Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 TXST/Northwestern State Football 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1406
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
ScrappyCat wrote:
What the heck was that?!? Did anybody hear Wright say on KTSW that he's told he has to go raise money (in response to the reporter's question about possibly being harder to play at home vs. on the road)? Wonder what the heck that was about....

:?



No way!


Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:20 am
Posts: 393
Location: San Marcos, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
TheRevSWT wrote:
CatManDo wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
TD Northwestern.

We lose.

Side note: Northwestern SID just got arrested on the field.


sucks we lost....

details on the arrest?


No additional information given, but I too am interested about the arrest.

How often do you get to see an arrest at a football game ON the field?


Did anyone see the NWST person having words with the ref near the endzone just before the end of the game. I saw this and a cop came over at the end of the discussion between the NWST person and the ref. Was that the incident?

_________________
I am a BOBCAT, nothing more, nothing less. Always have been, always will be.
Texas State Alumnus as of May 2009!!!


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14719
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
I think that is the same incident

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:21 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:20 am
Posts: 393
Location: San Marcos, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
NWST still has UCA, MSU, and SFA.
hopefully they will lose two of their next three.

_________________
I am a BOBCAT, nothing more, nothing less. Always have been, always will be.
Texas State Alumnus as of May 2009!!!


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:22 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:36 am
Posts: 1096
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
UCA lost to Nicholls St.


Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Where was the SID getting arrested reported? KTSW?


Yeah, right before NWST scored the game winning TD. Then afterwards they were reporting that somebody from NWST wearing coaching apparel (but maybe not a coach) was getting up in the face of some of the Bobcat defensive players.

If this is true... at around the 5 yard line (sideline) I did see the side judge call a time ref timeout and then called over the San Marcos police officer and the subject in question who was heavy set and in apparent coaching attire was advised to back up away from the field of play...why wasn't there a penalty called????? This again was around the 5 yard line which is obviously past the area where coaches and players can legally be located... if it was an infraction enough to call a ref timeout and involve law enforement...why wasn't there a penalty called on NW ST???

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here on the board...but on the winning TD run in OT the NW ST ball carrier fumbled (while??) crossing the goalline... Bobcats receovered the ball....thennnnn after a longggg pause the ref comes in from the side and finally calls it a TD...there was no review (due to not being on TV or something I'm sure). Since it was at the goal line and many folks were positioned down there... I know somebody somewhere has either video or photographs of the play... Now, I know the game is final and we lost... but until I actually see the evidence that the NW ST back had control of ball while crossing the goal line I will always believe we were jobbed. I just want to know for sure. Again, I know we lost... bet hey we won the N. Colorado game with a bizzare late game fumble...I guess lightning can't strike twice in one season.

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:24 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 485
Location: RGV
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
Today the offense did the defense no favors. We had a lot of 3 and outs, which helped lead to a bad time of possession disparity. The defense played well, but they got worn down from being on the field for so long. I thought we passed too much on first down. They had a good pass defense and we got into a hole a lot of times because of incomplete passes on 1st down. The officials didn't do us any favors either. A kudo for NW: their QB did a great job of hiding the ball. Many times even the crowd couldn't tell if they were running or passing. We didn't embarrass ourselves, but this was a game we could have and should have won.

_________________
Image

Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.


Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:13 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 pm
Posts: 2102
Location: North Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
SS_Classof_88 wrote:
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Where was the SID getting arrested reported? KTSW?


Yeah, right before NWST scored the game winning TD. Then afterwards they were reporting that somebody from NWST wearing coaching apparel (but maybe not a coach) was getting up in the face of some of the Bobcat defensive players.

If this is true... at around the 5 yard line (sideline) I did see the side judge call a time ref timeout and then called over the San Marcos police officer and the subject in question who was heavy set and in apparent coaching attire was advised to back up away from the field of play...why wasn't there a penalty called????? This again was around the 5 yard line which is obviously past the area where coaches and players can legally be located... if it was an infraction enough to call a ref timeout and involve law enforement...why wasn't there a penalty called on NW ST???


What I'd like to know is if this guy was in said position throughout the game? From the way the guy reacted, it seemed like he had this "what? i've been here all day long" type of look. After the game on the way to the lot I saw a big old group of different personnel on the 50.

_________________
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
"...Fran is smarter than most NFL coaches and GM's..."


Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:07 am
Posts: 3270
Location: San Marcos, TX.
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
SS_Classof_88 wrote:
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Where was the SID getting arrested reported? KTSW?


Yeah, right before NWST scored the game winning TD. Then afterwards they were reporting that somebody from NWST wearing coaching apparel (but maybe not a coach) was getting up in the face of some of the Bobcat defensive players.

If this is true... at around the 5 yard line (sideline) I did see the side judge call a time ref timeout and then called over the San Marcos police officer and the subject in question who was heavy set and in apparent coaching attire was advised to back up away from the field of play...why wasn't there a penalty called????? This again was around the 5 yard line which is obviously past the area where coaches and players can legally be located... if it was an infraction enough to call a ref timeout and involve law enforement...why wasn't there a penalty called on NW ST???



My thoughts exactly this was the worst officiating crew I've ever witnessed.

_________________
Semper Fidelis
"A bobcat will fight you with everything he has: with four claws, teeth, speed and brains."
-Oscar Strahan


Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:53 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:11 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
The guy in question was not a coach, he is the NSU SID. He was wearing a photo credential, which gives him access to the area he was standing. He was behind the dotted line and was not speaking. The official ran over and told him he had to get back, despite the fact that he was standing in an area that he was legally allowed to stand due to his photo credential. He asked the official about it, which is when the official calls over the security.

After the game, it should be noted, the same security officer came over to our SID and apologized for the official's action, saying that he knew that our SID was okay where we was supposed to be but had to do what the official said...


Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:44 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:07 am
Posts: 3270
Location: San Marcos, TX.
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
DemonGuy wrote:
The guy in question was not a coach, he is the NSU SID. He was wearing a photo credential, which gives him access to the area he was standing. He was behind the dotted line and was not speaking. The official ran over and told him he had to get back, despite the fact that he was standing in an area that he was legally allowed to stand due to his photo credential. He asked the official about it, which is when the official calls over the security.

After the game, it should be noted, the same security officer came over to our SID and apologized for the official's action, saying that he knew that our SID was okay where we was supposed to be but had to do what the official said...



Still shitty officiating.

_________________
Semper Fidelis
"A bobcat will fight you with everything he has: with four claws, teeth, speed and brains."
-Oscar Strahan


Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:07 am
Posts: 3270
Location: San Marcos, TX.
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
classof78 wrote:
Today the offense did the defense no favors. We had a lot of 3 and outs, which helped lead to a bad time of possession disparity. The defense played well, but they got worn down from being on the field for so long. I thought we passed too much on first down. They had a good pass defense and we got into a hole a lot of times because of incomplete passes on 1st down. The officials didn't do us any favors either. A kudo for NW: their QB did a great job of hiding the ball. Many times even the crowd couldn't tell if they were running or passing. We didn't embarrass ourselves, but this was a game we could have and should have won.



And with that I can Agree 100%

_________________
Semper Fidelis
"A bobcat will fight you with everything he has: with four claws, teeth, speed and brains."
-Oscar Strahan


Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:50 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
SS_Classof_88 wrote:
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here on the board...but on the winning TD run in OT the NW ST ball carrier fumbled (while??) crossing the goalline... Bobcats receovered the ball....thennnnn after a longggg pause the ref comes in from the side and finally calls it a TD...there was no review (due to not being on TV or something I'm sure). Since it was at the goal line and many folks were positioned down there... I know somebody somewhere has either video or photographs of the play... Now, I know the game is final and we lost... but until I actually see the evidence that the NW ST back had control of ball while crossing the goal line I will always believe we were jobbed. I just want to know for sure. Again, I know we lost... bet hey we won the N. Colorado game with a bizzare late game fumble...I guess lightning can't strike twice in one season.


OT NSU TD... Video or photo(s)??

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:54 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:55 am
Posts: 4125
Reply with quote
Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
Any chance the TXST broadcasters apologize for putting incorrect information over the air regarding the NWST SID?

_________________
-The Terror-
Supporting the Bearkats since 1983
Image


Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group