Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 UCA Postgame thoughts 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: UCA Postgame thoughts
SWT85 wrote:
[

85, you say that you want changes made. I am asking a serious question, is there anything that Teis and CW can do that would change your mind that the program is headed in the right direction?

I ask, because I was right in the middle of everything while DeBeese was the head coach and I can say that from my vantage point, EVERYTHING has changed from then till now and it is all in a positive way. Is Larry Teis perfect, no he isn't but then again noone is. But, I do know that atleast he is getting things done (upgrading the football stadium, updating the baseball stadium, making the push for FBS) all of this would have never even been considered touching while DeBeese was the HC.

The team on the field is also improving. We are currently 4-3 with our two hardest conference games out of the way, and we are 1-1 in those games while playing a good game in a losing effort against UCA (the best team in the conference).

And how can you say that we have squandered away our 2005 success in recruiting? Just last year we brought in Tim Hawkins, Mishak Rivas, Darius Bolden, and Daniel Bernard (a 3 star recruit according to Rivals.com) and also had a commitment from Dominick Maddox.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

Mr Bobcat wrote:
mc1135 wrote:
....Oh, go stab yourself in the skull with a rusty railroad spike! Do us all a favor STAY in Austin. We don't want/need 'fans' like you.

Settle down there Sally. Careful what you wish for. Talking to a few people who went to the homecoming game, they said the turnout was bad by homecoming standards. I see less and less fans coming to the games if txst can't put together a solid year or two. 7-5 means nothing, Debesse had one of those. TXST needs consistant playoffs and confernce titles to grow support.

Fans like SWT85 have been around a long time and seen a whole lot of bad football, you need to ease up and show a little respect. Not too many stick around as long as he has. When you've been around that long you can talk.

Wait till we get back to pre 2003 numbers, 2500+ in the stands. Ooh wee, I can't wait.

No fan of burnt orange will get respect from me... especially one who graduated from my school. Capiche? I'd rather have 5 fans total in the stands that don't give a f*ck about UT, than 51,000 that are wishy-washy-sometimes-sorta Bobcat fans.
That being said, SWT85 can take his money and by a TEXAS TECH t-shirt with it.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:39 pm
Junior Bobcat

mc1135 wrote:
No fan of burnt orange will get respect from me... especially one who graduated from my school. Capiche? I'd rather have 5 fans total in the stands that don't give a f*ck about UT, than 51,000 that are wishy-washy-sometimes-sorta Bobcat fans.
That being said, SWT85 can take his money and by a TEXAS TECH t-shirt with it.

That's just ignorant. You can be a fan of more than one team as long as they don't play eachother. As long as the school you graduated from comes first. I'd take 51,000 in the stands no matter how big of Bobcat fans they are, beats 9,000 or whatever we had this weekend. If you say otherwise you either have a big case of penis envy or are just plain ignorant.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5