Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sports Network - Preseason Poll 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Sports Network - Preseason Poll
Every team in SLC outside of the Bobcats, Lions and Jacks get votes...unless I missed one.

The Sports Network Preseason Top 25 Poll

Rk. Team (First-place votes) Rec. Pts. Prv.
1. Appalachian State (97) 13-2 2,546 1
2. North Dakota State (1) 10-1 2.275 9
3. Northern Iowa 12-1 2,204 4
4. Richmond 11-3 2,162 5
5. Massachusetts 10-3 2,148 7
6. James Madison (3) 8-4 2,078 12
7. Eastern Washington 9-4 1,951 8
8. Montana 11-1 1,848 10
9. Delaware 11-4 1,747 2
10. McNeese State 11-1 1,687 11
11. Southern Illinois 12-2 1,286 3
12. Youngstown State 7-4 1,228 16
13. Wofford 9-4 1,158 6
14. Cal Poly 7-4 1,081 24
15. Elon 7-4 1,028 23
16. New Hampshire 7-5 760 14
17. Georgia Southern 7-4 656 17
18. Eastern Illinois 8-4 622 18
19. South Dakota State 7-4 547 19
20. Eastern Kentucky 9-3 487 13
21. Villanova 7-4 396 NR
22. Central Arkansas 6-5 374 NR

23. The Citadel 7-4 317 NR
24. Harvard 8-2 316 21
25. Western Illinois 6-5 299 NR

Others receiving votes: Northern Arizona 249, Fordham 212, Delaware State 198, Jacksonville State 195, Yale 170, Sam Houston State 166, Montana State 146, Furman 120, Liberty 115, Jackson State 79, South Carolina State 76, Holy Cross 74, Colgate 56, Grambling 55, Norfolk State 48, Coastal Carolina 44, Hampton 41, Southern 32, Northwestern State 30, Tennessee-Martin 30, UC Davis 22, Weber State 17, Lafayette 16, Alabama A&M 10, Texas Southern 9, Brown 9, Nicholls State 9, Dayton 6, Tennessee State 5, San Diego 4, Albany 4, Maine 1, Prairie View 1

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Sports Network - Preseason Poll
I call bull shit on this poll because Texas Southern has 9 votes

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SOMBREROGUY wrote:
I call bull sh!& on this poll because Texas Southern has 9 votes

Ain't that the truth.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Either this poll is a joke, or our team is this year. If we turn out to be a lesser squad than Prarie View this season, we better just move down to D3.

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SOMBREROGUY wrote:
I call bull sh!& on this poll because Texas Southern has 9 votes

I call B.S. because we are not on it at all!!! When was the last time we got that small amount of respect?

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

**BUMP**

I just notice that Prairie View A&M is on the list and we are not.......goes to show how much pre-season polls are worth. Even discount HEB toilet paper has more valid info in the package that these things.

I hope the team sees this much disrespect being thrown at them and it lights a fire under their @$$ (seriously, Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M received votes and we didn't? What kind of Bush-league crap is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
**BUMP**

I just notice that Prairie View A&M is on the list and we are not.......goes to show how much pre-season polls are worth. Even discount HEB toilet paper has more valid info in the package that these things.

I hope the team sees this much disrespect being thrown at them and it lights a fire under their @$$ (seriously, Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M received votes and we didn't? What kind of Bush-league crap is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Prarie View I can deal with cause they had a good season last year...but for TxSo to get votes is just asinine.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Texas Southern now has Bobby Reid and a slew of other FBS transfers. They will be improved from years past.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman...to discredit Prairie View A&M is to show a lack of knowledge on the subdivision. That program had the coach of the year and perhaps shocked the whole FCS community with their season. They could be even better this year...I had them in my 26-30 bracket, just on the cusp of the poll.

As far as Texas Southern goes, anyone who follows this poll knows there's always one or two things questionable about it. Same goes for any other polls. A quick glance at the poll shows the only things that really stick out is it seems the SWAC contingent made their voice heard and were the only ones to lend votes to their teams. Not sure why they did this considering TSU did not even get respect in their own SWAC preseason poll(s).

The individuals that vote in this poll are the SIDs of FCS schools and media. It is still considered to be one of the 'big three' in FCS polls with the coaches poll and AGS being the others. The SME broadcasting poll may soon join the group...

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Jody wrote:
Texas Southern now has Bobby Reid and a slew of other FBS transfers. They will be improved from years past.

Forgot about that.....we get them at home this year.....correct? Wonder what kind of signs and cutdowns my friends and I.......................eeeeerrrr, I mean the Texas State student section will come up with to get inside his head. Maybe dress like an OSU coach and keep yelling "BE A MAN, YOU'RE TWENTY!!!!!!" when he throws a pick or two or gets sacked for a loss. Would it be illegal for us to play a clip of that coach on our jumbotron during the game also? That would be some funny stuff right there!!!!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Quote:
TexasTerror wrote:
Bobcat.taxman...to discredit Prairie View A&M is to show a lack of knowledge on the subdivision.

Not gonna dispute that point at all, I just know my Bobcats deserved some points out there.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Not gonna dispute that point at all, I just know my Bobcats deserved some points out there.

Why do the Bobcats deserve some love? As it stands right now, in the SLC -- the SIDs and head coaches each picked them behind the five schools that did get votes. So, compared to SLC teams...you are exactly where you are meant to be.

I can agree that some teams from around FCS that did get votes (i.e TxSo) that should be behind you, but those who are in the SLC that vote in this poll did the right thing.

The Bobcats are going to have to earn their stripes and I don't think any of you will mind if the Bobcats come up and "surprise" someone. Doesn't that make it more enjoyable?

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I've kept up with TxSo...I know about BR and their other transfers...still no reason to put them on a preseason poll IMO.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Forgot about that.....we get them at home this year.....correct? Wonder what kind of signs and cutdowns my friends and I.......................eeeeerrrr, I mean the Texas State student section will come up with to get inside his head. Maybe dress like an OSU coach and keep yelling "BE A MAN, YOU'RE TWENTY!!!!!!" when he throws a pick or two or gets sacked for a loss. Would it be illegal for us to play a clip of that coach on our jumbotron during the game also? That would be some funny stuff right there!!!!

Texas Southern has like 50-60 newcomers from what I have been told. No one has seen a roster -- possibly because they do not have an active web site. ;)

I'll leave the banter up to you guys. Please "Hang 60" on them!

MaximumBobcat wrote:
I've kept up with TxSo...I know about BR and their other transfers...still no reason to put them on a preseason poll IMO.

Never said there was. :)

I'd doubt we'll see TSU get in the top 25 in the next few years with their current coaching staff. If they do, I predict within two years of that, the NCAA will be investigating something they did wrong to get there.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

WTF?

When is our athletic department going to figure out that losing doesn't help? When f**king Prairie View and Texas Southern get votes...and we don't, it means our program is simply not a factor and no one even notices that we exist. Truly sad.

Let's recap the last TWENTY FIVE YEARS shall we??

ONE great season
and TWO OR THREE good seasons (maybe)
and TWENTY-ONE (or so) suck ass seasons...

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but that track record doesn't bode well for the upcoming season...or any other in the next 10 years at least.

I'm 40, almost 41 now, and I've only had the pleasure of witnessing one great season from my alma-mater. I just have a hard time believing that things are going to change in Bobcatland before I DIE.

Ugh,
uh...Go Bobcats???

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:58 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next