Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Season so Far: 

Is this season progressing how you thought it would? How do we look so far?
Poll ended at Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:37 pm
1) Yes. I believe that Coach Wright & staff have us on the right track. We're only a couple of turnovers away from 2-0! 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
2) Yes. I think we'll be fine but Coach Wright & staff need to be given a bit more time to implement their new Defense & establish a QB. 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
3) Undecided. I'm not at all sure what the direction of the program is at this point. 33%  33%  [ 21 ]
4) No. I have hope for the remainder of the season but I do not see us being a contender this year. 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
5) No. We are a few missed FG's away from being 0-2. What a disaster! Let's put Chaisson in & start building for the future. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
6) See comments below. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 63

The Season so Far: 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: The Season so Far:
Malleus wrote:
We're 5-6 years away from replacing a football coach.

I was at Wright's first game. That's all it took for me.

When we beat a highly ranked Cal-Poly game? Yep, good insight.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:50 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
Maynard wrote:
If the Cats lose this game, Wright needs to be fired the following Monday, Bleil named interim head coach, Teis given a VERY short leash and a NATIONAL SEARCH performed to find someone who is up to the job of taking us to I-A and being SUCCESSFUL while doing it!

It is time to stop with the notion that hiring people that played football for Wacker will be the next Coach Wacker. Barrick Nealy took us to the brink of a national championship, and one of Wacker's protege's took it away by calling a knee instead of using our high powered offense, lead by possibly the best quarterback in FCS in 2005, and WIN. And then we reverted to the tried and true 4-7, 5-6, poorly coached teams of the past.

It is time to look outside "Wacker's tree of mediocrity." I would suggest starting with this guy, a proven winner.

Don Carthel
Head Coach, West Texas A&M

http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carthel_don00.html

Agreed!!

Abilene Christian also seems to have a pretty darn good coach!! I bet he works for about 50k a year and gets half price food at all the local eateries in Abilene.

We can afford him!!!

Its a little to early for this talk but Carthel is my pick.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If we lose on Saturday....we need to send this guy a fruit basket

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Isn't West Texas A&M the school that Ryan Leaf coaches at?

"We're going to Katy!"

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:

http://www.giftbasketsfordelivery.com/

Just in case somebody bookmark this website.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Eatemup wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:

http://www.giftbasketsfordelivery.com/

Just in case somebody bookmark this website.
jack wrote:

Bookmarked!!

I am sure several of us would sign the card if things go further south on Saturday!!

Leaf is on the staff at West Texas A&M. Maybe we just send him an e-card.

-IceMan

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Maynard wrote:
If the Cats lose this game, Wright needs to be fired the following Monday, Bleil named interim head coach, Teis given a VERY short leash and a NATIONAL SEARCH performed to find someone who is up to the job of taking us to I-A and being SUCCESSFUL while doing it!

It is time to stop with the notion that hiring people that played football for Wacker will be the next Coach Wacker. Barrick Nealy took us to the brink of a national championship, and one of Wacker's protege's took it away by calling a knee instead of using our high powered offense, lead by possibly the best quarterback in FCS in 2005, and WIN. And then we reverted to the tried and true 4-7, 5-6, poorly coached teams of the past.

It is time to look outside "Wacker's tree of mediocrity." I would suggest starting with this guy, a proven winner.

This is just me talking here, but I don't understand the point of firing a guy mid-season, and replacing him with a DC that as of yet, hasn't stopped anyone.

By no means has Wright impressed me with his playcalling, ability to work the media (the conversation after the D-II debacle blows my mind), or his ability to change according to the team he faces, but dismissing him mid-season wouldn't really accomplish much.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Maynard wrote:

This is just me talking here, but I don't understand the point of firing a guy mid-season, and replacing him with a DC that as of yet, hasn't stopped anyone.

By no means has Wright impressed me with his playcalling, ability to work the media (the conversation after the D-II debacle blows my mind), or his ability to change according to the team he faces, but dismissing him mid-season wouldn't really accomplish much.

The administration needs to show the fanbase they are serious about winning if they expect them to support "The Drive".....

The only place we are currently driving is to having one of the worst defenses in the nation....AGAIN!!

-IceMan

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
The administration needs to show the fanbase they are serious about winning if they expect them to support "The Drive".....

The only place we are currently driving is to having one of the worst defenses in the nation....AGAIN!!

But the question still stands: how does replacing Wright with Bleil who has done NOTHING since being here show we are serious about winning?

I mean, if we had a decent to above average defense that was top 25 or top 50 in the nation, I could totally understand. But at this point, I don't see a benefit to it.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bleil would not be the ultimate successor. I agree that Bleil has not shown us anything either.

The sad truth is there is no perfect solution here. As much as many of us complain about Wright, its not ultimately his fault. Teis is the one who hired a guy with zero collegiate head coaching experience. He put us in this situation....

-IceMan

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

jack wrote:

Yep. He would probably bring him to our university as OC.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
jack wrote:

Dare to Dream Bobcat Fans!!

-IceMan

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
jack wrote:

What do you base this belief on? The fact that he's on the current coaching staff?

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Now if we loses then, you can start the calling for heads lets just get past this game.

Last edited by SOMBREROGUY on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

jack wrote:

Yeah, Men's Golf.

http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-golf ... f-mtt.html

BTW- Carthel will not leave West Texas. He has lived between Portales and Canyon (Amarillo) for over 20 years. His ranch and his family are there. He will coach for as long as he wants to at WT, and then return to ranching when he is done. He left the profession to ranch for a decade during the 80s, and I can almost guarantee that he will do it again.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next