Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What should admission to games be? 

What should admission be?
Show your ID 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Swipe you ID (Only active students would swipe correctly) 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Pick up Game Tickets 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Game tickets mailed to students 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Other (Explain) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 25

What should admission to games be? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I say "show" until we get our attendance up. To me getting people in the stands and watching bobcat football is more important than the price of a few tickets. Once we average closer to 15k then we can thing about being strict.

Come on guys... Business 101...Its all about the lifetime value of a customer.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I say Swipe and get the option to pay the Athletics fee for two years after graduation and have access to general admission seating at any sporting event. What is the fee for two semesters now?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

show for now. The last thing we need is a more restrictive admission process. A couple of years of buidling up excitement for D1- introduce a SWEET rewards program and require swipes. You could also make an alumni card that could be swiped and offer more adult prizes like trips, dinners, texas wine tours, etc. Then you don't have to be a BAF member to be inspired to show up. Just another way to give back and get alums involved. It wouldn't be that hard. Just issue the card with the packet of crap they give out after graduation.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 am
Site Admin

I'll bring back up an idea I had a year or so ago.

Students must swipe ID's to get in the stadium.

Access would be granted via payment of the athletics fee. No EXTRA fee, or pulling tickets, etc. They need to put in real gates, too. One person going through each gate at a time, like on the alumni side. Swipe your ID and you're in.

This gives the AD a solid, accurate, attendance count instead of the arbitrary blind guessing they do now.

To make this work, though, it needs to be done for EVERY sporting event. Not just football.

The card would be their school ID that gets them in their residence halls, has their meal trades and Bobcat Bucks.

Ideally, the concession stands would take Bobcat Bucks on the student side.

In addition, the Athletic Department needs to sell access cards to non-students

These would be in the form of a sports pass. It would have YOUR name on it, and you would be able to purchase customized packages of tickets for each season, and best of all, it would be RENEWABLE each year.

A special Bobcat Sports Pass entry line at each gate would increase the value of this card by speeding you through the entry to the stadium. Add in a 5% discount at the concession stands and stadium store, and get even more interest. Maybe one end zone complex visit per year?

I'd buy it and put my football, men's basketball, and (after the new stadium is built) baseball season tickets on it.

For those that purchase multiple season tickets, you could have the option of multiple cards, the ability to swipe the card multiple times (up to your purchased ticket amount), or pull tickets from the ticket booth for each of your guests. In fact, there could be a ticket machine that reads your card, asks for a PIN, and prints out however many tickets you need for that game (up to your purchased ticket amount). This would work much like an ATM or the movie ticket machines at cinemas.

I should be the marketing director.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Was the work out a deal with UT idea serious or a joke?

Jesus, that's a terrible idea.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2