposes, sub-par seasons on each side of the 05 run. I'd rather build tradition and be steadily putting together winning seasons and staying in the hunt year after year. Of course, that argument is for naught if Wright chokes it off here in the end or backslides next season.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

sm_bobcat wrote:
What benefit of the doubt does Wright need? It isn't like Wright took over a playoff team and drove it into the ground with a 4-7 record. He took over a bad football team that posted a 5-6 record the year before. And right now he is on track to take a 4-7 football team and lead them to a 7-5 (with 8-4 certainly being a very possible record).

You also need to keep in mind that we had to break the QB's fibula from Angelo State to hold on for that victory. Angelo State has been awful this year. Abilene Christian beat Angelo State by roughly 40 pts this year. We would be the 3rd best team, if not the 4th best team in the D2 Lone Star Conference.

This team is 2-3 at home this season, and one of those wins was versus an average at best D2 team, the other a lousy SWAC team. I do not call 0-3 versus decent competition at home improvement. This team is not mentally prepared to win a close game at home (versus a decent team).

Considering our resources, we have no excuse for finishing 3rd or 4th in the SLC.

Also, Wright has done a good job recruiting good offensive skill position players, but we certainly have not reaped the benefits of any defensive recruiting. I keep hearing about these great recruiting classes, yet we are poised for yet another middle of the pack finish in an average FCS conference.

I agree that it is not Wright's fault that we hired him with no experience, but it speaks volumes to the true level of commitment this administration has to building a winner.

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
sm_bobcat wrote:
What benefit of the doubt does Wright need? It isn't like Wright took over a playoff team and drove it into the ground with a 4-7 record. He took over a bad football team that posted a 5-6 record the year before. And right now he is on track to take a 4-7 football team and lead them to a 7-5 (with 8-4 certainly being a very possible record).

You also need to keep in mind that we had to break the QB's fibula from Angelo State to hold on for that victory. Angelo State has been awful this year. Abilene Christian beat Angelo State by roughly 40 pts this year. We would be the 3rd best team, if not the 4th best team in the D2 Lone Star Conference.

This team is 2-3 at home this season, and one of those wins was versus an average at best D2 team, the other a lousy SWAC team. I do not call 0-3 versus decent competition at home improvement. This team is not mentally prepared to win a close game at home (versus a decent team).

Considering our resources, we have no excuse for finishing 3rd or 4th in the SLC.

Also, Wright has done a good job recruiting good offensive skill position players, but we certainly have not reaped the benefits of any defensive recruiting. I keep hearing about these great recruiting classes, yet we are poised for yet another middle of the pack finish in an average FCS conference.

I agree that it is not Wright's fault that we hired him with no experience, but it speaks volumes to the true level of commitment this administration has to building a winner.

This team is far from perfect, but being on track to post a winning record or even an 8-4 record is certainly a HUGE improvement over a 4-7 record last year. I don't care where the wins come, first we have to learn how to get them and improve on it even more next year.

Considering that we finished last year 4-7, finishing 3rd or 4th in the SLC THIS year is a very solid position to be in. Now to do the same thing again NEXT year, and I agree 100%.

Lets not forget Rome was NOT built in a day.

As for the recruiting class, only one recruiting class is truly 100% Wrights, and that is last years. And all of them are red shirting this year. We certainly should star seeing the rewards from that class next year.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

sm_bobcat wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:
sm_bobcat wrote:

This team is far from perfect, but being on track to post a winning record or even an 8-4 record is certainly a HUGE improvement over a 4-7 record last year. I don't care where the wins come, first we have to learn how to get them and improve on it even more next year.

Considering that we finished last year 4-7, finishing 3rd or 4th in the SLC THIS year is a very solid position to be in. Now to do the same thing again NEXT year, and I agree 100%.

As for the recruiting class, only one recruiting class is truly 100% Wrights, and that is last years. And all of them are red shirting this year. We certainly should star seeing the rewards from that class next year.

Fair enough, lets see how the rest of this season goes. If we finish this season strong, I will be in favor of giving CW another year.

-IceMan

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
sm_bobcat wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:

Fair enough, lets see how the rest of this season goes. If we finish this season strong, I will be in favor of giving CW another year.

Make no doubt about it, I fully expect and will not be happy with anything less than a 7-5 season. And I also fully expect and will not be happy with anything less than worst an 8-4 season next year.

We have the talent to be a consistent winning school every year for a while atleast. Anything less than that, and continued improvement for atleast the next couple of years is not acceptable to me. But, I am willing to give Wright a few years to slowly get better, and am not expecting a great team right away this year....

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
That is what is wrong with Bobcat sports. To many "fans" that have zero respect for anyone and want to have a football program like UT's with very few people being willing to dish out the money required to get to that level.

just finally went through all the posts but this one stuck out even though it was a few pages back...the people that think we can be UT are delirious and i dont think you will find more then maybe a poster or 2 that think we can be on UTs level in footbal.....but hell it aint too much to ask for to be good at our current level which we def are not...we dont need more people to be dishing out money to be good at our current level when we cant even be sucessful spending the most money in conf right now

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:34 am
True Bobcat Fan

darussian12 wrote:
Quote:
That is what is wrong with Bobcat sports. To many "fans" that have zero respect for anyone and want to have a football program like UT's with very few people being willing to dish out the money required to get to that level.

just finally went through all the posts but this one stuck out even though it was a few pages back...the people that think we can be UT are delirious and i dont think you will find more then maybe a poster or 2 that think we can be on UTs level in footbal.....but hell it aint too much to ask for to be good at our current level which we def are not...we dont need more people to be dishing out money to be good at our current level when we cant even be sucessful spending the most money in conf right now

Amen!!

8-4 will not cut it for me next year. Considering many of the good teams in the SLC will be in somewhat of a rebuilding mode next year, there is zero excuse for this team not to win the SLC outright in 09.

-IceMan

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3