Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bobcat Club Fundraising Video 

Rate the Video 1-Poor 5-Excellent
Poll ended at Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:06 pm
1 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
2 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
3 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
4 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
5 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14

Bobcat Club Fundraising Video 
A retort so damning it had to be posted twice, OUCH! Or at least until a mod erases it.

While I will leave you to your opinion Rev and respect you for making it, I feel the need to stick to mine as well.

I think it is sad and ridiculous for anyone in the AD to ask the opinion of a Sam student on the Bobcat club video. Are we that far without means? I’m sure Daktronics helped in the production of that video and it seems to me that their professional opinion is far more valuable.

Do we not have anyone else to turn to? Our AD is going to start taking advice from Sam students? Truly sad to me, but hey, I may be the only one. If that is so, then so be it.

This may be a small thing but if it is true I think it speaks volumes.

I am now at your disposal for flaming.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:58 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think it is sad and ridiculous for anyone in the AD to ask the opinion of a Sam student on the Bobcat club video. Are we that far without means? I’m sure Daktronics helped in the production of that video and it seems to me that their professional opinion is far more valuable.

Do we not have anyone else to turn to? Our AD is going to start taking advice from Sam students? Truly sad to me, but hey, I may be the only one. If that is so, then so be it.

It's not "flaming" I am doing to you. I am merely explaining. This isn't an insult, it's a fact: You are ignorant on this topic.

Patssle is no longer a Sam student. He is a graduate student right here (If I recall correctly). A graduate student that has experience with such matters (videos for athletic departments), and was approached by a friend for his thoughts.

You act like the University set out looking for the premiere videographer, but instead had to settle for patssle.

In essence, you are bashing patssle and (in essence) this university for Nothing! There is PLENTY to be irritated about on the Hill. This is not one of them. This is a case of a friend who has experience in this sort of thing helping another person out with his thoughts on it. And this causes you to launch into a tirade that is totally unwarranted.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:10 am
Site Admin

Mr Bobcat wrote:

It's not "flaming" I am doing to you. I am merely explaining. This isn't an insult, it's a fact: You are ignorant on this topic.

Patssle is no longer a Sam student. He is a graduate student right here (If I recall correctly). A graduate student that has experience with such matters (videos for athletic departments), and was approached by a friend for his thoughts.

You act like the University set out looking for the premiere videographer, but instead had to settle for patssle.

In essence, you are bashing patssle and (in essence) this university for Nothing! There is PLENTY to be irritated about on the Hill. This is not one of them. This is a case of a friend who has experience in this sort of thing helping another person out with his thoughts on it. And this causes you to launch into a tirade that is totally unwarranted.

I dont think Pattsle is a graduate student here, thats youfunko.

Anyways the Director of Bobcat Club previously worked at SHSU and I am sure he knew Pattsle from his time there. The kid has a knack for video graphics and I am sure the Director already had a proffesional relationship with Pattsle.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:15 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Anyways the Director of Bobcat Club previously worked at SHSU and I am sure he knew Pattsle from his time there. The kid has a knack for video graphics and I am sure the Director already had a proffesional relationship with Pattsle.

I can't help it, all Sam students look alike to me on here (to be exact, all Bobcat students look alike on here to me too).

But I stand corrected.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 am

I could be wrong but I think you are thinking of "yokofu". I sure I messed up his name. I know from his postings that he is now at TXST.

If patssle is currently enrolled at TXST then my bad, but I don't think he is.

Like I said Rev, you have your opinion on the matter and I have mine. You may not think it is a good reason but I do. To each his own.

I know that he has experience but I find it silly for us to ask a Sam student (our so called rivals) for advice on something as simple as video production. If we are that far back on the on little things then what does that say about the big items.

If he is at TXST then I apologize. I still thinking asking him (given his ties) if he has no intension on helping assist with the video doesn’t make any sense.

I think he does okay work but nothing better that someone who spends a little time learning programs on a Mac can do. I've seen videos just at good from kids making them in their bedrooms and putting them on you tube. I for one will not put him on a pedestal because he is the one guy at Sam who does it. There are plenty of students at TXST, UT and A&M who can do same.

I would like the AD to gather advice from professionals, that is all.

I may be ignorant but the whole thing sounds like a "Raising Star" mentality and not "The Star" mentality.

Just my perception.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:48 am
bobcatalum05 wrote:

I can't help it, all Sam students look alike to me on here (to be exact, all Bobcat students look alike on here to me too).

But I stand corrected.

It takes me so long to get back on task and post a reply that when I replied it was already outdated. Oh well.

Funny still being as I am the one being called ignorant of the subject.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:52 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It does kind of suck to see the empty seats in the basketball clips, especially at the end when he says Texas State is known for it's best fans, and boom the "best" fans are nowhere to be seen in the background as he says it. Other than, not bad but yeh a little long. Can't argue with the effort.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I know that he has experience but I find it silly for us to ask a Sam student ..... I would like the AD to gather advice from professionals, that is all.

Well...for the record I am a Sam alumnus and I have a professional job doing video production.

And also...if I had not taken the job I am currently at...there was a possibility I would be employeed at Texas State now or in the near future.

Quote:
I think he does okay work but nothing better that someone who spends a little time learning programs on a Mac can do.

I'd love to see somebody "spend a little" time and "using a Mac" do some quality videos that people would hire you for. If it was possible...then there would be no high paying video production jobs out there.

I was only trying to help when offering my opinion. Very few athletic departments at our level even do video production. So Texas State is taking a step ahead of most schools.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think he does okay work but nothing better that someone who spends a little time learning programs on a Mac can do.

Yah if you have a Mac you can do anything. Forget about going to school for design or production just get a Mac and one of those idiot's books, and you will be on your way. Every one can do it but it’s just the suckers that do, do it.

:roll:

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't have any problem with Ernie Dominguez on a personal level but as an interviewee for this piece, he does not fit in at any level. He's a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. He offers NOTHING to the athletic program. He's never played a down, a quarter, an inning, a serve, a track meet - hell never even teed one up as a student athlete. He's never coached, raised funds, been in a position of influence athletically (need I go on), etc.

He does not fit the target market on this video one bit. He's even more out of place than that pink shirt Langford is wearing.

Maybe in 10 years he'll be something, but there are plenty of donors who have given thousands more than he has (both in time and money) and are more representative of what the target market is.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:26 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2