Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 The Season so Far: 

Is this season progressing how you thought it would? How do we look so far?
Poll ended at Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:37 pm
1) Yes. I believe that Coach Wright & staff have us on the right track. We're only a couple of turnovers away from 2-0! 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
2) Yes. I think we'll be fine but Coach Wright & staff need to be given a bit more time to implement their new Defense & establish a QB. 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
3) Undecided. I'm not at all sure what the direction of the program is at this point. 33%  33%  [ 21 ]
4) No. I have hope for the remainder of the season but I do not see us being a contender this year. 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
5) No. We are a few missed FG's away from being 0-2. What a disaster! Let's put Chaisson in & start building for the future. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
6) See comments below. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 63

The Season so Far: 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: The Season so Far:
Mad_Cat wrote:
To put it in even better perspective he went up against June Jones a $2million dollar coach with FBS reputation, talent, speed and numbers and lost by only 11 points. I can live with that.

Quote:
The point can be made that your signature and your stance are at odds. That's great, though. Keep settling for losing.

"We Must Demand The Best If We Are To Be The Best".

or....."We must keep making excuses if we are to maintain happiness despite mediocrity".

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
Yes they did. They stopped us with turnovers. You can claim we stopped ourselves (which would be a mark against our coach), but that's not true. Had their players not been in position to make the play, we'd have kept going.

Rev, you keep saying that the turnovers are a mark against Wright, and how it is Wrights fault that we turned the ball over 5 times. Then is it June Jones fault that SMU turned the ball over 5 times against BOTH Rice, AND Texas Tech? Going by your logic, the fact that SMU turned the ball over 5 times in two of there three games this year June Jones must be a terrible HC.

Sorry, but anyone who knows ANYTHING about football knows that coaches are NOT responsible for turnovers, that is on the players. All coaches can do is put the players on the field with plays that give them the best chance to succeed. If the players do not execute, that is the players fault, not the coaches.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:13 pm
Site Admin

sm_bobcat wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
Yes they did. They stopped us with turnovers. You can claim we stopped ourselves (which would be a mark against our coach), but that's not true. Had their players not been in position to make the play, we'd have kept going.

Rev, you keep saying that the turnovers are a mark against Wright, and how it is Wrights fault that we turned the ball over 5 times. Then is it June Jones fault that SMU turned the ball over 5 times against BOTH Rice, AND Texas Tech? Going by your logic, the fact that SMU turned the ball over 5 times in two of there three games this year June Jones must be a terrible HC.

Sorry, but anyone who knows ANYTHING about football knows that coaches are NOT responsible for turnovers, that is on the players. All coaches can do is put the players on the field with plays that give them the best chance to succeed. If the players do not execute, that is the players fault, not the coaches.

No offense but Coach Wright is the Head Coach and the buck stops there. End of story.

Not saying you get rid of the guy, just that he is ultimately responsible for the team and if he is not then I am sure the University wants their $150,000 back.

He is paid to win end of story no excuses. Now lets give the guy a chance to prove that he can win.

If he can give him a raise if he cant show him the door.

Its not personal it business.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

sm_bobcat wrote:

Yes, it is a mark agains the HC that they turned the ball over 10 times in 2 games. But nowhere will you read that I think it makes him a terrible coach. I guess it's easier for yout argue some points when you decide to make up what I say.

sm_bobcat wrote:

Sorry, but anyone who knows ANYTHING about athletics in general knows that coaches ARE WHOLLY responsible for the product he puts on the field. To say otherwise is just... naive.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LOL. Sombreroguy, are you drunk when you post?

Anyway, I don't think a mid-season switch would do any good either, but any fewer than 7 wins this season, and count me in on the Carthel Cartel,

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Good night nurse, these are some long posts but enjoyable to read.

Bottom line is this - Wright will once again fail us (as every coach who has come before him has done except Franchione and one year for Bailiff).

We aren't paying our HC more than what many lower level DI asst. coaches are making. To some $150K is great money - but in this industry it sucks.

Money won't solve the problem though, getting an aggressive, open-minded and respected coach will. Missing out on Todd Dodge was a big loss (as he's well respected across the State of Texas by HS coaches and will have UNT winning big in 2 more years). Missing out on many of the DII coaches (like at WTAMU, Tarleton State, ACU, etc.) in Texas that are successful is another huge mistake.

If we're going to pay our coaches like DII coaches, continue to have DII facilities and our players play like they're DII quality players - then why not go back down there and dominate?

This losing stuff got old 22 years ago and is killing the alumni support for the entire University.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Todd Dodge will never have UNT winning big.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Jody wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:
It is possible to be a fan and objective at the same time. I am not going to sit here and pat Coach Wright on the back for the great job he has done since taking over this program.

Yup, 4-7 doesnt cut it and if he would have lost to Angelo State I would not have blamed LT for firing him on the spot. Losing to 2 DII schools in back to back years is cause for termination.

For Coach Wrights sake I hope he has a good season because I have a feeling the natives are getting restless. I know I am.

Naaaaa...if DeBeese could establish a new level of bobcat mediocrity with his many 4-7 seasons (alright he threw in a 7-4 just to mix things up a bit), and LT is feeling no pressure, Wright will be with us for a while regardless of the product we see on the field.

And what difference would it make anyway? This administration will not look any further for a qualified head coach than it did when Bailiff left?

Besides, does any other team, on any level, have more moral victory's than us? Be loud and proud bobcat nation...

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8