Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 George vs. Nealy 

Can George break Nealy's all time passing record??
Poll ended at Fri May 25, 2007 11:51 pm
Yes 72%  72%  [ 21 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 29

George vs. Nealy 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post George vs. Nealy
Discuss

Tue May 15, 2007 11:51 pm
Site Admin

No question he can beat it. He has three more years in the program. 2000 yards a season beats the record.

Nealy had one season over 3,000 yards and one season close to it. His other season (2004) he was injured for much of it.

George has an excellent chance to shatter the record, not just beat it.

Wed May 16, 2007 7:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Wouldn't we have classified the Nealy offense as more of a run based offense? Apples to oranges?

Wed May 16, 2007 12:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Wouldn't we have classified the Nealy offense as more of a run based offense? Apples to oranges?

If not that, it's definitely a lot different. We racked up a lot of yards running option, zone read, and the one-back power as far as the running game goes in 04-05. Passing game, although mainly gaining yards on crossers and deep routes in the middle of the field, was still 2nd in the conference, I think.

This year, the power is run out of the I, the option is all but gone, and the zone remains without the read. (now we have jets and reverses in their place) And the passing game, it really seems to me, involves a lot more screens (at least 3 new ones) and mid-range routes (digs, etc.), but I don't know if it will be that much more dominant than the running game.

But I think of it this way...even if Barrick's '04 and '05 offenses could be considered more run-oriented, he still has the extra 3000 yds. from a pass-heavy '03. One could argue that it kind of evens out, so comparison with B-Rad's numbers might not be so skewed.

Bradley's got 36+ more games to start, I don't see how he doesn't break the record without some sort of injury. (knock on wood--We don't want him getting hurt like his brother did. )

Wed May 16, 2007 1:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Well the question is asking about the passing record, not who is the best overall QB. Not rally apples and oranges, it's a pretty clear cut question wit ha clear answer. So the Nealy offense was more run based, that still has nothing to do with the passing numbers. All it means is he threw the ball less and thus his passing numbers are lower. And B. George being more of a passer than a runner will most likely beat his passing record.

Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not really fair to compare the two. George will probably break the passing record, but Nealy could run. And ooohhhh how he could run.

Passing AND running made him great.

Wed May 16, 2007 3:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Not really fair to compare the two. George will probably break the passing record, but Nealy could run. And ooohhhh how he could run.

Passing AND running made him great.

I swear he looked like a freaking gazelle running down the sidelines untouched. It was amazing. He was a play maker....ohh sweet playoff memories...

Wed May 16, 2007 3:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

He ran the mansakis offense early on so that definitely balances out any so called 'run-based' offenses later

Wed May 16, 2007 5:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think it would be fair to say that the '04 and '05 season tilted towards the spread passing game and '03 was the pass heavy triple shoot. Based on the information provided by the press realeases. This season George will be in a run oriented offense meaning he will have fewer passing opportunities. So what will be the key, quantity or quality? Number of attempnts or yards gained per catch? Aslo who has the better group of receivers?

||:-||

Wed May 16, 2007 7:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

the Nealy offense was more run based, that still has nothing to do with the passing numbers

right...well done El Gato.

Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]