Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sports Network - Preseason Poll 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Sports Network - Preseason Poll
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Jody wrote:
Texas Southern now has Bobby Reid and a slew of other FBS transfers. They will be improved from years past.

Forgot about that.....we get them at home this year.....correct? Wonder what kind of signs and cutdowns my friends and I.......................eeeeerrrr, I mean the Texas State student section will come up with to get inside his head. Maybe dress like an OSU coach and keep yelling "BE A MAN, YOU'RE TWENTY!!!!!!" when he throws a pick or two or gets sacked for a loss. Would it be illegal for us to play a clip of that coach on our jumbotron during the game also? That would be some funny stuff right there!!!!

Damn that is awesome! I love the idea of dressing up and yelling that except the guy is 22 and not 20. I'm sure it would probably be illegal for a clip of Coach Gundy to be displayed on the videoboard. Nice ideas though.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I really didn't expect to receive any votes, I don't know why you guys are upset. We were 4-7 last year, just because we had a decent recruiting class doesn't mean we deserve votes. That being said, Texas Southern doesn't deserve any either.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

This program had better get its crap together this year!!

I am sick of losing and hearing excuses.

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not saying we need to be on the list, but how crazy the list is by who is on it.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

I think this is right on par for the course, with the team not being ranked. A lot of people in that poll probably go off last season's success and last season, Texas State didn't have much success. All that matters is the Bobcats should be on there after the first couple games.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

I do like the fact that Sam has to earn their spot in the poll. McNeese and UCA deserve to be there based on last years in conference results. We are still an unpredicatable entity and last years finish did not deserve points this year. We do have a great amount of fire power on offense and it looks like the defense is new. So, we should make an appearance by mid season. Sam is the wild card this year with a lot less hype on Bomar. He may rise to his abilities without so much pressure. He still has to contend with his supporting cast. Thats another question mark that we cant speculate about this early. Talk is cheap.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

Pre-season polls are nothing more than a bunch of mild speculation and a lot of opinion.

If you look at all of the FBS polls out there, you'll see some really stupid crap out there. One poll I saw had Duke ranked 80th overall, and above several good teams from smaller conferences like the MWC and SBC.

I have no faith at all in pre-season polls, and this BS just further affirms my beliefs.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think this could be a great motivation tool for the team if used right.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cpwhite wrote:
I think this could be a great motivation tool for the team if used right.

Heck, used in any way, shape or form!!!!! The pollsters gave no respect to them, zero....zip.....zilch.....nada!!!!

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
Hmmm... I guess the pollsters were wrong

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:31 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2