Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Leading Rusher 

Who will be the Bobcats Leading Rusher?
Stan Zwinggi 90%  90%  [ 28 ]
Alvin Canady 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Karrington Bush 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31

Leading Rusher 
Site Admin

Post Leading Rusher
Discuss

Mon May 14, 2007 12:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Leading Rusher
bobcatalum05 wrote:
Discuss

obviously it will be stan because he will get the most carries, but I think alvin will be put in when we get to about 15-20 yds away from scoring and will get a couple td's. karrington will bust out a couple jawdropping 40+ yard runs this season, but will still be 3rd string all year while wright tells him he needs more time to adjust to the college level.

Mon May 14, 2007 12:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I would like to see all 3 of these guys to have very similar numbers. I think it would be to our advantage for them all to get touches every game with the majority going to whoever it hot (or has the best matchup). Stan will get plenty of yards as will Alvin. I don’t see KB with big numbers but I do see him with a big impact. He will be a spark to our offense and have some big plays.

With the additions of the ‘jets and reverses’ i see Crosby having a fair amount of rushing yards. I also see Jamal Williams getting some carries. A former RB who has been playing WR for the last year is a good fit to get a lot of carries from the slot position.

Mon May 14, 2007 1:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I would like to see all 3 of these guys to have very similar numbers. I think it would be to our advantage for them all to get touches every game with the majority going to whoever it hot (or has the best matchup). Stan will get plenty of yards as will Alvin. I don’t see KB with big numbers but I do see him with a big impact. He will be a spark to our offense and have some big plays.

With the additions of the ‘jets and reverses’ i see Crosby having a fair amount of rushing yards. I also see Jamal Williams getting some carries. A former RB who has been playing WR for the last year is a good fit to get a lot of carries from the slot position.

What he said. It will be a race between Stan and Alvin. Alvin broke for 50 yrds on a shovel pass durring the Spring game. Too bad he fumbled at the end.IMO I think this offense will allow us to utilize our strongest possition.

Last edited by Mad_Cat on Mon May 14, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 14, 2007 1:20 pm
Site Admin

Stan has been timed in the 40yd dash at 4.29. He does a great job of cutting back across the grain as the defenders have over pursued. Once he is in the open you are not going to catch him. He really showed everyone last year what he is made of.

Canady has good speed and is a bit more shifty than Stan. I look for Alvin to do great things. He really catches the ball out of the backfield well.

Mon May 14, 2007 1:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm looking forward to scoring from 50 yrds out this year on the ground. We have three backs with the ability to break away in the open and I can only imagine what this offense will be able to do when we have Alvin, Stan, and Karrington(sp) on the field at the same time. It is going to be an exciting season.

Mon May 14, 2007 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Stan Zwinggi should be the leader of the pack. I think they will all have their chance to rack up some yards. But after last season, I think Stan is the clear cut choice.

Mon May 14, 2007 5:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

We're loaded at running back right now, but my favorite Bobcat overall right now is Zwinggi. He's good and he's tough. With some good blocking, this will be a real good year for him. With great blocking, he'll be unstoppable.

Mon May 14, 2007 6:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's going to be hard to compare them based off of last years stats since they mostly ran the zone read.

Mon May 14, 2007 7:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Zwinggi's a sissy. B-Rad all the way...easily breaks 1500 on the ground.

Mon May 14, 2007 7:15 pm
Site Admin

Zwinggi could easily break 1500 yards if given the opportunity. I hate this running back by committee crap.

Mon May 14, 2007 9:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Zwinggi could easily break 1500 yards if given the opportunity. I hate this running back by committee crap.

I like multiple backs. Not so much on an individual game basis but in the scope of an entire season. It allows you to have backs that are 110% every game. It also allows you the option of different running styles depending on the match up.

Mon May 14, 2007 9:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Zwinggi made the difference against Sam Houston last year, got conference player of the week. He had two awesome TD's, one for 40+ yds and one for 80+ yds, plus played the second half with a broken hand. He is most likely the fastest player on the field for us and our opponents. The opposing defense will have to key on him which will open up things for other players. Canady and Bush should have some good stats. Bottom line -- The only stat that matters is that we get a "W"

Tue May 15, 2007 2:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
AC

Tue May 15, 2007 9:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Stan Da Man is my vote but dont sleep on Karrington.

Wed May 23, 2007 9:51 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next