Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What should admission to games be? 

What should admission be?
Show your ID 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Swipe you ID (Only active students would swipe correctly) 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Pick up Game Tickets 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Game tickets mailed to students 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Other (Explain) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 25

What should admission to games be? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post What should admission to games be?
This is something I am very interested in. As we try to move towards FBS, the current "show your student ID" get into the game is going to have to ultimately be replaced.

The question is when and how do you replace it? Being as I am about to graduate, why would I purchase a season ticket when I can still just show my ID?

On the flip side, if we go to tickets, how many students are actually going to get tickets, or be too lazy to get them.

Anyways I would love to see a big discussion here.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:19 am
Site Admin

Swipe your ID. It is the simplest and can be easily instituted. My understanding is the University is already looking into something like this. There are ways to circumvent the system but it is probably the best solution to keep solid attendance.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

Is the school going to partner with HigherOne? SHSU is part of the HigherOne network (it's called BearkatOne at Sam) as is Lamar and Angelo State was too when they were in the system (still are). They give you an ID card like a credit card. You can swipe it, put money on it and all this other jazz including secure entrance to residence halls and such. Apparently helps the institution save loads of money from it.

Other schools that have it include East Carolina, Marshall, Houston and Troy. Figure you guys will "follow suit" with the sytem and get it. Probably make keeping track of students for the purpose of attendance and even BobcatRewards (saw that thread) even easier...

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

They give you an ID card like a credit card. You can swipe it, put money on it and all this other jazz including secure entrance to residence halls and such.

Texas State has had this sence spring 2004, we do not have swips for games yet.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

... at this point: gratis.

A pulse and an ID should get you in.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
They give you an ID card like a credit card. You can swipe it, put money on it and all this other jazz including secure entrance to residence halls and such.

Texas State has had this sence spring 2004, we do not have swips for games yet.

Correct, we already have Bobcat Bucks and you also have to swipe your student ID to be counted as attended in certain large teaching theatres.

However we are not yet using this technology at Sporting Events. I believe it is well within our grasp. However I dont know that many details.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:01 pm
Site Admin

Exactly what it's worth...

... at this point: gratis.

Just because you put "gratis" meaning zero value on the sporting events doesnt mean others do not place value.

My opinion is a pulse and a Valid ID should get you in.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Dead bodies would help with butts-in-the-seat counts. Don't leave them out. Also, they may be more lively than most of the alums.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

However we are not yet using this technology at Sporting Events. I believe it is well within our grasp. However I dont know that many details.

HigherOne has the technology. When I sat on a committee at SHSU, they talked about it and were going to move forward with purchasing it...

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Malleus wrote:

Dead bodies would help with butts-in-the-seat counts. Don't leave them out. Also, they may be more lively than most of the alums.

20 years of 4-7 football and going on about 10 years of sub .500 basketball should entitle you to something.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

unless things have changed since i was in school, it's not free for students. we paid an athletics fee and then got in to games without buying a ticket. has that changed?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

unless things have changed since i was in school, it's not free for students. we paid an athletics fee and then got in to games without buying a ticket. has that changed?

Nope, but don't aTm students also have to pay for a sports pass?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

how about the 1st 600 (or whatever #) get $100 towards tuition next year/game ... idk just throwing out ideas

"They said Bo didn't know football ... Well my name ain't Bo"

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If I had to pay I doubt I would go. Simple as that.

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It hasn't changed. It would be nice if you could choose where you wanted the money to go or had other options like keeping it if you did not want to give to athletics. It would be well received to give students a choice to put THEIR money towards tickets at UT if they so wanted. It is a very short drive and many already attend or watch the games from their homes.

Or at the very least work out a deal with UT to give Texas State students a discount when showing their ID's at a Texas game. Texas State maybe able to make some money off a deal like that with enough students showing up.

The more options for students the better it is in my humble opinion.

i guess it would be ok to give students the option of paying the athletic fee (so long as we're willing to accept the lower funding levels that would come from that change.) but i really don't like the idea of working out a deal with ut to make it easier for texas state students to go to longhorn games. it's bad enough seeing students in longhorn shirts and caps on campus without knowing that the university has worked out a deal to make it cheaper for them to go to longhorn games (instead of ours). of course, if students didn't have to pay an athletics fee, they could use that money any other way they wanted, including going to ut games.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:27 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next