Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Feed My Curiosity 

From all the talk about going DI-FBS, football attendance next year will...
Improve now that everyone is interested about DI-FBS and they want to support it 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Hurt Attendance because people have lost faith in the Athletic Department 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Improve just because it is improving each year 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Not change at all 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 21

Feed My Curiosity 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Feed My Curiosity
I started thinking about this as I was reading the last article of the AD series. Here's the poll...

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:19 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Our attendance will be predicated on how we perform on the field. Just like it has been for the past 15 years (from the time I started following Bobcat football).

If we are winning, and attendance improves, folks will claim it is because of the announced plan to take a look at moving up.

If we are losing and attendance declines, folks will simply claim it is because we are I-AA.

Where the proof would really be is if we are winning and attendance stays the same. THEN there would be some evidence that we have "peaked" at I-AA. I would support a move.

Or if we are losing and attendance improves anyway. That would be evidence that folks want us to move up, regardless of how we are doing.

But it doesn't matter, because I don't see either of the last two options happening.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 am
Site Admin

Or if we are losing and attendance improves anyway. That would be evidence that folks want us to move up, regardless of how we are doing.

We had a losing record last year, and attendance increased beyond our championship season average.

School pride is on the increase. It's time to capitalize on it.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

We had a losing record last year, and attendance increased beyond our championship season average.

School pride is on the increase. It's time to capitalize on it.

Attendance also decreased as the year went on. That is NOT improving attendance. When you start off with a sellout crowd, and then a near sellout, followed by a lesser crowd, on and on.

It is the same every year. We start out with good crowds, and then steadily decline. It's happened every year since I have been involved with the Bobcats. The only difference was 2005. Why? Because we were winning.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

treacherous wrote:
Attendance also decreased as the year went on. That is NOT improving attendance. When you start off with a sellout crowd, and then a near sellout, followed by a lesser crowd, on and on.

It is the same every year. We start out with good crowds, and then steadily decline. It's happened every year since I have been involved with the Bobcats. The only difference was 2005. Why? Because we were winning.

Not really, the 05 season we had two near sellouts followed by two sellouts to end the season, yet the next year (06) we only had one true sellout, yet average attendance still increased. Pride is building, though you are most certainly correct that winning is the fast track for all of this.

As for the poll, I voted for the first one, though I believe it will not be a huge effect. The real point is, IF we start winning I think the stadium will get pack very quickly. I also think that the student pop will remember Cal Poly and show up in force.
Dan

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:13 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]