Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bobcat Club Fundraising Video 

Rate the Video 1-Poor 5-Excellent
Poll ended at Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:06 pm
1 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
2 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
3 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
4 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
5 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14

Bobcat Club Fundraising Video 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Bobcat Club Fundraising Video
I think the Athletics Department did a Great Job with this Video. Will You "WALK the WALK"?

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/ot/bobca ... video.html

:applause: :applause: :applause:

My only recomendation is linking the Video to the Athletics page.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:06 pm
Site Admin

I like the video and I think it was very well done.

MadCat, I fixed it for you but when doing polls you have to leave a blank cell after the last choice.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

That does nothing for me but put me to sleep. Where's the pep, where's the energy.

Few other notes, why in the hell is Ernie Dominguez in there? Who cares about this guy, how much does he donate, what has he done for the athletic program?

Nate Langford - do you think you have any other colored shirt than a pink Izod? Somebody get that guy a maroon, gold, black or white shirt!

Can we have any more pictures of men's hoops, women's hoops and at least photoshop some people in the stands. My God, it looks like we're playing before 10 people in almost all of the basketball action shots.

Finally, noticed a ton of pictures were from two years ago or more (and not the nostalgic ones). Don't think that was very clever.

They should have piped in the Fight Song at least!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:34 pm
Site Admin

Way, way, way toooo looooonnnnngggggg!

That does nothing for me but put me to sleep. Where's the pep, where's the energy.

Few other notes, why in the hell is Ernie Dominguez in there? Who cares about this guy, how much does he donate, what has he done for the athletic program?

Nate Langford - do you think you have any other colored shirt than a pink Izod? Somebody get that guy a maroon, gold, black or white shirt!

Can we have any more pictures of men's hoops, women's hoops and at least photoshop some people in the stands. My God, it looks like we're playing before 10 people in almost all of the basketball action shots.

Finally, noticed a ton of pictures were from two years ago or more (and not the nostalgic ones). Don't think that was very clever.

They should have piped in the Fight Song at least!

So your glass is half empty huh?

The guy is wearing the wrong colored shirt, are you kidding me you are complaining about a student athletes polo shirt? Nate is a great kid and his entire family is Bobcats thru and thru, but all you see is a pink shirt.

Ernie Dominguez is a member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and he is a former Associate Student Goverment Officer. Thats more than most of us can say and I am sure he has donated to the Bobcat Club.

I agree they need to make a shorter version for those who dont want to watch the full length video, but in my opinion it was still a job well done.

All you are trying to do is poke the bear.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

A friend of mine in your AD asked me the critique it for him. I agree with BigDogs...too long.

It is written well with good interviews and good voiceover.

Beginning is visually weak though...pictures and a spinning logo. Needs more.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:05 pm
Site Admin

A friend of mine in your AD asked me the critique it for him. I agree with BigDogs...too long.

A valid review. Not just criticizing a student athletes shirt as well as the contributions of a passionate alumnus.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:10 pm

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one guy at sam who knows how to use a computer and camera and you think we need to hear your "expertise"?

Talk about big fish in a little pond syndrome.

Get over yourself and Spare us all!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Physician heal thyself.

A simpler (in deference to you) way of saying it is "The Pot calling the Kettle black."

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I like the video and I think it was very well done.

MadCat, I fixed it for you but when doing polls you have to leave a blank cell after the last choice.

Thanks.

What I like the most is the message. Our AD is reaching out in many ways. A shorter Version would be nice. Maybe a shorter edited version would be nice for the Athletic Web site as an intro. I think this was intended for a broad audience and intended to give all the Major Programs a chance to voice thier need. For the first attempt it was well done compared to others I've seen. "HOT HOT HOT" comes to mind! It is also one step in the right direction. Next video should focus on the Baseball Program and the Stadium.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

People asked my opinion and I gave it. No need to criticize me for my opinion.

To me, those issues are what take away from the video when they could so easily be corrected.

The pink shirt distracts from the video. Everyone before that has on some type (color and/or logo'd) of Texas State shirt. Why the pink? Even his Dad has on a maroon shirt but I don't recall him saying a word - just sitting there - again something that's completely out of place.

Ernie Dominguez - he's not a prominent fixture in our athletic program and has absolutely no influence or no contribution to it. Why waste time with him? He needs to be edited out completely.

To me, this video is okay but it comes across as a first take only type video and the tone of it is very mundane as are the speakers. There's no fire, no passion, no excitement. Can you imagine if Jim Wacker were alive and he was in it how fired up we'd all be?

This thing does nothing for me except put me to sleep and wonder why the details weren't refined to the nth degree.

Also, if they want to make a really good video they'd do these things:
1.) Play the fight song
2.) Liven it up (more flash pictures or video highlights of athletic events)
3.) Get prominent former athletes to appear more (Steinke is great but where is Charles Austin, Jeff Foster, Ricky Sanders, Jeff Novak, former baseball players with MLB experience?). Makes me wonder why we never see any of these alum supporting the program or University.
4.) Make everyone wear one of the primary colors of our University in the video
5.) No pictures with full or half empty stands in the background. Either crop the pic or photoshop in fans!

Look, you have to wonder what the target market is of this video. If it's for donating to the athletic program and you want to get the most bang for your buck, then it's probably going to be donors in their mid to late 40's on up who have the most disposable income (not 20 or early 30 somethings for the majority). I'm close to that target range and these are things that fail miserably in the video. I'm not fired up, not in the mood to give more $$$ and wondering where are all of these former prominent SWT athletes from my SWT era. If they're not supporting us (in even appearing in the video), then why would I? I appreciate Nate Langford's appearance but the pink shirt screams to me "Hey, I don't have to conform so look at me!" - well I did and it turned me away financially. Or it says "Hey, I'm not smart enough to figure out that I need to wear the school colors when doing a formal sit down interview for a promotional piece for the school." Take your pick.

Ernie Dominguez to me and I'm betting 99% of the people that view that video is a NOBODY. Comes across to me as a used car salesman trying to really push a lemon over on you. Outsider looking in and videographers trying to fill up and waste more of the viewer's time.

Somebody wake me when this one's over!

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:50 am

Ernie Dominguez to me and I'm betting 99% of the people that view that video is a NOBODY. Comes across to me as a used car salesman trying to really push a lemon over on you. Outsider looking in and videographers trying to fill up and waste more of the viewer's time.

Sounds to me like someone has a personal problem with Mr. Dominguez.

I see nothing wrong with him in the video, it shows youth behind the movement.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:11 am
Mr Bobcat wrote:

Physician heal thyself.

A simpler (in deference to you) way of saying it is "The Pot calling the Kettle black."

Perhaps.

However I am tired of always having to hear from him how great he is at working a camera and editing flim.

If anyone significant in the AD ask for his opinion on the video they should be ashamed of themselves. Why not just go to SMHS and ask their TV&Radio students their expert opinions as well.

Give me a break!

The Bobcat Club video is very well done by the way.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 am
Site Admin

Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If anyone significant in the AD ask for his opinion on the video they should be ashamed of themselves. Why not just go to SMHS and ask their TV&Radio students their expert opinions as well.

Then you are showing your ignorance. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else's personal opinion of Sam students are, the fact is they have a very nice TV & Radio program, and the videos they put on their scoreboard are pretty damn nice. Guess who played a large part in creating those videos? That's right, Patssle (if you take the kid at his word).

It's just sad and pathetic to hear anytime someone from another school posts on here about Bobcat related itesm that there are a select few who jump at the chance to insult them, even when there's no call or reason for it.

He stated someone in the AD asked his opinion, and he gave it. So what? Disagree with what his opinion is? Fine, argue those points. To jump into a simplistic insult like you did above reflects poorly on our school and makes you look like a Jacka$$. Naturally, this is just my opinion, and I could be in the minority, but give it a rest.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:23 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think they should show it off more... It's easy to miss. They should be sending that out to alumni. Wouldn't cost that much to burn a dvd/make a decent CD label and mail them out. Bet it could raise some interest.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next