Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The Season so Far: 

Is this season progressing how you thought it would? How do we look so far?
Poll ended at Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:37 pm
1) Yes. I believe that Coach Wright & staff have us on the right track. We're only a couple of turnovers away from 2-0! 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
2) Yes. I think we'll be fine but Coach Wright & staff need to be given a bit more time to implement their new Defense & establish a QB. 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
3) Undecided. I'm not at all sure what the direction of the program is at this point. 33%  33%  [ 21 ]
4) No. I have hope for the remainder of the season but I do not see us being a contender this year. 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
5) No. We are a few missed FG's away from being 0-2. What a disaster! Let's put Chaisson in & start building for the future. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
6) See comments below. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 63

The Season so Far: 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post The Season so Far:
:eatemup:

Understanding that i do not wite survey's for Gallup, if you have any thoughts that do not allign well with the sentiments above please choose Option 6 & express them below.

Thanks,
cp

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: The Season so Far:
I would be far more optimistic if we had a decent head coach......

The kids play their &sses off, but they are not well coached!!

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:

The coaches were not the one's fumbling and throwing Int's.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:19 pm
Junior Bobcat

Maybe if we hadn't hired another good ol' boy from a 4A high school (with moderate success) we might be worth something. Coach Wright is about 5' tall in a pool that is 12' deep.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The next few weeks will give us a clear indication of where this team is.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:

The coaches were not the one's fumbling and throwing Int's.

The coaches are handing the opposition the ball at the 40 yard line on kickoffs, insist on starting the Texas State version of Drew Bledsoe, and our secondary has made zero improvement in 3 years.

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbelievable. This team should be 0-2. They were real fortunate that Angelo State had no kicking game, and that the refs did not consider pushing a guy down in the endzone pass interference.

-IceMan

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

The worst for me was that sequence in the 3rd when the Cats missed the PAT - not the blocked one from the first half that got run back, that was a separate embarrassment - and then knocked the following kickoff out of bounds. Then I saw the officials spotted the ball at the SMU 40. WTF? That's a better deal than State was getting using that ridiculous kickoff strategy.

In case any of you think I'm full of shit, here's the play-by-play:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbypla ... 7&period=0

"We're going to Katy!"

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

So our special teams has taken a step back backwards from last season, and as the Cleveland Indian's groundskeepers would say regarding our defense "They're Still $hitty"!!

Great Job Coach Wright!!! Teis made the right decision not interviewing anyone else. There is no doubt you were the only man for the job!!!

-IceMan

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:22 am
Site Admin

Man, the Bobcat nation is feeling a little down. I think if we lose to N. Colorado we might see one of these........

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

bobcatjh wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
bobcatjh wrote:

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbelievable. This team should be 0-2. They were real fortunate that Angelo State had no kicking game, and that the refs did not consider pushing a guy down in the endzone pass interference.

Yes, it sure is unbelieveable the amount of homerism on a website called bobcatfans...
:roll: :P :wink:

Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

It is possible to be a fan and objective at the same time. I am not going to sit here and pat Coach Wright on the back for the great job he has done since taking over this program.

-IceMan

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:41 am
Site Admin

bobcatjh wrote:
It is possible to be a fan and objective at the same time. I am not going to sit here and pat Coach Wright on the back for the great job he has done since taking over this program.

Yup, 4-7 doesnt cut it and if he would have lost to Angelo State I would not have blamed LT for firing him on the spot. Losing to 2 DII schools in back to back years is cause for termination.

For Coach Wrights sake I hope he has a good season because I have a feeling the natives are getting restless. I know I am.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:01 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
It is possible to be a fan and objective at the same time.

If you want to talk about being objective, try looking past what the scores of the games were, and you will see that we easily had the better team on the field against both SMU and Angelo State. The only reason that both games were no blowout wins is poor execution.

Now, if you want to worry about poor execution in two straight games, then I agree 100%. But to play a FBS(D1) school even if it is as bad of a team as SMU is, and easily have the better football team (even if you don't get the win), is definately something to be excited about.

bobcatjh wrote:
I am not going to sit here and pat Coach Wright on the back for the great job he has done since taking over this program.

Lets give coach Wright more than just 1 season and two games before we decide what type of job he has done. Coach Wright is not to blame for the SMU game, that goes 110% on the players. Coach Wright is not the one who fumbled the ball 3 times, or threw 2 INT's, or ran into the kicker after forcing SMU to kick a FG, or allowed SMU to block an extra point and return it for a 2 points, or flat out missed another extra point. That is what cost us the SMU game, not poor coaching. Heck, our offensive coaching was great, we didn't punt the ball a single time, and only had to kick one FG. Minus 1 3rd down INT, SMU NEVER even came close to stopping us, our players execution is the ONLY thing that even came close to stopping us all game.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:07 am
True Bobcat Fan

sm_bobcat wrote:
But to play a FBS(D1) school even if it is as bad of a team as SMU is, and easily have the better football team (even if you don't get the win), is definately something to be excited about.

Easily have a better football team?!?!?!

How are you quantifying this?? We could not get any pressure on their QB, and the SMU recievers ran circles around our secondary. SMU also has a kicker that can kick past the 40 yard line on kickoffs, and even keep the ball inbounds!! Also, Bo Mitchell looked better in his second college game than BG has his entire career.

Top to bottom we do not "easily" have a better roster than SMU, and to say so is a bit arrogant.

We may have more talent at a couple skill positions, but thats all.

I do agree that we need to give Coach Wright the rest of this season to prove himself, but I do not see any real improvement thus far.

-IceMan

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

sm_bobcat wrote:
If you want to talk about being objective, try looking past what the scores of the games were, and you will see that we easily had the better team on the field against both SMU and Angelo State. The only reason that both games were no blowout wins is poor execution.

I don't understand this line of thinking. We should be happy with a mediocre coach because it was the players that he puts on the field that eff everything up? Who left George in long enough to fumble three times? Who signed off on the junior varsity kickoff strategy? The players are executing plays and strategies this bunch of glorified high school assistants are providing, and are completely underwhelming in their performance.

In the real world, away from this message board, if you have a superior product but attain unfavorable results using it, the fault lies on the user.

"We're going to Katy!"

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next