Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Leading Tackler 

Who will lead the team in tackles?
Jammar Crane 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Chase Pulliam 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Daniel Varvel 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Ric Palmer 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Coleman 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Courtney Smith 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21

 Leading Tackler 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post Leading Tackler
Discuss

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 3801
Reply with quote
Post 
If we can be quick learners I think our defense can be the best we have seen in a while. We have lots of experience at DE and finally have some depth at our interior line and great athleticism at LB. Hopefully Varvel can help erase any mistakes that our new secondary might make.


Mon May 14, 2007 1:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:07 am
Posts: 3275
Location: San Marcos, TX.
Reply with quote
Post 
I think Crane will have a break out season with the new defense.

_________________
Semper Fidelis
"A bobcat will fight you with everything he has: with four claws, teeth, speed and brains."
-Oscar Strahan


Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
I chose Chase Pulliam. He is projected to be playing the deep LB position, The positions equivalent in Cal Poly's defense was Kyle Shotwell who had 122 total tackles last year.

If Varvel is our leading tackler we will be 3-8. Assuming he plays free safety and he is the last line of defense. You want your safety to be the most athletic guy on the field making interceptions, and tackles, but if he is our leading tackler we will be in a world of hurt.

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Mon May 14, 2007 1:56 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:16 am
Posts: 1165
Location: MATADOR COUNTRY
Reply with quote
Post 
bobcatalum05 wrote:
I chose Chase Pulliam. He is projected to be playing the deep LB position, The positions equivalent in Cal Poly's defense was Kyle Shotwell who had 122 total tackles last year.

If Varvel is our leading tackler we will be 3-8. Assuming he plays free safety and he is the last line of defense. You want your safety to be the most athletic guy on the field making interceptions, and tackles, but if he is our leading tackler we will be in a world of hurt.


Isn't Chase hurt?

_________________
TEAM FRISBEE DAN


Mon May 14, 2007 3:15 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4573
Reply with quote
Post 
El GATO LOCO wrote:
bobcatalum05 wrote:
I chose Chase Pulliam. He is projected to be playing the deep LB position, The positions equivalent in Cal Poly's defense was Kyle Shotwell who had 122 total tackles last year.

If Varvel is our leading tackler we will be 3-8. Assuming he plays free safety and he is the last line of defense. You want your safety to be the most athletic guy on the field making interceptions, and tackles, but if he is our leading tackler we will be in a world of hurt.


Isn't Chase hurt?


Dislocated his shoulder during spring football. Should be ready to go by the fall. I believe Ric Palmer and Chase Pulliam will compete for time.

_________________
Bobcat Club Member - Team LBJ


Mon May 14, 2007 3:59 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 835
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post 
Are we still using the Desert Swarm this fall?


Mon May 14, 2007 4:52 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:17 pm
Posts: 678
Location: Kyle, Texas
Reply with quote
Post 
bobcatalum05 wrote:
I chose Chase Pulliam. He is projected to be playing the deep LB position, The positions equivalent in Cal Poly's defense was Kyle Shotwell who had 122 total tackles last year.

If Varvel is our leading tackler we will be 3-8. Assuming he plays free safety and he is the last line of defense. You want your safety to be the most athletic guy on the field making interceptions, and tackles, but if he is our leading tackler we will be in a world of hurt.


I agreed with your statement. I hope that whoever it is that leads in tackles it is a linebacker. It is scary even thinking it could possibly be a defensive back.

_________________
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...THEN it's a NEW game..."Let's Find The Eye!"


Mon May 14, 2007 5:40 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: San Marcos
Reply with quote
Post 
Seriously...Chase Pulliam? That guy belongs in an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. B-Rad all the way-- 94 TT, 17 TFL, 8 Sks, 4 FF, 3 FR, 1 INT.

_________________
Pain heals...chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever.


Mon May 14, 2007 7:20 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 3801
Reply with quote
Post 
FATTE wrote:
Seriously...Chase Pulliam? That guy belongs in an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. B-Rad all the way-- 94 TT, 17 TFL, 8 Sks, 4 FF, 3 FR, 1 INT.

You're on a roll tonight...


Mon May 14, 2007 9:46 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 9619
Location: San Antonio
Reply with quote
Post 
FATTE wrote:
Seriously...Chase Pulliam? That guy belongs in an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. B-Rad all the way-- 94 TT, 17 TFL, 8 Sks, 4 FF, 3 FR, 1 INT.


Only 1 INT???? WEAK!!! B-Rad will have at least 7 INT's! Not to mention he won't THROW any!

_________________
Forty-Six & 2, just ahead of me


Mon May 14, 2007 11:46 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:51 pm
Posts: 3083
Location: In Exile
Reply with quote
Post 
Is B-Rad Bobcat Football's version of Chuck Norris?

_________________
Day Man.
Fighter of the Night Man.
Champion of the sun.
You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0


Tue May 15, 2007 12:24 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: San Marcos
Reply with quote
Post 
Migiddy wrote:
Is B-Rad Bobcat Football's version of Chuck Norris?



Seriously, that just became the best idea I've heard on this site. I'll put in on shirts for this one.

_________________
Pain heals...chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever.


Tue May 15, 2007 9:25 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group