Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Disgraceful 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Disgraceful
Turf, you think you are the only one at the damn games? Just cuz my location says Portland doesn't mean I don't attend. You have no business saying what ANYONE will settle for. If you're so wonderful, and so knowledgeable about the game...then why not try out for the team? Maybe you're just the option QB we need...Or go coach somewhere...You are correct in the "cry me a river" department...that won't win games, but scoring 35+ points in a game should. As Rev said, Bush isn't to blame. The program isn't THAT bad, sure we aren't 9-0, as we all would like, but we still are in the hunt...it's been worse than this before. Sure we all want to get our two cents in...but do you think all the B.S. that gets said in here makes it into coaches meetings? I know it doesn't...

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT85 wrote:
Fire Bush? Fire Wright? Fire them all, who cares, but most of you just don't get it. Until Teis is gone it makes NO DIFFERENCE. I'm sure a few brainstorms on here will differ, will tell me just how improved this program is, how we're on our way...save your breath. True we have a winning record, have an outside shot a conference title, but the state of this program is a disaster considering how far we advanced it only a few years back. Every game is an adventure. Who knows who will show up. I'm well past disgusted with it and won't watch it deteriorate further until alot of changes are made.

Thank goodness the Tech-Texas game was "one for the ages". I actually managed to forget about our debacle for a few hours.

This program is so far away from any kind of real national competitiveness in FBS football. Does anyone disagree with me that it would take 5-6 years of solid progress and building to even consistently get to the level of an App St., Montana, or JMU? That we want to go to FBS in less than that time just smacks of idiocy and foolishness.

I wonder if Wright and Teis are even on speaking terms? Wright has publicly called out Teis twice already in the radio postgames this season...first after ASU he said he didn't know why LT schedules D-II games and he didn't want any more games against D-IIs. Then this week he is bitching about having to do fundraising before the game...a normal practice at almost all FBS programs. Seems like direct jabs at LT from CW.

I think Stan Zwinggi was probably suspended for writing that editorial in the paper to cover for LT for going to the UT/Missouri game after UCA. It doesn't look good to donors for players to be disputing the claims of donors on the editorial page. I'm sure the donor probably called up and chewed some ass this week. I wonder if LT got Stan to write that editorial though or if he did it on his own.

Maybe we will get lucky and Trauth and the gang will come to their senses and end all of this and send LT and CW packing.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That letter to the editor was written by Stan Zwinngi Sr., the father of the player, not the player himself.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Pretty easy to figure out why that was a 3:00 p.m. kickoff vs. a 6:00 p.m. kickoff - Tech and UT game was going to dominate ours in the hearts, minds and most importantly wallets of our minimal fan base.

I agree though, the students don't want to be looking directly into the sun for the last quarter, etc. but that still gives no excuse as to why only 6,000 showed up. Who here believes there were 9,100 on the spot at that game?? Another lie by the Athletic Department.

Personally, if I were the AD and had this thing going down the tubes as fast as it has continually done, I'd keep my light on in my office until 10 or 11 at night every night just to show that I was trying like hell to get it right.

But then again, what pressure is there? 5 winning seasons out of the 25 we've been at the I-AA level and who expects it?

Team sucks, program sucks and the rats long ago abandoned this sinking ship.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

RunninWithBigDogs wrote:
But then again, what pressure is there? 5 winning seasons out of the 25 we've been at the I-AA level and who expects it?

Hey, if you're quoting my statistics with that, do so at your own peril. I was estimating.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

All of our home game times were set before the season. That game (as well as the next two) have been set at 3pm since the summer at least.

UT-TT was only moved to a 7pm start last week because of TV.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You know the people on here that are calling for Wright's head are ridiculous. Just last week I see a thread approving of the way he is taking this program. I saw noone disagreeing. Now just a few days later people want him and his staff gone. Where were you people last week after the win? This thread goes 5 pages in 1 day, last week there was nobody on the board except a few. Do you people really only talk when you want to bitch? Honestly other than just being a little flat and some costly errors in the beginning of the game I believe this team looked better than it did against UCA. I didn't say anything bad after the UCA game though, but I thought they looked terrible. How about joining us after a win guys, because honestly the people that only show up after losses and complain are just talking to themselves. I know for one I could care less what complainers have to say. He is the same coach that won last week, he will be here for at least a few more years deal with it!!
:eatemup:

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tw_fatcat wrote:
You know the people on here that are calling for Wright's head are ridiculous. Just last week I see a thread approving of the way he is taking this program. I saw noone disagreeing. Now just a few days later people want him and his staff gone. Where were you people last week after the win? This thread goes 5 pages in 1 day, last week there was nobody on the board except a few. Do you people really only talk when you want to b!tch? Honestly other than just being a little flat and some costly errors in the beginning of the game I believe this team looked better than it did against UCA. I didn't say anything bad after the UCA game though, but I thought they looked terrible. How about joining us after a win guys, because honestly the people that only show up after losses and complain are just talking to themselves. I know for one I could care less what complainers have to say. He is the same coach that won last week, he will be here for at least a few more years deal with it!!

A couple of things:

- You know why they don't have a compliment hotline but have many complaint hotlines? It's because people like to bitch (and yeah, I'm including myself in this group). Why? Because they think they can affect change for the better (whether they are right or not is a WHOLE other issue).

- You had folks on here thanking Wright for a heckuva job after the SUU game too. They've been here all season. At the same time, you have the folks on here that were calling for Wright's head after the McNeese & SFA games (arguably our best two games of the season). They have been here too all season.

- I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion that Wright will be here for the next couple of years (and to be honest, what he's done in conference play has me wondering whether I was premature in calling for his head). If some rumors of him having only a 2 year contract are correct, he could not be renewed and a new coach introduced if one tickles Teis' fancy. But that's getting WAY ahead of the season. It's not over, and it is a near impossibility that Wright would be released mid-season.

Of course, there is one caveat that most have avoided: What is Teis doing? I mean, surely he has heard what Wright has said on the post-game interviews in regards to "DII-itis" or "fund raising obligations" or even sadder the reporter bashing... Why hasn't he stepped in and told Wright to just... shut up, talk football only, and say only positive things? That seems to be odd to me. Maybe he is letting Wright hang himself. Maybe he doesn't care. I don't know. But Teis needs to take control of the whole situation.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Rev I do agree with you people love to bitch, I am just shocked at how fast a thread goes when things are bad. I don't think Wright has handled all issues the right way, but I am not ready to give up on him. People continue to argue that we have the personnel, I just don't agree that all the pieces are in place just yet. We have some great skill position players and a decent line right now on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, not so much. If these recruiting classes of his are as good as we all believe I think next year will be a year to cast some judgement. I am not expecting anything spectacular next year, but if he survives this and next year that following year he had better perform. Two years just isn't enough. I see a lot of coaches fired after three, but I don't think it is right. It does take time and he deserves that time to try and do something with it. If after 4 seasons nothing happens then we should be looking for a coach. If we continue to lynch coaches after only 2 or 3 seasons we will never improve.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tw_fatcat wrote:
Rev I do agree with you people love to b!tch, I am just shocked at how fast a thread goes when things are bad. I don't think Wright has handled all issues the right way, but I am not ready to give up on him. People continue to argue that we have the personnel, I just don't agree that all the pieces are in place just yet. We have some great skill position players and a decent line right now on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, not so much. If these recruiting classes of his are as good as we all believe I think next year will be a year to cast some judgement. I am not expecting anything spectacular next year, but if he survives this and next year that following year he had better perform. Two years just isn't enough. I see a lot of coaches fired after three, but I don't think it is right. It does take time and he deserves that time to try and do something with it. If after 4 seasons nothing happens then we should be looking for a coach. If we continue to lynch coaches after only 2 or 3 seasons we will never improve.

One thing you have to remember: He has been here for 5 years, with three of those years under Wright. So, to say he has only two years to prove himself is not entirely accurate.

Also, I agree that we aren't going to improve if we keep rotating coaches every three years. The key to that is that we have to find a coach that is a keeper, and with Wright, I'm just not sure that we do have one (but he'll get at least this year, and probably the next as well).

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:29 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Running a program and being under someone are two totally different things. I see your point about not knowing if he is the right one, but again we may make that judgement too soon. There are very few people lucky enough to win in the first two or three seasons. Even if we did find the "right" coach I am sure he would have a rocky start. I would expect it.
9-3, 6-5,8-4,7-5,4-7. Anyone want to guess who's record that is his first five seasons at a div1a school? it speaks to inconsistency in the beginning.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Trav63 wrote:
Turf, you think you are the only one at the damn games? Just cuz my location says Portland doesn't mean I don't attend. You have no business saying what ANYONE will settle for. If you're so wonderful, and so knowledgeable about the game...then why not try out for the team? Maybe you're just the option QB we need...Or go coach somewhere...You are correct in the "cry me a river" department...that won't win games, but scoring 35+ points in a game should. As Rev said, Bush isn't to blame. The program isn't THAT bad, sure we aren't 9-0, as we all would like, but we still are in the hunt...it's been worse than this before. Sure we all want to get our two cents in...but do you think all the B.S. that gets said in here makes it into coaches meetings? I know it doesn't...

I'm glad you go to the games, we need all the support we can get. Sure I can say what I want, this is a message board. Go coach? I didn't choose that profession. The criticism comes with the job. Deal with it. That's why they get paid. Could you imagine if we were a D1 school? You don't think people's opinions matter. Bush & CW are in their 5th yrs, you speak as if they just got here!! I also, said "BW should be accountable as well." Where the hell have you been. I might have not voiced my opinion on here when we won, b/c I kept to myself, but after yesterday I felt the need to.

I know it's been worse before, I saw it first hand. Don't think you know someone.

I don't care if gets into the coaches meetings, sometimes it probably should.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:48 pm
Site Admin

Rick wrote:
Trav63 wrote:
Dreadful on offense when we average over 28 points per game...some football experts. There's no reason you can't win when you score that many points...Sounds like something needs to be done on the defensive side of the ball!!!

Defense allowed 21 points in regulation this game. 28 points would have been enough.

Trav63 wrote:
By the way, thanks for mentioning that the 28 points wouldn't have helped out Rick, you're right we average 28 points when we lose (let another reason to fire the OC).

Trav63 I don't think you understood my statement. I am not arguing for TXST to fire a coach. I was pointing out that the defense actually allowed less points than the NWST defense. The offense scoring 28 in this game would have been enough to win given the defense only allowed 21 points in regulation. The problem was that the offense spotted NWST 7 points when NWST returned an interception for a TD to start the game.

I think our D played well this game. They gave up less points overall than the other defense. Won the turnover battle (2 to 1) and were on the field of play for a whole lot of the second half. A bunch of 3 in outs does not give them must rest either. Sure it hurts when it's 2nd and 21 and the other teams is still able to get a first down but the D only allowed 7 points in the first half and 14 in the second half. Time of possession in the second half was 20 mins to 10 mins NWST.

For a defense that has not contributed much this season they and the punting game is what kept us in this game.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Turf, you're right..all the stuff that's said, good or bad, comes with the job in that line of work. Let's face it, we're ALL great 2nd guessers...myself included. Wining teams are everyones favorite son, but lose one game and you go from everyone's son to an orphan. I just didn't agree with how you called Bush out...yeah it's part of his job, but I didn't like the way you did it...if you wanna say "BW and the whole damn staff should go", that's different. Sure there have been some plays called that some would say are questionable, but when you look at overall offensive productivity, I have to disagree with your assessment. So if Bush is at fault for every loss, who's responsible for the wins? No, I'm not exactly being objective here, since I know him personally...and yeah Rev you are correct, BW has been here for 5 years, but like I saw someone else say...it's different when you aren't the HC. I seem to remember people being in favor of BW when he kicked off several players with bad attitudes, or the criminals...I know it's been worse...I was there too...

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Trav63 wrote:
and yeah Rev you are correct, BW has been here for 5 years, but like I saw someone else say...it's different when you aren't the HC. I seem to remember people being in favor of BW when he kicked off several players with bad attitudes, or the criminals...I know it's been worse...I was there too...

You gotta remove the eternal sunshine pumpers (i.e., the guys that were RAVING about Wright at first hire without knowing anything about him) just as much as the negative nancies (the ones that were chastising Wright's hire before knowing anything about him). It's like statistics: you throw out the extremists, and look at a general consensus.

I stand by my statement that this game wasn't a horrible game by playcalling. We just didn't execute enough, and had too many 3 & outs. Who you want to blame for that is up to you.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:45 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next