Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Preview: Texas State vs. Northwestern State 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Preview: Texas State vs. Northwestern State
The No. 1 offense in the nation meets No. 1 defense in the Southland Conference today, and the winner will keep pace in the race for postseason play... http://www.statesman.com/sports/content ... state.html

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Preview: Texas State vs. Northwestern State
I give you, my humble Bobcatfans, our coach with this gem of brilliance:

"Stats are for losers," said Texas State coach Brad Wright. "It doesn't matter what you've done. It matters what you're doing."

Speaking of losers...

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:35 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasState03 wrote:

"Stats are for losers," said Texas State coach Brad Wright. "It doesn't matter what you've done. It matters what you're doing."

Speaking of losers...

03, you must be the "brilliant" one or maybe just "special".

Will Muschamp used almost the same words back on October 8th when he said "Stats are for losers. I like winning games." and people anointed him the second coming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=3632117

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cpwhite wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

Speaking of losers...

03, you must be the "brilliant" one or maybe just "special".

Will Muschamp used almost the same words back on October 8th when he said "Stats are for losers. I like winning games." and people anointed him the second coming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=3632117

Well, he is pretty ignorant as well. Stats are an incredibly important tool for coaches to use when deciding how to run a team, or prepare for a team (Cf. Joe Maddon, Rays, World Series...). Are 30 major league baseball GM's losers for using stats when deciding which free agents to sign? Are 30 major league baseball scouting departments losers for using stats to determine which college/HS players to draft? If stats are for losers, I guess that people who are predicting the Cowboys to lose because Romo isn't starting are losers?

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:27 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasState03 wrote:

Speaking of losers...

I don't have a problem with the quote. I think that what he's trying to say is that you have to focus on the current game and not worry about what happened during the previous games.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Spursfan20 wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

Speaking of losers...

I don't have a problem with the quote. I think that what he's trying to say is that you have to focus on the current game and not worry about what happened during the previous games.

So, screw the stats which say X team is a passing team, lets put 7 in the box and hope that we can stop the run?

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasState03 wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

Speaking of losers...

So, screw the stats which say X team is a passing team, lets put 7 in the box and hope that we can stop the run?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." ~Mark Twain, autobiography, 1904

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasState03 wrote:
Spursfan20 wrote:
TexasState03 wrote:

Speaking of losers...

I think it's fairly obvious that Wright wasn't saying that. I can assure you that the team watches game tape for tendencies to see if a team is a passing team or a running team...

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Spursfan20 wrote:
I think it's fairly obvious that Wright wasn't saying that. I can assure you that the team watches game tape for tendencies to see if a team is a passing team or a running team...

I think it's become fairly obvious that Wright needs to be banned from talking to the media period, because he clearly can't do it without looking like an a$$hole/fool/idiot each week.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]