Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Will the Bobcats win on Saturday? 

Bobcats WIN or LOSE at N. Colorado?
WIN 77%  77%  [ 43 ]
LOSE 23%  23%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 56

Will the Bobcats win on Saturday? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Will the Bobcats win on Saturday?
We CAN win, but I'm betting it will be a highish-scoring affair. I'll say something like 35-28.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm just not optimistic about this game. Road game, new QB, questionable playcalling...

Sorry, I'm just not seeing a Bobcat win.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
I'm just not optimistic about this game. Road game, new QB, questionable playcalling...

I diagree.....they've had two weeks to come up with a game plan and prepare, even with a new QB. This SHOULD be a win by most standards.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
I diagree.....they've had two weeks to come up with a game plan and prepare, even with a new QB. This SHOULD be a win by most standards.

There is only one standard to quantify a win, and that's the scoreboard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure even if we do lose (which I am really hoping we don't), there will be those that will make excuses:

1. We are saving our playbook for conference play
2. We are young
3. We still haven't seen Wright coach his best because he doesn't have all his players in place.
4. (my personal favorite) The ref's were against us.
5. Probably someone will try to blame a loss this year on Ike too.

But in the end, none of that matters. It's also a horrible double standard: You win ugly, and it sucks, because the team didn't play to expectations. you lose but play awesome, you still lost. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

But that's life. If life were fair, I-AA (FCS) football would get as much coverage as I-A (FBS).

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I am tired of excuses.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcats 45
UNC-13

Our offense holds onto the ball and gives the defense plenty of rest and we wear them down with our three headed monster of a RB committee.
:eatemup: :cat: :-|| :eatemup: :cat: :-||

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

What do you mean new QB, the only difference is the guy who has played all but a couple of series in each of the past two games in the first quarter and a half will actually be the starter. I do not consider that a new QB. Heck, I would say Bradley George actually being THE QB would be more of a new QB than Toon starting.

Toon is as much the new QB for us, as Marion Barber was a new RB for Dallas in last years playoff game against New York.

As for questionable playcalling, I have a hard time questioning the playcalling against SMU very much, when we never punted the entire game. Our problem has not been with the plays we run, or even other teams stopping us, each of the last two games, it has been execution.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

sm_bobcat wrote:
What do you mean new QB, the only difference is the guy who has played all but a couple of series in each of the past two games in the first quarter and a half will actually be the starter. I do not consider that a new QB. Heck, I would say Bradley George actually being THE QB would be more of a new QB than Toon starting.

Oh well, since you don't consider that a new QB, then it can't possibly be true. Who took all the first team snaps in Spring Ball? How about over the summer? How about in two-a-days. Toon wasn't that guy, which means in my opinion, it's a new QB. And as this is my prediction, I'll stand by that assessment.

sm_bobcat wrote:
Toon is as much the new QB for us, as Marion Barber was a new RB for Dallas in last years playoff game against New York.

That's hardly true, as Barber was playing MASSIVE amounts of PT over the past three years, and started several games in place of an injured Juluis Jones. In any event, the relation is absurd, as RB's aren't QB's.

sm_bobcat wrote:
As for questionable playcalling, I have a hard time questioning the playcalling against SMU very much, when we never punted the entire game. Our problem has not been with the plays we run, or even other teams stopping us, each of the last two games, it has been execution.

You can absolutely have a hard time questioning it. That's not my concern. However, running an option that has yet to work with an immobile (or if you'd rather, a QB who isn't fleet footed) QB seems questionable to me. That's just one example though.

I stand by my statement and even throw in the traditional difficulties we've had on the road to boot.

it's ok, though sm_bobcat. You can comment on this and try to tell me where I'm wrong again.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Cats win, easily:

Tx. State 178
No. Co. -6

That's right. We'll win so easily that points will be taken away from N. Colo.

:eatemup:

Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
You can absolutely have a hard time questioning it. That's not my concern. However, running an option that has yet to work with an immobile (or if you'd rather, a QB who isn't fleet footed) QB seems questionable to me. That's just one example though.

It might not have worked this season, but it's important to note that it has worked for us with with BG before, in the Cal Poly game last year. That was our best win last year and Coach Wright's best win of his short career. We ran the option a lot during that game.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SDLAWMAN wrote:
JUDGING BY WHAT I HEAR ON THIS BOARD (BY THE WAY I AM HARD OF HEARING), THE OFFENSE WOULD BE FINE IF YOU COULD FIND A QB? PUT MO CROSBY IN FOR A FEW PLAYS AT QB, HE THREW LUKE A LONG TD LAST YEAR IF I REMEMBER. HOPE THESE YOUNG MEN COME OUT TO PLAY AND KICK SOME NO. COLO. TAIL. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE ALL HIT BY IKE ARE OK.

TXST42
NO COLO 28 :sign:

Dude.. your turning into such a bobcat fan... :D You know...... we have a great criminal justice program at texas state...........

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Feel better about our chances with Toon playing well within our system, but I don't remember the last time we played well on the road (1983?), Toon is still relatively unproven, we've not played well so far, have been outcoached, secondary seems non-existent...I can't see a win on the road unless UNC just turns out to be one awful team...which could prove out.

Northern Colorado 35
Texas State 13

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TxState 35
NC 13

Unless their kicker gets stabbed in the leg before then, in which case it will be

TxState 35
NC 7

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
YES

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

APridg04 wrote:
TxState 35
NC 13

Unless their kicker gets stabbed in the leg before then, in which case it will be

TxState 35
NC 7

Nice. I'd forgotten about our second latest national exposure...the northern colorado kicker drama. Front page national news providing them a win. Latest of course would be our Central Arkansas humiliation, which managed to find it's way every hour for days on ESPN. UNC is a bad team, the more I read about them, a bad program, but we're still poorly coached and poorly prepared on the road.

So assuming Toon continues to play within our system, does not try to play hero, we allow our running game to be effective, our secondary and special teams finally get's a clue, we don't play from behind early...I'll hesitantly change my prediction.

Texas State Bobcats 23
Northern Colorado Bears 20

It would be SO nice to be able to believe in this organization again. I was SO fortunate to attend this fine University when mediocrity and losing WASN'T a way of life, wasn't even a thought. Here's to you Jim Wacker.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:19 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next