Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Disgraceful 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Disgraceful
SWT85 wrote:
"I threw up before the game," said Wright, adding that shaking last week's 34-20 letdown loss to Southern Utah had been difficult. "I didn't know what the heck to expect. All I know is we've given it all as coaches. And when you work 85-90 hours in a week, and you put your life, your living, in the hands of 18- to 22-year-old men, you don't know what exactly is going to happen."

Wright has already said basically that he's not ready for the job with this and other revealing comments to the media in the last 2 seasons. Seriously I bet the assistants are laughing their asses off about their boss when they talk privately to others in the biz.

It's pretty clear IMHO what's carrying the team right now are the players and the assistant coordinators Bush and Bleil, not the HC.

When you see weakness and making excuses though like this at the top it's usually trouble and you need to cut your losses fast. Things do not usually get better once the excuse making starts. Just saying.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
Wright has the personnel in place to make this team a dominant team, but it's not happening.

You don't even come to the games. How would you know that he has the personnel to make this program dominant?

BTW, you are dead ass wrong on the personnel issue. Our overall level of talent is lower than both McNeese, UCA's & slightly lower to equal than NW. I haven't seen SE, Nicholls or SH with my own eyes yet but I will be able to tell you after I do.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cpwhite wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
Wright has the personnel in place to make this team a dominant team, but it's not happening.

You don't even come to the games. How would you know that he has the personnel to make this program dominant?

BTW, you are dead a$$ wrong on the personnel issue. Our overall level of talent is lower than both McNeese, UCA's & slightly lower to equal than NW. I haven't seen SE, Nicholls or SH with my own eyes yet but I will be able to tell you after I do.

SHSU easily has the talent to win a championship and go deep in the playoffs. We just lack the coaching. :x

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Trav63 wrote:
Turf, you're right..all the stuff that's said, good or bad, comes with the job in that line of work. Let's face it, we're ALL great 2nd guessers...myself included. Wining teams are everyones favorite son, but lose one game and you go from everyone's son to an orphan. I just didn't agree with how you called Bush out...yeah it's part of his job, but I didn't like the way you did it...if you wanna say "BW and the whole damn staff should go", that's different. Sure there have been some plays called that some would say are questionable, but when you look at overall offensive productivity, I have to disagree with your assessment. So if Bush is at fault for every loss, who's responsible for the wins? No, I'm not exactly being objective here, since I know him personally...and yeah Rev you are correct, BW has been here for 5 years, but like I saw someone else say...it's different when you aren't the HC. I seem to remember people being in favor of BW when he kicked off several players with bad attitudes, or the criminals...I know it's been worse...I was there too...

I agree, I am a 2nd guesser as well. I also want someone held responsible, that's why I said "BW should go if he doesn't make changes." We have too much talent, to have the losses we have. It's eveyone's fault why we have the losses. College football is just like any business, your held accountable for your position. I know I am, in my job.

By the way, I believe TB is talented enough to call a better offense. I, like you, care about this program win or lose and whoever is coaching. I just don't make my assesments personal, whether I know someone or not.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:56 pm
Junior Bobcat

Quote:
The defense was alright, other than not making stops when it counted. The offense was dreadful, whatever coach was doing the play calling should be fired. Also, the offensive line was terrible, they got their a$$ whipped all game. Receivers dropping balls all over the place (yeah, I am looking at you Cameron Luke). Poor play calling and players not performing.

great idea lets call out our all american receiver, since this team wouldnt be what it is without him.....next you gonna call out KB?...or maybe Travis Houston?....maybe if they threw the ball his direction more than twice a game!!...he was probably shocked to see a pass thrown his way.....

good thinkin 03...idiot.....im sure you could catch a cold.....

HOW DAMN HARD IS IT TO GET THE BALL IN OUR PLAYMAKERS HANDS????....WTF....3 catches for CL?.....2 for Rivas?....

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm
SuperCat

patssle wrote:

SHSU easily has the talent to win a championship and go deep in the playoffs. We just lack the coaching. :x

Sorry, but SHSU doesn't have the running game to go deep in the playoffs!!!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasState03 wrote:
The defense was alright, other than not making stops when it counted. The offense was dreadful, whatever coach was doing the play calling should be fired. Also, the offensive line was terrible, they got their a$$ whipped all game. Receivers dropping balls all over the place (yeah, I am looking at you Cameron Luke). Poor play calling and players not performing.

yeah! lets bash CL b/c he dropped a pass. that would be the same as bashing K. Bush b/c he fumbled against UCA. it is one thing to bash someone who consistently does wrong but these two young men have excelled on the football field. same goes for the O Line.

seriously, hit preview before submitting.

have you seen cameron luke's stats for the season not to mention what he did in two years and what it has taken most 3 or 4 years to do. 28 TDs. SLC record.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cpwhite wrote:

BTW, you are dead a$$ wrong on the personnel issue. Our overall level of talent is lower than both McNeese, UCA's & slightly lower to equal than NW. I haven't seen SE, Nicholls or SH with my own eyes yet but I will be able to tell you after I do.

Let's see... We have the top YPC RB in Div I football. The TD reception Champ in Cameron Luke. We have a QB that has shown at times to be dominant. We have an O-Line that has pushed around teams that you claim have more talent (McNeese?).

The offensive unit as a whole is strong. To say otherwise is just not accurate. Whether they are putting it together on a weekly basis is another story.

The defense has it's issues, but judging by the way it slowed down Nathan Brown and took it to Northwestern, it looks like the pieces are there to be a strong team.

And forgive me if I don't take your word as a talent evaluator as gospel. I'll stick with what is produced on the field to make that call.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bears9999 wrote:
Quote:

great idea lets call out our all american receiver, since this team wouldnt be what it is without him.....next you gonna call out KB?...or maybe Travis Houston?....maybe if they threw the ball his direction more than twice a game!!...he was probably shocked to see a pass thrown his way.....

HOW DAMN HARD IS IT TO GET THE BALL IN OUR PLAYMAKERS HANDS????....WTF....3 catches for CL?.....2 for Rivas?....

I counted at least 2, if not 3 drops for Cameron Luke. One of the drops was a TD. Sure, the pass was underthrown, but it is a catch an all-american superstud has to make.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:21 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cjswt05 wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

yeah! lets bash CL b/c he dropped a pass. that would be the same as bashing K. Bush b/c he fumbled against UCA. it is one thing to bash someone who consistently does wrong but these two young men have excelled on the football field. same goes for the O Line.

have you seen cameron luke's stats for the season not to mention what he did in two years and what it has taken most 3 or 4 years to do. 28 TDs. SLC record.

Luke dropped a TD. IIRC they ended up scoring anyway, but, Luke, along with other recievers had dropitis on Saturday.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bears9999 wrote:
Quote:

You obviously were not at the game. The reason that Cam Luke didn't have more than three catches had NOTHING to do with us not tring to get the ball to him. He dropped the one TD. And had a few others where the DB knocked the ball away. And about 5 or 6 other times where we tried to throw the ball to him, but the DB was all over him, and not allowing him to get any separation.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 am
Junior Bobcat

Quote:
You obviously were not at the game. The reason that Cam Luke didn't have more than three catches had NOTHING to do with us not tring to get the ball to him. He dropped the one TD. And had a few others where the DB knocked the ball away. And about 5 or 6 other times where we tried to throw the ball to him, but the DB was all over him, and not allowing him to get any separation.

Wasnt there.....listened to the whole thing though.....everyone drops a pass now and then.....thats what the 1st one in the 2 years he has been playing?...oh wait there was that first year he played under bailiff, when we would only bring him in to block (great call coach....)......there is a reason we lost....we couldnt establish a pass to help the run.....im probably WAY off base here, but it seems to me that EVERY team in the nation (FBS, FCS, High School, JV, Pop Warner) knows how to get and keep their top kids involved....oh wait not us.....

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
I think Stan Zwinggi was probably suspended for writing that editorial in the paper to cover for LT for going to the UT/Missouri game after UCA. It doesn't look good to donors for players to be disputing the claims of donors on the editorial page. I'm sure the donor probably called up and chewed some a$$ this week. I wonder if LT got Stan to write that editorial though or if he did it on his own.

Drop your hatred for Brad Wright. There are so many things that are flat out WRONG with this statement, it is not even funny.

First off, Stan did NOT write the letter to the editor, it was Stan's father.

Second, you obviously have ZERO idea why Stan was suspended for the game. But, I can say, that I know for a fact that you are not even close to the reason why.

Drop your hatred for BW, and remember the old saying. It is better to say nothing and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and leave no doubt. And right now you are leaving no doubt.......

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Mr Bobcat wrote:
cjswt05 wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

03 I can't believe I just read that. While I agree with you on certain matters you need to learn to have some tact. In others words, stop being such an outward a-hole. What is wrong with you man? Did your mom not teach you any manners? There is a big difference with being assertive and being a prick. That comment came out as being a prick.

Luke is allowed to drop a ball, he is human. All that guy does is catch passes. He is already proven. It is bound to happen once in a while. I want you to publicly apologize to Mr. Luke now. Come on 03, you can do it. Don't make the members of this board put you in a corner. You are going to have to learn to be a man and admit when you acted in a wrong and immature manner (like a prick).

I still like you, it's okay, your human too, now just apologize.

I am not going to apologize for anything. I mean every word I say.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 am
Junior Bobcat

TheRevSWT wrote:
cpwhite wrote:

Let's see... We have the top YPC RB in Div I football. The TD reception Champ in Cameron Luke. We have a QB that has shown at times to be dominant. We have an O-Line that has pushed around teams that you claim have more talent (McNeese?).

The offensive unit as a whole is strong. To say otherwise is just not accurate. Whether they are putting it together on a weekly basis is another story.

The defense has it's issues, but judging by the way it slowed down Nathan Brown and took it to Northwestern, it looks like the pieces are there to be a strong team.

And forgive me if I don't take your word as a talent evaluator as gospel. I'll stick with what is produced on the field to make that call.

I'm sorry, how your defense "took it to Northwestern"?? I am pretty sure that NSU ran for 250+ yards on you. Byron Lawrence had 173 yards rushing and two TDs. If that is your idea of "taking it to" someone, you have some extremely low expectations...

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:56 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next