Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Commish Cup...I know it's REALLY early... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Commish Cup...I know it's REALLY early...
BUT our fall teams have been kickin A-S-S!!! I don't want to jinx it but I couldn't help but take a peak (and the fact that I have no Friday night life since my nephew is sick and I'm stuck at home with him!) SFA's a lil close...we need our other sports to come up big.

School Cross Country** Football Soccer Volleyball TOTAL

Texas State 9/5 11 12 12 49
SFA 10/9 9 10 10 48
Lamar 11/12 - 4 11 38
UCA 7/3 12 5 8 35
McNeese 1/8 8 11 6 34
SHSU 6/6 5 6 7 30
UTSA 5/7 - 9 9 30
NwSt. 2/2 10 7 5 26
A&M-CC 12/11 - - 1 24
SELA 3/4 7 6 3 23
UTA 8/10 - - 2 20
Nicholls 4/1 6 3 4 18

** - I just took the results from last year's cross country conference championships. (womens/mens)

Of course, these are all projected finishes, but looks pretty good early on.

I know...I have no life. I now know how Terror feels...great. :roll: :lol:

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Commish Cup...I know it's REALLY early...
Cross Country is going to shake up some this year...

A&M-CC does not have Shadrack who transferred to A&M for his last year of eligibility. That's an NCAA champion that they lost...

If you want to handle CC duties this year (as it seems most every site in the SLC copied what I produced), that'd be great. I'm much busier this year with my CSN writing commitments and a few other things...

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

haha, we'll see. i'm kinda busy (i'm a freakin marchin band director!) but my duties are slowing down, so i may have more time. but fair warning--i mess up alot.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:20 am
True Bobcat Fan

txstate_trombone1 wrote:
haha, we'll see. i'm kinda busy (i'm a freakin marchin band director!) but my duties are slowing down, so i may have more time. but fair warning--i mess up alot.

Commish Cup is VERY easy to mess up on, especially when calculating everything... :lol:

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXST is second behind SFA...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87892

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Junior Bobcat

The Commissioner's Cup is the most ridiculous award. Until they find a way to make it fair to schools that don't field every sport, it will remain a fake honor, like a high school national championship.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

DemonGuy wrote:
The Commissioner's Cup is the most ridiculous award. Until they find a way to make it fair to schools that don't field every sport, it will remain a fake honor, like a high school national championship.

It evens out, because TXST and SHSU do not play men's tennis, but UTSA and UTA do. Most schools play an equal amount of sports with all the additions (particularly in WSoc and now with SFA adding WGolf). I think everyone plays all sports except one with the new additions outside of UTA (football, soccer) and A&M-CC (football, soccer).

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:31 pm
Site Admin

DemonGuy wrote:

I agree. It's lame, and any AD who hangs his "success" on winning Commissioner's Cups is not doing his job of pushing CHAMPIONSHIPS in every sport.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Casey wrote:
I agree. It's lame, and any AD who hangs his "success" on winning Commissioner's Cups is not doing his job of pushing CHAMPIONSHIPS in every sport.

Not sure if that was a cheap shot at our AD...but considering we finished fifth and sixth for years, winning the thing was a big deal, especially since we're constantly outspent by two other schools in the state of Texas (see SFA, TXST) that allow them to kick everyone's tails in the Title IX sports...

Of course, our AD hangs his success on SHSU's student-athlete academic success in the same sentence as the athletics. From watching interviews with the ADs and Presidents, you don't get that out of any of them except ours in Huntsville. Wonder why?

Loves touting his athletes, whom has been tops in the conference in both GPA and Commissioner Honor Roll selections for a few years... :D

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TexasTerror wrote:
Casey wrote:

Not sure if that was a cheap shot at our AD...but considering we finished fifth and sixth for years, winning the thing was a big deal, especially since we're constantly outspent by two other schools in the state of Texas (see SFA, TXST) that allow them to kick everyone's tails in the Title IX sports...

Of course, our AD hangs his success on SHSU's student-athlete academic success in the same sentence as the athletics. From watching interviews with the ADs and Presidents, you don't get that out of any of them except ours in Huntsville. Wonder why?

Loves touting his athletes, whom has been tops in the conference in both GPA and Commissioner Honor Roll selections for a few years... :D

No, I think he was taking a cheap shot at OUR AD :D

I personally like the Cup and think it is a source of pride and i think that there is no reason TxSt shouldnt be in the top 2 every year. I dont care that some schools dont have the money to field all the sports. :cry: :cry: Get some more money.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm
Site Admin

west_texas_Cat wrote:
No, I think he was taking a cheap shot at OUR AD :D

It's a mystery. 8) Who in the world was I taking a cheap shot at? :D

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]