Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How many Bobcat FB games will you attend? 

Number of Bobcat FB games you'll attend?
3 or less games 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
4-6 games 31%  31%  [ 18 ]
7-10 games 36%  36%  [ 21 ]
11-12 games 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 59

How many Bobcat FB games will you attend? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

boy, that's a silly question for me - how about >12...

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: How many Bobcat FB games will you attend?
Well, I am a bit depressed so I have put off answering here as long as I could. My "REAL" job (yeah, I have one of those) and all those early games only cause major conflict this year. If I make 3 games I'll be lucky.

What a PITA!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Somebody hoop and holler and dance around for me :sombrero: :sombrero:

I'll catch the IBF and get them up as much as I can again this year. I will, however, not be around to get the SMU show as I will be out of the country.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I started this thread stating I was good for 4 games maybe 5. Added Northern Colorado since, and SMU today. Just made my plane reservations for Dallas...So, I'll be @ 6 of 12 games; with my wife @ all games, but SMU.

...Interestingly, went on Ticket Master and there was no availability for seats in the visitors' sections 124-127/224-227 on the east side of the stadium. I know a number of people have posted seat numbers outside the visitor sections (all on the east side). My ticket is Section 123 Row 21 Seat 9.

Looks like the Bobcats are bringing a very, very decent crowd to Gerald J Ford stadium...assume Ticket Master would sell / still be selling visitor section tickets otherwise.

:eatemup:

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

All home games and a few of the road ones, if work permits. Aug. 30 is approaching!

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Plan on attending all possible, including at least one LA road trip. Ordered tickets to the SMU game through the University...still haven't received them...but plan on a trip to Dallas as well. Here's hoping for a solid season and some Bobcat pride restored.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re:
KleinTx05 wrote:
i am wondering how do "WE" on this board push 4 attendence numbers to go up when half of us are goin 2 six games or less ... some even less than that ...

14 people goin to 7+ games
22 people goin to 6 or less games ...

i know we all have our separate lives and all but theres an ole saying called "Leading by example"
If u gonna "Talk that Talk" then "Walk that Walk!!! "

All im sayin is Make sacrafices ... GET UR ASSets N SEATS!!! Lets support our Team :sombrero: :sombrero:
I AM A BOBCAT FAN!!!!

Yeah I am one of those 22 people. I'm going to the first game of the season and that is most likely the only one due to work conflicts. This doesn't make me any less of a fan, and it's not like I can just skip work since it involves competitions in which the students I teach will be involved in. Which is why I'm hoping the games will be lots of televised so that I can at least DVR them, and if not those archived radio broadcasts sound good like a good idea for me as well.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I had to sit here and respond to this after mulling it over for a few days, because I was, at first, too pissed to do so.

I am not considered a fan because why? I can't make every game? So let me just put some things down here. (it will make me feel better)

I had totally anticipated going to 7 games this year. My work schedule just F'd it up

I did not attend SWT or TxST, but my daughter (who attained both her BA and MA) did.

I had no child in any athletic activity at TxSt but I have been going to the games for (this would be my) 5 years.

I attended every home game in the '05 season, including the playoffs (even when I was very ill, just ask those that were "sitting" with me)

I have, many times, driven the 46 miles (each way), alone, to the games and had work the next day.

For 3 years I have taped, coverted and posted "Inside Bobcat Football" for those out of the area to view... and I intend to do so again this year.

I love football, especially college football and this team. :texasstate:

No one has the right to question anyone else's commitment or loyalty based on whether or not we can afford to haul off to LA, CO, or have every weekend free to get to San Marcos between now and Thanksgiving.

There - I feel better now. :eatemup:

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CatMom wrote:
I had to sit here and respond to this after mulling it over for a few days, because I was, at first, too pissed to do so.

I am not considered a fan because why? I can't make every game? So let me just put some things down here. (it will make me feel better)

I had totally anticipated going to 7 games this year. My work schedule just F'd it up

I did not attend SWT or TxST, but my daughter (who attained both her BA and MA) did.

I had no child in any athletic activity at TxSt but I have been going to the games for (this would be my) 5 years.

I attended every home game in the '05 season, including the playoffs (even when I was very ill, just ask those that were "sitting" with me)

I have, many times, driven the 46 miles (each way), alone, to the games and had work the next day.

For 3 years I have taped, coverted and posted "Inside Bobcat Football" for those out of the area to view... and I intend to do so again this year.

No one has the right to question anyone else's commitment or loyalty based on whether or not we can afford to haul off to LA, CO, or have every weekend free to get to San Marcos between now and Thanksgiving.

Exactly! Thank you. By the way my drive is 196 miles each way.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El Gato wrote:
CatMom wrote:

Exactly! Thank you. By the way my drive is 196 miles each way.

Exactly! Thankyou. By the way my commute is 1,100 air miles each way (AUS) for the 3 home games I'll attend, 1,120 air miles each way (DFW) to the SMU game, 1,710 air miles (DEN) each way for the N. Colorado game & 963 air miles (!AH) each way to the SAM game...but that's only 50% of the games...Consequently, according to some, I too don't walk the walk or talk the talk. But, am pleased to be counted in the company of posters such as El Gato & especially CatMom.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3