Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 All Is Not Lost 

Post All Is Not Lost
Ok folks, here is where everything stands. We are still very much in it but we have to pull off some stuff to win conference and we need some help.
Northwestern State still has Mc Neese, Central Arkansas and SFA. Both Central Arkansas and Mc Neese can beat them, but NWS is also capable of winning those two games. We need them to lose both of those games, if they only lose one then they own the tiebreaker with us and would advance, if they win out then they will go to the playoffs and we won't even if we win out.
We must win out. We are very capable of beating Sammy and SELA but we also have Nicholls thrown in there. First they have owned us the past few years, second we play that game at home and so far home is not a good place for us to be playing. If we are to have any chance to make the playoffs we have to turn the home thing around. That means two things. First if it is true what Wright said about raising money before the game that needs to stop and stop now. Second someone needs to show up for that game. I am not one to talk because of soccer scheduling conflicts I have missed the last two home games but I will be there on November 15th and you should be to. That especially means students. Folks you get into the game for free for goodness sake...show up. Alumni, Geez folks, we pay cheap for our tickets, enjoy it now because they won't be that cheap when we move up, so plop down 16 bucks and come to the stadium. You can even afford the gas now.
So while this loss means we need help to get in we can still get in. Even if we go two out of three and don't get in do you realize we will still have a winning record? That in itself is amazing considering where this team was after the loss to Southern Utah.
Sorry to be the sunshine man this morning but these are the facts, this is the truth, and all of the negative people out there need to wake up. We aren't having a terrible season, sorry to disappoint some of you.

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:51 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: All Is Not Lost
Agreed. I work on Saturdays and missed the last 2 home games but I will be there for Nichols regardless of what happens next week on the road. :sombrero:

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Robert_W wrote:
First if it is true what Wright said about raising money before the game that needs to stop and stop now.

If it is true about Wright being unable to get ready for a game because of fund raising, that doesn't need to stop. Wright needs to go.

Seriously, if he's waiting until the last minute to get things ready for the game, then he's ill-prepared. MOST top tier coaches meet & greet potential donors before games, and they still go out to win.

If he is incapable of getting his team up to play a DII team, if he is incapable of getting his team up to play a Southern Utah team at home, if he is unable to get hit team rallied to play a team that beat us some 60 odd points the year before, or if he just doesn't have the time because of fund raising... He needs to go at the end of the season. Get a coach that can handle these types of things.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't know CW. For all I know, he might be a genuinely nice guy in person. A real jewel. But in all honesty, I sure do see a lot of quotes that make him come across as too darn prickly and whiny. If the things attributed to him are true, he definitely does himself no favors. (Disclosure: I didn't hear the interview folks are talking about here.)

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

atxman wrote:
I don't know CW. For all I know, he might be a genuinely nice guy in person. A real jewel. But in all honesty, I sure do see a lot of quotes that make him come across as too darn prickly and whiny. If the things attributed to him are true, he definitely does himself no favors. (Disclosure: I didn't hear the interview folks are talking about here.)

This is true, I didn't hear this particular interview, but I have heard countless interviews with him where he simply is chowing down on his own foot. Enough statements, that this statement doesn't sound out of line with what he would be saying.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

can someone inform me of what BW did before the game?

sorry no clue here.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cjswt05 wrote:
can someone inform me of what BW did before the game?

sorry no clue here.

From what I can gather (and I didn't catch the post-game interview), they are saying that he was upset about having to meet some potential donors before the game, rather than concentrate on the team and gameplanning.

I guess LT scheduled a meet n greet prior to kickoff with some (hopefully) luxury suite purchasers.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Mr Bobcat wrote:
The Demons stuck a fork in the Cats and they are done! Texas State wins 2 of the last three and ends up with a 7-5 record. Whooopeee.

For a team that has a history of losing like we do, 7-5 THIS year is NOT a bad number. The key is that we have to follow up with a winning season again next year and improve on the 7-5 number.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]