Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Say it ain't so Stan... 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:39 pm
Posts: 479
Reply with quote
Post Say it ain't so Stan...
Anyone else notice Zwinggi in street clothes today? Well...

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

More on this after Wright's media luncheon on Monday.


http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008 ... ng-vs.html


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:20 am
Posts: 393
Location: San Marcos, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Just what this team needs. :roll:

_________________
I am a BOBCAT, nothing more, nothing less. Always have been, always will be.
Texas State Alumnus as of May 2009!!!


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1385
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
BobbinForCats wrote:
Anyone else notice Zwinggi in street clothes today? Well...

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

More on this after Wright's media luncheon on Monday.


http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008 ... ng-vs.html



Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm
Profile
Online
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14389
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
bobcathusband wrote:
Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.


I'll say this: the team that was on the field wasn't quitting on themselves or CW. He may be an idiot when a mike is in his face, but those players down there came to play and played well.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:01 pm
Posts: 1445
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
TheRevSWT wrote:
bobcathusband wrote:
Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.


I'll say this: the team that was on the field wasn't quitting on themselves or CW. He may be an idiot when a mike is in his face, but those players down there came to play and played well.


I'm not going to assume that what happened with Stan is automatically Wright's fault. Only time will tell what exactly happened with that situation.


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:28 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1385
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Seems reminiscent of the whole thing with Chase Wasson. He quit almost immediately after Wright took over. A number of other players left as well soon after.

Someone was saying on another thread that Wright said on the postgame radio show that if he didn't have to do fundraising on gameday the team would have performed better. Wright needs to go back to public school work if he doesn't want to worry about fundraising. Plans for FBS need to be scrapped if they go forward with CW as the HC. Someone is needed who can raise funds, talk up Bobcat football, and present a face to the media for the program.


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:54 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:47 am
Posts: 261
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Sorry but Stan did this to himself. Thats why he was in street cloths. I am glad that Coach Wright benched him for his action :cat: :cat:

:eatemup:
:texasstate: :football:


Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 2457
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
bobcathusband wrote:
BobbinForCats wrote:
Anyone else notice Zwinggi in street clothes today? Well...

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

More on this after Wright's media luncheon on Monday.


http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008 ... ng-vs.html



Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.


This has NOTHING to do with quitting on the football team. And if you watched the game, it was quite obvious that this football team did NOT quit on Brad Wright.


Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 91
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
oh well, more playing time for KB who is a much better back. Zwinngi should be playing WR or some other position


Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:21 am
Posts: 78
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Quote:
oh well, more playing time for KB who is a much better back. Zwinngi should be playing WR or some other position


since we arent stacked at WR?


Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 91
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
KB should not come off the field, We really only have one great WR in Luke. Rivas and Dillard are coming along but Zwinngi would help out at WR more than RB in my opinion. KB should get 75% of the carries if not more. If you have one of the top running backs in the country you don't platoon him.


Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:21 am
Posts: 78
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
Quote:
KB should not come off the field, We really only have one great WR in Luke. Rivas and Dillard are coming along but Zwinngi would help out at WR more than RB in my opinion. KB should get 75% of the carries if not more. If you have one of the top running backs in the country you don't platoon him.


ya i agree....KB needs the ball in his hands....i feel bad for zwinggi tho, we just have TOO many weapons on offense i guess.....


Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:16 pm
Posts: 1894
Location: Hurst, TX.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
bobcathusband wrote:
BobbinForCats wrote:
Anyone else notice Zwinggi in street clothes today? Well...

Quote:
For any of those wondering why Texas State running back Stan Zwinggi wasn't playing against Northwestern State, he was suspended. Bobcat head coach Brad Wright said there was a "situation in the locker room and it will be dealt with internally."

More on this after Wright's media luncheon on Monday.


http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008 ... ng-vs.html



Most likely some of the players are quitting on the team and CW. Some of the stuff he says to the media you know it's 100X worse in the locker room.


Here we go.... a player gets disciplined and the coach is the bad guy.

Has anybody seen ANY evidence of this team quitting? I haven't seen every game this year, and those that I have not been able to see in person or on TV, I have listened to on-line (which was the case for the NWST game), but I have yet to find ONE SHRED of evidence that this team has quit or is beginning to quit.


Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:20 am
Posts: 393
Location: San Marcos, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
ScrappyCat wrote:

Here we go.... a player gets disciplined and the coach is the bad guy.

Has anybody seen ANY evidence of this team quitting? I haven't seen every game this year, and those that I have not been able to see in person or on TV, I have listened to on-line (which was the case for the NWST game), but I have yet to find ONE SHRED of evidence that this team has quit or is beginning to quit.


thats because they haven't! They seem to be playing harder and harder each week, IMHO.
if Stan did something then its his own fault and punishment should fit. IMHO, i don't know the situation.

_________________
I am a BOBCAT, nothing more, nothing less. Always have been, always will be.
Texas State Alumnus as of May 2009!!!


Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1294
Location: Cypress, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: Say it ain't so Stan...
bears9999 wrote:
Quote:
KB should not come off the field, We really only have one great WR in Luke. Rivas and Dillard are coming along but Zwinngi would help out at WR more than RB in my opinion. KB should get 75% of the carries if not more. If you have one of the top running backs in the country you don't platoon him.


ya i agree....KB needs the ball in his hands....i feel bad for zwinggi tho, we just have TOO many weapons on offense i guess.....



Feel bad for Stan? I feel bad for Alvin Canady becoming the outcast in an overstocked backfield. He was the key back after Smoke left then Zwinggi comes in and takes over and now KB. Who is next?

_________________
"Ever make a grown man cry? We do it every week!" -Texas State Loud Crowd


Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group