Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Say it ain't so Stan... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Say it ain't so Stan...
Anyone else notice Zwinggi in street clothes today? Well...

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

More on this after Wright's media luncheon on Monday.

http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008 ... ng-vs.html

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Just what this team needs. :roll:

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobbinForCats wrote:

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.

I'll say this: the team that was on the field wasn't quitting on themselves or CW. He may be an idiot when a mike is in his face, but those players down there came to play and played well.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
bobcathusband wrote:

I'll say this: the team that was on the field wasn't quitting on themselves or CW. He may be an idiot when a mike is in his face, but those players down there came to play and played well.

I'm not going to assume that what happened with Stan is automatically Wright's fault. Only time will tell what exactly happened with that situation.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Seems reminiscent of the whole thing with Chase Wasson. He quit almost immediately after Wright took over. A number of other players left as well soon after.

Someone was saying on another thread that Wright said on the postgame radio show that if he didn't have to do fundraising on gameday the team would have performed better. Wright needs to go back to public school work if he doesn't want to worry about fundraising. Plans for FBS need to be scrapped if they go forward with CW as the HC. Someone is needed who can raise funds, talk up Bobcat football, and present a face to the media for the program.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sorry but Stan did this to himself. Thats why he was in street cloths. I am glad that Coach Wright benched him for his action :cat: :cat:

:eatemup:
:texasstate: :football:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
BobbinForCats wrote:

Quote:

This has NOTHING to do with quitting on the football team. And if you watched the game, it was quite obvious that this football team did NOT quit on Brad Wright.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 am
Junior Bobcat

oh well, more playing time for KB who is a much better back. Zwinngi should be playing WR or some other position

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 am
Junior Bobcat

Quote:
oh well, more playing time for KB who is a much better back. Zwinngi should be playing WR or some other position

since we arent stacked at WR?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 am
Junior Bobcat

KB should not come off the field, We really only have one great WR in Luke. Rivas and Dillard are coming along but Zwinngi would help out at WR more than RB in my opinion. KB should get 75% of the carries if not more. If you have one of the top running backs in the country you don't platoon him.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 pm
Junior Bobcat

Quote:
KB should not come off the field, We really only have one great WR in Luke. Rivas and Dillard are coming along but Zwinngi would help out at WR more than RB in my opinion. KB should get 75% of the carries if not more. If you have one of the top running backs in the country you don't platoon him.

ya i agree....KB needs the ball in his hands....i feel bad for zwinggi tho, we just have TOO many weapons on offense i guess.....

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
BobbinForCats wrote:

Quote:

Here we go.... a player gets disciplined and the coach is the bad guy.

Has anybody seen ANY evidence of this team quitting? I haven't seen every game this year, and those that I have not been able to see in person or on TV, I have listened to on-line (which was the case for the NWST game), but I have yet to find ONE SHRED of evidence that this team has quit or is beginning to quit.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ScrappyCat wrote:

Here we go.... a player gets disciplined and the coach is the bad guy.

Has anybody seen ANY evidence of this team quitting? I haven't seen every game this year, and those that I have not been able to see in person or on TV, I have listened to on-line (which was the case for the NWST game), but I have yet to find ONE SHRED of evidence that this team has quit or is beginning to quit.

thats because they haven't! They seem to be playing harder and harder each week, IMHO.
if Stan did something then its his own fault and punishment should fit. IMHO, i don't know the situation.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bears9999 wrote:
Quote:

ya i agree....KB needs the ball in his hands....i feel bad for zwinggi tho, we just have TOO many weapons on offense i guess.....

Feel bad for Stan? I feel bad for Alvin Canady becoming the outcast in an overstocked backfield. He was the key back after Smoke left then Zwinggi comes in and takes over and now KB. Who is next?

Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next