Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 TXST/Northwestern State Football 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: TXST/Northwestern State Football
ScrappyCat wrote:
What the heck was that?!? Did anybody hear Wright say on KTSW that he's told he has to go raise money (in response to the reporter's question about possibly being harder to play at home vs. on the road)? Wonder what the heck that was about....

:?

No way!

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
CatManDo wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
TD Northwestern.

We lose.

Side note: Northwestern SID just got arrested on the field.

sucks we lost....

details on the arrest?

No additional information given, but I too am interested about the arrest.

How often do you get to see an arrest at a football game ON the field?

Did anyone see the NWST person having words with the ref near the endzone just before the end of the game. I saw this and a cop came over at the end of the discussion between the NWST person and the ref. Was that the incident?

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think that is the same incident

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

NWST still has UCA, MSU, and SFA.
hopefully they will lose two of their next three.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

UCA lost to Nicholls St.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Where was the SID getting arrested reported? KTSW?

Yeah, right before NWST scored the game winning TD. Then afterwards they were reporting that somebody from NWST wearing coaching apparel (but maybe not a coach) was getting up in the face of some of the Bobcat defensive players.

If this is true... at around the 5 yard line (sideline) I did see the side judge call a time ref timeout and then called over the San Marcos police officer and the subject in question who was heavy set and in apparent coaching attire was advised to back up away from the field of play...why wasn't there a penalty called????? This again was around the 5 yard line which is obviously past the area where coaches and players can legally be located... if it was an infraction enough to call a ref timeout and involve law enforement...why wasn't there a penalty called on NW ST???

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here on the board...but on the winning TD run in OT the NW ST ball carrier fumbled (while??) crossing the goalline... Bobcats receovered the ball....thennnnn after a longggg pause the ref comes in from the side and finally calls it a TD...there was no review (due to not being on TV or something I'm sure). Since it was at the goal line and many folks were positioned down there... I know somebody somewhere has either video or photographs of the play... Now, I know the game is final and we lost... but until I actually see the evidence that the NW ST back had control of ball while crossing the goal line I will always believe we were jobbed. I just want to know for sure. Again, I know we lost... bet hey we won the N. Colorado game with a bizzare late game fumble...I guess lightning can't strike twice in one season.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Today the offense did the defense no favors. We had a lot of 3 and outs, which helped lead to a bad time of possession disparity. The defense played well, but they got worn down from being on the field for so long. I thought we passed too much on first down. They had a good pass defense and we got into a hole a lot of times because of incomplete passes on 1st down. The officials didn't do us any favors either. A kudo for NW: their QB did a great job of hiding the ball. Many times even the crowd couldn't tell if they were running or passing. We didn't embarrass ourselves, but this was a game we could have and should have won.

Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SS_Classof_88 wrote:
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:

Yeah, right before NWST scored the game winning TD. Then afterwards they were reporting that somebody from NWST wearing coaching apparel (but maybe not a coach) was getting up in the face of some of the Bobcat defensive players.

If this is true... at around the 5 yard line (sideline) I did see the side judge call a time ref timeout and then called over the San Marcos police officer and the subject in question who was heavy set and in apparent coaching attire was advised to back up away from the field of play...why wasn't there a penalty called????? This again was around the 5 yard line which is obviously past the area where coaches and players can legally be located... if it was an infraction enough to call a ref timeout and involve law enforement...why wasn't there a penalty called on NW ST???

What I'd like to know is if this guy was in said position throughout the game? From the way the guy reacted, it seemed like he had this "what? i've been here all day long" type of look. After the game on the way to the lot I saw a big old group of different personnel on the 50.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SS_Classof_88 wrote:
Agent27 wrote:
TexasTerror wrote:

My thoughts exactly this was the worst officiating crew I've ever witnessed.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:53 am
Junior Bobcat

The guy in question was not a coach, he is the NSU SID. He was wearing a photo credential, which gives him access to the area he was standing. He was behind the dotted line and was not speaking. The official ran over and told him he had to get back, despite the fact that he was standing in an area that he was legally allowed to stand due to his photo credential. He asked the official about it, which is when the official calls over the security.

After the game, it should be noted, the same security officer came over to our SID and apologized for the official's action, saying that he knew that our SID was okay where we was supposed to be but had to do what the official said...

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

DemonGuy wrote:
The guy in question was not a coach, he is the NSU SID. He was wearing a photo credential, which gives him access to the area he was standing. He was behind the dotted line and was not speaking. The official ran over and told him he had to get back, despite the fact that he was standing in an area that he was legally allowed to stand due to his photo credential. He asked the official about it, which is when the official calls over the security.

After the game, it should be noted, the same security officer came over to our SID and apologized for the official's action, saying that he knew that our SID was okay where we was supposed to be but had to do what the official said...

Still shitty officiating.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

classof78 wrote:
Today the offense did the defense no favors. We had a lot of 3 and outs, which helped lead to a bad time of possession disparity. The defense played well, but they got worn down from being on the field for so long. I thought we passed too much on first down. They had a good pass defense and we got into a hole a lot of times because of incomplete passes on 1st down. The officials didn't do us any favors either. A kudo for NW: their QB did a great job of hiding the ball. Many times even the crowd couldn't tell if they were running or passing. We didn't embarrass ourselves, but this was a game we could have and should have won.

And with that I can Agree 100%

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:50 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SS_Classof_88 wrote:
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else here on the board...but on the winning TD run in OT the NW ST ball carrier fumbled (while??) crossing the goalline... Bobcats receovered the ball....thennnnn after a longggg pause the ref comes in from the side and finally calls it a TD...there was no review (due to not being on TV or something I'm sure). Since it was at the goal line and many folks were positioned down there... I know somebody somewhere has either video or photographs of the play... Now, I know the game is final and we lost... but until I actually see the evidence that the NW ST back had control of ball while crossing the goal line I will always believe we were jobbed. I just want to know for sure. Again, I know we lost... bet hey we won the N. Colorado game with a bizzare late game fumble...I guess lightning can't strike twice in one season.

OT NSU TD... Video or photo(s)??

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

Any chance the TXST broadcasters apologize for putting incorrect information over the air regarding the NWST SID?

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next